✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Metric

Sweet One

You wanted to know if they were heard in the USA. I saw them on Conan O'Brien several years ago singing a song that went "I fought the war and the war won". I don't know the name of the song, but I liked it. I heard them on KYSR 89.7 FM radio a few times. This is the srtation that Coldplay did their acoustic video for I Hart Radio.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think that she'll put out another one after this new Metric album? She did a solo session with a local radio station back when she released her album, but that was before I really even knew much about Metric. :\ I'd love to ask the Metric forum, but they seem like major douchebags.

Yeah, they are haha. I have a bunch of Metric friends on Facebook, but I found them through that http://frontrow.ilovemetric.com/ page

This one guy named Gerard followed me on twitter for a while and then added me on facebook, but then deleted me and unfollowed me, he's such an ass. I like picking on him on the Stars forum though, he goes on about how great Amy Millan's solo project is and I'll just say, "Skinny Boy and Bury This seem like the only two Amy songs to listen to. The rest is just... mediocre." :sneaky:

I mean, I'll be honest: I think that Stars is the better band and maybe that put him off, but Metric is wonderful too. They're two different kinds of magic... (two different kinds of magic that should tour together!!!)

This one guy named Gerard followed me on twitter for a while and then added me on facebook, but then deleted me and unfollowed me, he's such an ass. I like picking on him on the Stars forum though, he goes on about how great Amy Millan's solo project is and I'll just say, "Skinny Boy and Bury This seem like the only two Amy songs to listen to. The rest is just... mediocre." :sneaky:

I mean, I'll be honest: I think that Stars is the better band and maybe that put him off, but Metric is wonderful too. They're two different kinds of magic... (two different kinds of magic that should tour together!!!)

Oh yeah, I know who you are talking about. Seems to be one of those temperamental "if you disagree with anything I say I'll bitch" type of people.

I agree about Amy's solo project. I have both albums but honestly have never sat down and listened to either straight through. If I didn't find them at a used CD store I would have never bought them.

I prefer Metric to Stars, but both are pretty amazing.

I haven't seen Metric live, I presume they're really good. But I'm going to make the assumption that you haven't seen any of the TFG material live (The Passenger -> The Last Song Ever Written, oh my GOD) or The Comeback performed live. :)

I still can't really compare them, they're so different. Stars is a non-conventional pop band that thrives off of its lyrics while Metric has Emily Haines and that sort of punk twinge to their pop style. I would KILL to see these bands touring together, and it might become a reality given their current schedules; both bands plan to release in 2012.

I saw Stars on the Five Ghosts tour, and yes, they also played The Comeback. And I still think Metric is better live. Stars is good, don't get me wrong, and Set Yourself on Fire is one of my favorite albums ever by anyone. But Metric is very electric live. Stars is nice and cozy, which is still fine.

it is tough to compare them.

last summer I saw Metric for free, lost my mind, and this summer I saw Stars live and absolutely lost my mind.

I heard set yourself on fire when I was 13, and the themes of that album with the music and the way Torq and Amy sing just sucked me in - so I feel there's a much bigger connection with the music and theme of Stars music, but Metric are just great at rocking out, and have an amazing presence on stage.

If I had to choose, it'd depend on my mood, I honestly can't pick between them

Metric were really good live but when I saw them they had HORRIBLE sound problems, dunno why. Emily's voice was so muffled it sounded like she was singing through a towel.

Despite that, I loved seeing them live. Shame they played so few songs.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Any quick suggestions of what to listen to? I dont feel like going through their whole discography yet,

Parkdale, The Twist, Collect Call, The Police and the Private, those are all brilliant songs

But you should give their whole discography a chance :wacky: Metric is one of the few bands where their albums aren't just full of boring filler songs, I think

The first song I listened to was Poster of a Girl, which I liked but I remember not particularly liking the album that came out either in 2007 or 2008. Then again, that's when my Radiohead obsession was in full bloom so I didn't like anything that wasn't Radiohead tbh. Now I've started with Fantasies and I'll see where the path takes me next.