✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

CP's next album--a critical album to their career?

yipuxia

"yellow" saves their debut album.

"the scientist" and "clocks" save their sophomore album.

people are trusting chris martin to keep on writing classic songs.

if their next album is filled with fantastic but not classic songs, people will say they are a "3 hit wonder" band and their career would be doomed :cry:

im seriously worrying about them... :cry:

it ain't easy to write classic songs...

a lot of my friends love coldplay only because of the classics such as the scientist and yellow. without these two hits, CP wouldn't have been so big :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

my 2 cents, dont criticize me :cry: :cry:

new male member: Howie

well, this is the album to know if they gonna be forever or just a "one hit wonder".. but I dont think yellow has saved their first album.. .Actually, I think if many people liked them at the begining was for songs like "Spies" and "Don´t panic".. but let´s see what happen... :cool: this album is the real challenge... and if you dont believe it, just ask to the Chris Martin´s hair.. ha,ha... :lol: :lol: :P

Mexico is... Zu.

i don't think Yellow Saved the debut album. it boosted the sales amazingly well, but i wouldn't sy it saved it. Also,i think the 3rd album from any band, is usually the Most Important, and determines where they will placed among other bands. like Radioheads Ok Computer, and then with Oasis' Be Here Now. I believe with sales, both bands had achieved good results...but with critics, Be Here Now wasn't too great, and oasis have been going down hill ever since..., whereas Radiohead...released Kid A, which i love, Amnesiac, which i like a lot, and Hail To The Theif, which is Excellent :)

that's my little bit.

i don't really care too much if Coldplays third album doesn't sell as much as expected, i definitely am not Worrying as much as Howie up there! :) Welcome To the Board :beatnik:

i just hope i like it as much as previous coldplay =)

Zu - I think Coldplay will be around as long as U2 :smug:

I just hope they keep as good looking as U2 has been... ;) because that hear is still fall down... :lol: :lol: ha,ha... Seriously... I really think they will be around for a long long time... :)

Mexico... came out of the water: Zu

I hope they don't end up sounding like the most recent Starsailor album from last year. They went from sounding emotional to sounding very "Pop", sorta like an album full of U2's song "Stuck In A Moment...." but not as well executed. :p

If the baby affected Coldplay, it will be because Chris is on a high, not a low. Maybe the new album will sound a bit like "Coldplay lite". I really hope they don't pull a Starsailor on their 3rd album, but I have a feeling that this album will be a bit of a sappy, more upbeat album, or at least moreso than on the first 2 albums. I can't really blame Chris, though. He just had a kid.

yeah I agree. I could really see Coldplay doing a more upbeat rockish album with som electrica moments. would've been great. ahhh, i can't wait...

I just can't see coldplay screwing this up. i know they won't. They're too serious about making music..

Zu - I think Coldplay will be around as long as U2 :smug:

I just hope they keep as good looking as U2 has been... ;) because that hear is still fall down... :lol: :lol: ha,ha... Seriously... I really think they will be around for a long long time... :)

Mexico... came out of the water: Zu

well they both have a falsetto that can play the piano and guitar and is balding (or bald, in edges case) :lol: