Canada, eh?!

Canadian_Aphrodite

cool!

I DON'T UNDERSTAND

HARPER

MAJORITY

WHAT

CANADA IS SCREWED

Another Canadian started a thread about the election result. According to what you and the other Canadian wrote, then it is goodbye to CANADA as I like it.

I have always admired CANADA for its health-care policy, but changes are imminent - for worse. :cry: and :deadhusky: (I hate the latter smiley, but use it to display my mood triggered by the election result in Canada).

I understand that Manitoba had snow a few days ago.

A few days ago Denmark had 22 degrees Celsius.

Now it is warmer in Canada, whereas the western part of Denmark (Jutland) has had hail and even snow.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool!

I DON'T UNDERSTAND

HARPER

MAJORITY

WHAT

CANADA IS SCREWED

What's so damned sad is that only about 24% of all eligible voters put him in that majority. Until people get off their asses, educate themselves and VOTE things will be this way. :(

I honestly thought Canada was a dreamland before Harper.

Now I'm thinknig of moving out as soon as I'm done with my studies :/ Ivet and I were supposed to move to Toronto or Montreal (well we wanted to) but now I'm considering moving to the USA instead. That's just THAT bad.

well yeah.. yet. but only a month after being majoritary, some conservatives talked about banning homosexual marriage during their convention... it was just talk, but Stephen Harper is so... ugh.

see for yourself: http://shitharperdid.ca.nyud.net/

without talking about asbestos exportation, the unnecessary increse of military deployment, how he doesn't care about environment...

After W. was re-elected, hundreds of thousands of U.S. citizens petitioned to come here.Now I wonder if they're regretting that! Ironic that Obama worked forCanadian-style health care that we may very well lose now. :(

> Yes, Canada was our hopeful refuge, kind of a giant wilderness preserve for us endangered progressives when the skies grow dark and storm clouds build over the plains here.:laugh3:

Hm, sad to see Canada taken over by conservatives, but not the type of conservatives like they used to make. Yes, the health care - well, Obamacare is like a giveaway to the industries causing the problems, since they bought the government they wanted. Hardly reform, more like caving in to corporate interests..

I'm pushing for the ultimate fix on it all, a couple of Constitutional Amendments, which if things get worse will gain more traction with the general public, maybe the thing we have to do to restore our democracy here.

How did it happen? Apathy by voters? Megamegacorps taking over in Canada? Too much back bacon and maple syrup?

> Yes, Canada was our hopeful refuge, kind of a giant wilderness preserve for us endangered progressives when the skies grow dark and storm clouds build over the plains here.:laugh3:

Hm, sad to see Canada taken over by conservatives, but not the type of conservatives like they used to make. Yes, the health care - well, Obamacare is like a giveaway to the industries causing the problems, since they bought the government they wanted. Hardly reform, more like caving in to corporate interests..

I'm pushing for the ultimate fix on it all, a couple of Constitutional Amendments, which if things get worse will gain more traction with the general public, maybe the thing we have to do to restore our democracy here.

How did it happen? Apathy by voters? Megamegacorps taking over in Canada? Too much back bacon and maple syrup?

Plain ol' complacency on our part along with corporations buying the gov't. that would best serve their interests.

The one ray of light in that whole election is that we seated our first green! Fiscally conservative, but with a view to protect our environment.

And you can NEVER have too much back bacon and maple syrup! (though calorie-wise, it could lead to fat-cats!.)

Plain ol' complacency on our part along with corporations buying the gov't. that would best serve their interests.

The one ray of light in that whole election is that we seated our first green! Fiscally conservative, but with a view to protect our environment.

And you can NEVER have too much back bacon and maple syrup! (though calorie-wise, it could lead to fat-cats!.)

> Hm, sounds familiar. apathy, TV ads, results - that could be us. or is us.

> Quite amazing!! A green candidate makes it, YAY!!

? Did the Green candidate offer more maple trees, as a sweetener for the future?:P

Fat cats, they happen when there's too much pork in government, how true! :laugh3:

What's the cure, so as to restore Canadian pride and progressive politics?

> Hm, sounds familiar. apathy, TV ads, results - that could be us. or is us.

> Quite amazing!! A green candidate makes it, YAY!!

? Did the Green candidate offer more maple trees, as a sweetener for the future?:P

Fat cats, they happen when there's too much pork in government, how true! :laugh3:

What's the cure, so as to restore Canadian pride and progressive politics?

It's ironic that we got so fed up with the same old Conservative minorities that we elected a majority due to voter apathy. People need to understand that there are other systems to elect a government, and the major parties are just as happy to let them go uninformed. Proportional Representation wouldn't be a 'fix' but it would be an improvement. Greens here are facing the same problem as Greens in the UK. Most people, sadly, don't want to know.

We're so tired of the problem as a nation that we've made it worse! THAT'S what has frustrated me SO MUCH this time around.

Yeah that wold help, proportional representation would be amazing. We wouldnt have a goddamn majority conservative party. And it would represent the will and needs of the population so much better.

It is also very sad that all teh youngsters I know voted for the green party or the new democratic party, yet the conservatives were elected. It's the youth's future, yet the old baby boom generation mostly votes conservative. And god knows there are a lot of these people. Bleh.

Yeah that wold help, proportional representation would be amazing. We wouldnt have a goddamn majority conservative party. And it would represent the will and needs of the population so much better.

It is also very sad that all teh youngsters I know voted for the green party or the new democratic party, yet the conservatives were elected. It's the youth's future, yet the old baby boom generation mostly votes conservative. And god knows there are a lot of these people. Bleh.

My Mom said, and she was right, that the elderly come out to vote en masse! Most are Conservative. Though SHE almost voted green,lol. I nearly had a heart attack!

Hello fellow Canadians. Just found out about our own thread. Wondered how many Canucks are on this site. I don't know anybody who loves Coldplay as much as me. Glad to see there are other Canadians with excellent taste!

Anyone going to the U2 concert in Moncton July 30th? I'll be there (wearing my Coldplay tee)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...