Their stage setup in front of the Muse towers:

SAM_0513.jpg?t=1290623779

Performing:

SAM_0527.jpg?t=1290623829

The light was blinding me here, but I thought it looked pretty cool. :awesome:

SAM_0535.jpg?t=1290623829

SAM_0539.jpg?t=1290623829

Okay that's it. :wacky:

Sorry some of them are crap quality, I was zoomed in all the way with my camera and I was so excited I was shaking. :wacky:

• 1 month later...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-audio-metric-offers-an-orchestral-take-on-buffalo-springfield-20110103

Exclusive Audio: Metric Offers an Orchestral Take on Buffalo Springfield

Toronto indie band debuts track from iTunes session

Today, listen to an exclusive preview of Toronto quartet Metric's iTunes session (on iTunes tomorrow), which will feature eight new tracks. The session includes an interview with the band plus the new songs, most of them featuring alternate arrangements. Some of the new versions are stripped-down and acoustic, but other tracks — like their gorgeous, melancholy take on Buffalo Springfield’s “Expecting to Fly” — expand the band’s usual musical palette with the addition of a string quartet.

So yeah, it's out, but I'd advise against downloading it at this moment. Help I'm Alive and Hustle Rose aren't working properly (they're instead repeated tracks of others on the EP instead). Give iTunes time to sort it out.

Other songs sound awesome, though. They're completely reworked versions.

Okay, it's working now, but only for U.S. users. I have no idea why they wouldn't yet release it in Canada of all places, but I'm sure you guys (and everyone else in the world) will get it soon enough. iTunes tends to be really inconsistent with releasing exclusive content internationally. (for instance, it took us like 2 extra months to get the Stars iTunes live session)

I hate to tease, but these reworkings sound fantastic. A lot of them incorporate some extended tricks from their live versions (Twilight Galaxy, Empty), but a couple are totally redone (Gimme Sympathy). Hope you guys can listen to them soon.

• 6 months later...

I couldn't find this thread in the index... and these posts are ANCIENT!!! Nothing about Fantasies at all? It was my AOTY 2009... :sick:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRtd8ArvH_s&ob=av3n]‪Gold Guns Girls [Official Music Video] - METRIC‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N4a7RX5x7E&ob=av3e]‪Stadium Love [Official Music Video] - METRIC‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

And if I had to pick my top five Metric songs:

1. Fanfare/Parkdale

2. The Lifestyle

3. Live It Out

4. Gold Guns Girls

5. Succexy

...and maybe an honorable mention to Stadium Love, Gimme Sympathy, Patriarch On A Vespa... :heart: