✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Travis

lucyinthesky

I still don't have Wreckorder. Anyone recommend it? I would have personally preferred some of those ideas just go to a Travis album. Like Keith Richards said, "going solo is going alone". I don't like it when artists sideline their band work with solo work. But that's just me :)

I've actually started revisiting some Travis as its been a while since i've given them a session of compulsive listening (perhaps the first time on a regular basis since 2008, their last record released). Funny thing is my mind hasn't changed about the albums:

- The Invisible Band is still my least preferred

- 12 Memories is still my favourite followed by The Man Who

- I actually don't think Nigel Godrich is the best producer for them

- Love Will Come Through is my favourite song of theirs

Of course, the album ranking is the same as what it was back in 2008:

1. 12 Memories

2. The Man Who

3. Ode To J. Smith

4. Good Feeling

5. The Boy With No Name

6. Invisible Band

Keep in mind this is a band i've been a fan of since 1999. I got The Man Who for my 14th Birthday that year which was around the time I had begun my obsession with music. Listening to their records now, it just bleeds the most positive of nostalgia because those albums hold such a special place in my heart.

I purchased 12 Memories on my last ever day of school after class broke up and listened to it about 4 times back to back. It was such an appropriate soundtrack for that day. That night we had our valedictory dinner and the album was just echoing in my head that entire evening.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld

Ode to J Smith without Nigel Godrich was in my opinion a fresh start and possibly their best album yet. He's been good for Travis but his time is over with them I feel. I'd like to see them work with Steve Lilleywhite personally.

Ode to J Smith without Nigel Godrich was in my opinion a fresh start and possibly their best album yet.

Exactly. There was a point where Nigel was great for them, but with each subsequent involvement his work with them has just been less and less inspiring. Lillywhite was great but I thought Mitchell Froom hit the spot with 12 Memories; we had a textured album full of gloomy atmosphere with some of the lighter, melodic moments of Travis. The Boy With No Name was such a let down to follow up with, but Ode...

is outstanding. Their best albums seem to be the odd numbered ones, kind of like Star Trek films.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Lillywhite only has a tendency to work with bands once but he should consider Travis again. Thought The Boy With No Name was pretty good but it reverted back to Travis of The Invisible Band era. Ode To J Smith seems the natural successor to 12 Memories.

I owe a lot to Travis. Their infectious melodies, catchy rhythms, and Fran's voice get into your head, and they are there to stay. They were one of only a few artists who heavily influenced me as a young songwriter who was just starting out.

I first heard "Why Does it Always Rain on Me" on the radio back in 2000... I immediately went out and bought the record (no song on American mainstream radio has lead me to do that since), learned how to play everything, and would play their tunes at open-mic-nights. The Man Who is, to this day, one of my all-time favorite records.

Hopefully one day I'll get my chance to thank them.

Guest howyousawtheworld
I owe a lot to Travis. Their infectious melodies, catchy rhythms, and Fran's voice get into your head, and they are there to stay. They were one of only a few artists who heavily influenced me as a young songwriter who was just starting out.

I first heard "Why Does it Always Rain on Me" on the radio back in 2000... I immediately went out and bought the record (no song on American mainstream radio has lead me to do that since), learned how to play everything, and would play their tunes at open-mic-nights. The Man Who is, to this day, one of my all-time favorite records.

Hopefully one day I'll get my chance to thank them.

Like me with Sing in 2001. I'd never heard a band so catchy with their beautiful melodies. Fran Healy is a genius in my opinion and a true gentleman at the same time.

wow, what was that like?

It was a real privilege, and a very relaxed encounter, as there were only a few of us waiting for him to come out.

It was the icing on the cake of a fantastic evening, as the concert itself was fantastic.:D

wow, someone bumped this thread and for once it wasn't me :cheesy:

i might as well post my first ever youtube vid in here, haha. i'm sorry that you can barely see fran, but the sound is alright ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqXXzvx8ZAI]YouTube - Fran Healy - Slide Show (Live in Berlin)[/ame]

Travis Announce Istanbul Date

16/04/11

Travis are pleased to confirm their appearance at the Rock’n Coke Festival, Istanbul, Turkey on Sunday 17th July. Tickets for this event are onsale now at the link below:

Sunday 17th July 2011

Rock’n Coke Festival, Istanbul, Turkey

http://www.travisonline.com/news/travis-announce-istanbul-date/

Maybe there'll be others......................... :D

^Hopefully! :D

Europe With Brandon

Fran will be supporting Brandon Flowers on the following european dates

Tuesday 5th July

Capitol, Offenbach, Germany

Tickets: http://www.eventim.de

Wednesday 6th July

013 Tilburg, Tilburg, Holland

Tickets: http://www.ticketmaster.nl

Thursday 7th July

Den Atelier, Luxembourg, Luxembourg

Tickets: http://www.atelier.lu

--> http://www.franhealy.com/

Why Brandon Flowers??? Couldn't it be something good?

I thought about going to Offenbach and have decided against it. I do like Brandon's solo stuff, but all in all it would be too expensive, considering that Fran will probably only be on stage for about 30 minutes.

• 2 months later...
I thought about going to Offenbach and have decided against it. I do like Brandon's solo stuff, but all in all it would be too expensive, considering that Fran will probably only be on stage for about 30 minutes.

True - it would all be a bit Fran-tic!:P

• 1 year later...