✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Canada, eh?!

Canadian_Aphrodite

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say that you are lucky to be born in Canada with the enormous differences in temperature over a year knowing that you're interested in the weather forecasts.

The Canadian weather might be worth a study.

I do genuinely believe that you will make a GREAT meteorologist with your mathematical skills and good brains.

But personally I couldn't live in a country with so cold winters and so hot summers.

:dead::dead:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Did anyone here go to the Coldplay show at Toronto's Rogers Centre in the summer of last year?

For the concert, was Rogers Centre in its baseball configuration or its football configuration?

I know it's a stupid question, but I was just curious.:embarrassed:

When I saw U2 at Rogers Centre last year, the stadium was oddly its baseball configuration.:inquisitive:

• 4 months later...

Mounties and maple syrup (and an excellent healthcare system): Why Canada is the preferred destination for British expats

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 12:34 PM on 20th April 2011

It is the land of maple syrup, the Mounties and... British expats

Those emigrating from the UK have rated Canada as the best country to live in, it has been revealed.

The country was seen as having the best quality of life, is peaceful and has a sound banking system, according to a survey.

article-1378747-0025B60C00000578-925_468x328.jpg Top destination: Canada is popular with ex-pats because of its natural beauty. Here a railway train makes its way through the Rocky Mountains

TOP EX-PAT DESTINATIONS

1. Canada

2. New Zealand

3. Australia

4. France

5. South Africa

6. Portugal

7. Spain

8. U.S.

9. United Arab Emirates

10. Singapore

11. Hong Kong

12. China

Expats also gave high marks to Canada's natural beauty, its healthcare system and its education standards.

There are currently more than 600,000 British expats living in the country.

New Zealand was second, followed by Australia, France and South Africa.

Of the 1,430 UK expats surveyed by NatWest International Personal Banking, more than half earned between £50,000 and £100,000 a year.

The biggest earners were in Hong Kong where almost half - 47 per cent - of UK expats had annual salaries of more than £100,000.

In contrast, only 5 per cent of those who have moved to Portugal earned in excess of £100,000.

Natwest PIB head Dave Isley said: 'Canada's excellent working conditions, financial security and peaceful reputation have pushed it into this year's pole position.

'It seems the pull of the beautiful Rockies, the Mounties and the marvellous taste of maple syrup is a real sticking point for British expats.'

article-1378747-002116A100000258-805_468x258.jpg Natural beauty: The Niagra Falls is on the Canadian border between Ontario and New York, U.S. The U.S. was only the eighth most popular destination for ex-pats

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1378747/Why-Canada-destination-British-expats.html#ixzz1K4ZPTCvK

• 2 weeks later...