✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Sigur Rós

busybeeburns

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

split sides dvd

over five years after its premiere, the split sides dance performance has just been released. on sale in a two dvd set, it will show the 45th and 46th performances of split sides - with music provided by sigur rós and radiohead.

the dvd is available now on on microcinemadvd.com and from the 30th of june on amazon.com (amongst others).

note: it is just a ntsc format release at the moment. we suggest letting micro cinema know if you want it in PAL format, if enough people express interest then hopefully they will produce one.

more information about the music sigur rós provided for the piece is here.

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/news/?p=1104

Was feeling lonely and decided to take a walk off campus through an area I've never been to before. The whole time I was listening through the first three tracks of ( ) and I can't even begin to describe how emotional and beautiful it all was...

I can't even explain how perfect those moments are; when you're feeling an emotion so strongly and you just put on some amazing and soothing music like sigur ros, and the whole world just seems so beautiful and sad and yet a weird kind of perfect at the same time, and then you feel so unique and wonderful and wonder why everyone doesn't see the world how you do, and think to yourself how perfect it would be if everyone could be like this every once in a while. Even though the whole time you're still very sad and lonely and depressed.

/can't explain it very well.

I can't even explain how perfect those moments are; when you're feeling an emotion so strongly and you just put on some amazing and soothing music like sigur ros, and the whole world just seems so beautiful and sad and yet a weird kind of perfect at the same time, and then you feel so unique and wonderful and wonder why everyone doesn't see the world how you do, and think to yourself how perfect it would be if everyone could be like this every once in a while. Even though the whole time you're still very sad and lonely and depressed.

/can't explain it very well.

yes you can, I understood perfectly, maybe because I feel like you a lot of times

riceboy sleeps album details

jónsi and alex have completed their first album together, entitled ‘riceboy sleeps’. the 68 minute album has 9 tracks and will be released july 20th on parlophone records. the instrumental album was recorded in iceland and played solely on acoustic instruments, with appearances by amiina and the kópavogsdætur choir. more info on the album can be read in the full press release.

tracklisting:

1. happiness

2. atlas song

3. indian summer

4. stokkseyri

5. boy 1904

6. all the big trees

7. daníell in the sea

8. howl

9. sleeping giant