✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

how did you buy your cd??

jewl*

i got mine given to me on Easter from my sister. i told her how i liked this 1 song yellow i heard on the radio and i wanted to know more about them. when i got it i wasnt really thrilled(i was wanting Enya). i left it on my bed for 3 days. i still remember wanting to hear yellow and ripping it open right before i was leaving for school. hee, hee i was late too!! i ran to my room and heard the song when i got home that day. i thought it was good and decided to listen to the rest. i remember a warm sunny day right before my mothers surgery! *feels good* oh well

enough!! what about you?? im wondering if anybody went throught somthing simular to mine!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good topic!

I got mine after hearing Yellow on the radio. It was my favorite song but I liked it enough for me to download some songs off the internet. I remember really liking Don't Panic... so I went to the store and saw that Billboard said it was one of the best albums of the year so I said, "what the hell?"

I haven't stopped listening to it since.

good topic!

I got mine after hearing Yellow on the radio. It was my favorite song but I liked it enough for me to download some songs off the internet. I remember really liking Don't Panic... so I went to the store and saw that Billboard said it was one of the best albums of the year so I said, "what the hell?"

I haven't stopped listening to it since.

thank you! :)

i'll answer that for her if she doesnt mind..yes, she is from tx. i tried to get her to come to houston so she could meet coldplay, but she couldnt make it :(

yay for all the ppl in tx who are on this board...now i dont feel lonely anymore :D

the first song i heard was shiver...i dont remember what i was doing or what was going on but it was chris' voice that attracked me and jonny's guitar. i went out and bought the cd like a week later i think because i was addicted to the song and wanted to hear it more. now i love it all :o :D

I lent it to a friend and she took it to Argentina and she "lost" the cd there.......... I went to buy another one and it wasn't on the store, and that happend me like 5 times, then I spend the money in some u2's demos for my sister and we went to another store and there was Parachutes, and I didn't have any money left.............. (another day) I went to the cinema and before the movie started I went to see If I could find Parachutes again............ again 4 stores and nothing. After the movie I went to another store and there was a Queen DVD so I bought it ( to my brther this time) and then I found a cd tore, and there was the last Parachutes and again I didn't have any money left .......... (another day) I went to a store and it wasnt there, I looked everywere and it wasnt anywere so I bought Norah Jones cd and guess what I found then......... Parachutes and Yellow..... again I coudn't buy it............... As a bday present ( a bit early) a friend bought me Parachutes, unfortunately is not the cd version, is like those old "cds", black, huge, round things called "vinilos" here and is like an old tipe of cd, I don't know If you know about what I'm talking about............. So I have it, but I can't listen to it.....( Nt very usefull) ............. After all that I'm thinking that for some reason god doesn't want me to have Parachutes :?

okay here is a long post:

the first time i ever heard ANYTHING was on a commercial for some festival where this strange guy was running on a beach and i thougt 'what a bleedin' idiot, he looks like a geek'. (im almost sure i have posted this before :shrug: ) so i didnt hear anything for a looong time. then one magic day me and my family were in our summerhouse and i would listen to some of my sisters cd's and i thought this brown one looked ok, and i layed out in the sun and heard it on the discman. i heard one song and reconized troble and couldnt stop listening, so i listened it through over and over again constantly in 2 days. when i got home i ran out and bought it right away!

So everytime i hear some parts of the album i can still remember being on the portch laying on a sunchair with the sun on my face and a calm breeze in the air. LUFELY!! I get all emotional now... :cry: :D

just thought of posting a thread like this, strange...

ugghh my eyes are tired of reading that lol!
'

aw, i'm sorry, hope it was worth it :D

It was worth it - lurvly story! Very sunny too!

I didn't even hear Parachutes until after I'd become addicted to CP through AROBTTH, and hearing the single - In My Place - just once. Then I discovered that my son, George, had the CD of Paracutes given to him - SIGNED BY ALL THE BAND NO LESS - by Chris's little bro, who he's at school with!! What a shock! :o What luck!! :D

I lent it to a friend and she took it to Argentina and she "lost" the cd there.......... I went to buy another one and it wasn't on the store' date=' and that happend me like 5 times, then I spend the money in some u2's demos for my sister and we went to another store and there was Parachutes, and I didn't have any money left.............. (another day) I went to the cinema and before the movie started I went to see If I could find Parachutes again............ again 4 stores and nothing. After the movie I went to another store and there was a Queen DVD so I bought it ( to my brther this time) and then I found a cd tore, and there was the last Parachutes and again I didn't have any money left .......... (another day) I went to a store and it wasnt there, I looked everywere and it wasnt anywere so I bought Norah Jones cd and guess what I found then......... Parachutes and Yellow..... again I coudn't buy it............... As a bday present ( a bit early) a friend bought me Parachutes, unfortunately is not the cd version, is like those old "cds", black, huge, round things called "vinilos" here and is like an old tipe of cd, I don't know If you know about what I'm talking about............. So I have it, but I can't listen to it.....( Nt very usefull) ............. After all that I'm thinking that for some reason god doesn't want me to have Parachutes :?[/quote']

:D *chuckles*

I remember seeing the Yellow video on t.v., I liked the sound, but I had to leave at that moment so I didn't finish the video and didn't catch who was singing. I did cross my mind that the guy looked dorky and the video seemed boring. I later heard Yellow on the radio and I would sing along every time I heard it, but didn't buy the CD 'cause I often buy CDs for one song and the rest of the songs suck. Anyways I later heard Trouble on the radio and thought that 5 for fighting sang it, cause they play the piano in the song Superman. Finally, one day I was up late doing homework when a live performance of Coldplay plays on the radio and they start with Yellow, then play Trouble and I was like, oh my god its the same band, I'm getting the CD. They also played Shiver and I loved it. This performance was around Dec. 2001 and I couldn't get Parachutes for X-mas cause all stores were out, so I finally got it for my B-day on March 2002 and I GOT HOOKED FOR EVER! :-D