✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Travis

lucyinthesky

^i know, it's just that i haven't been online for two days, so this is totally new for me ;)

don't really know what to think about it just now. from what i read it sounds like there were times when he got totally fed up with the band - so of course this is a million times better than a split. then again, i'm taking his word that it really is only a "holiday" and he'll return one day. of course i'm looking forward to his album and i'm really excited. but i truly HOPE that this doesn't mean the end of travis...

Definitely, as that really would be a "Travisty".;)

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^i know, it's just that i haven't been online for two days, so this is totally new for me ;)

don't really know what to think about it just now. from what i read it sounds like there were times when he got totally fed up with the band - so of course this is a million times better than a split. then again, i'm taking his word that it really is only a "holiday" and he'll return one day. of course i'm looking forward to his album and i'm really excited. but i truly HOPE that this doesn't mean the end of travis...

It might be like when the Manics had a holiday in 2006 where James & Nick released solo albums of their own, before coming back together to make send away the tigers and plague lovers

so, i think i have some news for you.

fran has actually decided to take a "holiday" from travis. in this case, it means there's gonna be a solo album which actually is already completed and will be called "wreckorder".

all further details can be found here: www.franhealy.com

Yeah, I've read it somewhere.:)

I hope it will be another great work from him!

• 2 weeks later...

from travisonline.com:

Live bootleg album to be released 19 Jan

When Fran and Andy embarked on their tour of North America and Canada in October 2009, they certainly kept their fans in mind.

Attendees of the tour (dubbed "A Chronological Acoustical Journey Through The Travis Back Catalogue) experienced the songs of Travis like never before: in small, intimate venues with Andy and Fran armed only with their guitars, a piano, and a slew of great songs. The shows also featured a homemade slideshow by Fran, illustrating the inspirations for the songs.

Fran explained that the format of the show starts "with the first song I wrote and ends with the last song I wrote. Between these two bookends [Andy and I] play a selection of songs running in chronological order.”

Some of the stories were heartwarming, many comical, and a few telling of harder times; the show was equal parts performance and storytelling, equating to a genuinely unique concert experience.

Now you can relive this one-of-a-kind show whenever you'd like with the release of the official live "bootleg" album titled, A Chronological Acoustical Journey Through The Travis Back Catalogue Live, a live audio recording capturing their performances from this tour including a previously unheard new song.

This album, which was previously only available on the tour, will now be released exclusively through Amazon.com on Tuesday, the 19th of January, in both digital MP3 and physical formats in the US, and in the digital format in the UK, France and Germany.

You can pick up the digital format of the album from the 19th January exclusively at Amazon.com.

A link to the physical format (available only in the US) will follow soon.

You can also listen to the full live album as a stream, online, exclusively through Travis' Myspace page from 12am (PST) January 16 to midnight January 18(PST).

Tracklisting is as follows, with story titles in quotes:

'Come To Scotland'

Turn

'The Volume Dealers'

All I Want To Do Is Rock

'Let It Out & Let It In'

Falling Down

'Israel'

Last Laugh Of The Laughter

'New Flag'

Why Does It Always Rain On Me

'Nigel Godrich'

Flowers In The Window

'Nora'

Sing

'You Decide'

Side

'Jake Gyllenhaal'

Love Will Come Through

'Clay'

My Eyes

Before You Were Young

Holiday

• 1 month later...

^well that was how i felt like when i first heard the news...

now i'm thinkinh it's perfectly normal to take a break from sth you've done for many years. it's a different experience for him, he deserves it and i'm sure all goes back to normal afterwards ;)

I can't believe it! Nooo! they are Travis is as if chris went out of coldplay!

I WANT TRAVIS! Not a part of them! I think is very selfish form Fran to do that, I would never do that....:(

I never thought that Fran would put out a solo album, so I was pretty surprised when he announced it. I don't think it's selfish of him to do it, but I do miss the band as a whole and hope this really is just a hiatus and that they're back together with a new album by next year. :D

As for Chris, he's been quoted so many times in interviews saying that he would never put out a solo album, so I at least have that to comfort me!

well, franny also used to say that he wouldn't do it ;)

i guess things can change, that's life^^

You're absolutely right; I do recall Fran saying - at one point, at least - that he didn't have an interest in doing a solo album. I just don't recall him ever saying that he'd never do it though, so I wouldn't go so far as to say that he went back on his word. :)

I do often wonder about the dynamics between band members in different bands though. For example, Fran's the lead songwriter for Travis and is credited as such, while Chris is credited and considered by himself and the rest of the band to be only one-fourth of the songwriting magic that is Coldplay. I wonder how the equality or lack thereof in a band can lead someone to "go solo".

But look at U2, it's said in everysong who writes the lyrics and the music, as in Travis... and I really don't think Bono will go on solo...

What do you think, will Fran become more famous as a solo than he did with travis? (At least Travis is not very famous here....)

But I will always love Travis as a whole group.... "writing to reach you", "Pipe dreams...." Will fran sing them alone if he goes on tour? Don't think so....

^well if he only has 10 or maybe 12 songs for the new album, there might be a chance to hear some travis songs on his tour as well (yep, he said he'd tour) - but i don't know how many new songs he actually wrote during the last months. i only know that he wrote quite a lot ;)

Sir Robin- “Question 1 comes from DebbieDeebee and she asks …On Travisonline you’ve always played down the idea of a solo album. Why the change of heart? It came as a surprise to many fans.”

Fran- ” It was a surprise for me too. Thoughts of doing anything other than Travis had never come into my head. I get asked so many times since the beginning of Travis about doing a solo record but I wasn’t feeling it. I’m pretty instinctual about stuff and tend to follow my heart so when, last April, the thought of doing something other than Travis popped up, I just went with it.”

(...)

Sir Robin- “That’s good enough for me… Next question… JulyNoSoucy wondered to what extent solo album means that Travis’ other members were not involved? Did you ask them their views or cut off from them?"

Fran ” The band have not heard the record or any songs from the record. They’ll hear it soon though. We spend our whole lives together and when we come off the road we go our separate ways. When you’re in a band at the start, you do everything as a group but as you get older and your map changes with friends, girlfriends, then wives and then kids, there needs to be a section of the pie chart which is your own. The solo record falls into this section. In saying that, I had asked Andy to come and help me at the early stages but then decided it should be totally solo. Andy understood. In saying that too, I asked him if he would play on Holiday. He owned the guitar line on it so it was only right. So there is a guest appearance by Andy Dunlop.

(http://www.franhealy.com)

• 2 weeks later...