✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

CHRIS MARTIN`S EX-GIRLFRIEND- BEFORE HE BECAME FAMOUS

marta

IVE FOUND THIS ARTICLE SOMEWHERE AND THOUGHT - MAYBE IT WOULD BE INTERESTING TO YOU TOO.... :)

A former girlfriend of Coldplay's Chris Martin has told how she spurned his advances before he became famous.

Emma Holland says he was a "geek" who wore braces but admits falling for him after he became a star, only for him to reject her.

In an article in Elle magazine, reported in the Evening Standard, Holland says she has no regrets and wishes Martin every happiness.

She met the singer four years ago when she was a 20-year-old student at Oxford and was asked to interview his band for her college paper.

"Instead of the cool, trendy singer I had expected, he was dressed like a folk musician in a chunky-knit jumper. He also seemed insanely excited, grinning through a set of silver braces," she said.

Holland says she wasn't attracted to him, but found his childlike-naivety charming and got to know him over the next few days. One evening, he "leaned over and pressed his mouth to mine". A week later she was in bed when there was a knock at the door which, thinking it might be him, she didn't answer.

"Then I heard my door open, and his footsteps echo across the floor. He sat on the edge of my bed and stroked my cheek. "You're amazing," he whispered. I pretended I was asleep until he finally got up and left."

Two years later, she went to see Coldplay in concert. By now, Martin was a star, the band's debut album was high in the charts and they were playing sell-out gigs across the country.

She says: "When Chris came on stage, the transformation was remarkable. He looked healthy and tanned, cleanshaven with gel-styled hair. With his braces gone his smile wasn't goofy any more - it was sexy."

Afterwards, she went backstage and suddenly, Martin appeared: "Before I knew it, he planted a kiss on my cheek. "What are you doing afterwards?" he asked."

They met at a bar and: "Before long we were flirting and, I admit it, where before he'd irritated me, I now felt flattered.

"I felt closer to him than ever. We were alone and, regardless of all that had happened, he still wanted to be with me. We made our way back to a friend's house for a night together," she said.

"A few days later the phone rang. It was Chris, but this time his tone wasn't affectionate. He said he felt bad about what happened that night because it had been "shallow", that he'd only wanted something he couldn't have before.

"I felt misunderstood. I had been shallow before in not accepting Chris the "geek", but my new-found feelings had little to do with his fame.

"Chris had changed - his insecurity had been replaced by confidence and self-belief. Fame had made him into just the man I was attracted to, just as I could no longer have him."