Metric

Sweet One

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I dunno, I'm not feeling this one as much as "Youth Without Youth".

But hey, I got tickets to see them in October, and they'll be at ACL too, so I get to see them twice that month. It's been far too long since the last time (especially since the time I saw them in 2010 was probably the worst show I've ever been to sound-wise and a total letdown compared to when I saw them the year before).

I prefer this one from Youth Without Youth, to be honest. I don't know exactly why, I guess I'll have to wait until I hear the whole album before knowing for sure.

I'm jealous you'll get to see them. They don't play anywhere close to where I live unfortunately.

with these two songs coming after each other on the album, I can't wait to hear the rest of it. I think as an album, it'll flow so well...Metric still does that, has the captivating songs, yet is able to make one record that just has each song coexisting with one another

as a piece, I like it a lot. Speed The Collapse, and Breathing Underwater is signature Metric.

Artificial Nocturne is the typical long intro song that could be cut, but I like it over Help, I'm Alive.

Dreams So Real missed it for me - too repetitive with the "scream becomes a yawn"

The Void and Clone seem completely new and I think I am warming up to them - The Wanderlust has to grow too. Nothing But Time and Synthetica are alright, but not too stellar at this point.

I think this will be huge, personally.

Love the title track. Definitely my favorite upon first listen.

Still enjoy the lead single.

Absolutely hate "The Wanderlust".

"Dreams So Real" might end up being a 'skip' too.

Everything else is gonna have to grow on me.

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing Metric tonight for the first time since 2009. I'm not really physically attracted to Emily Haines anymore but I'll take some photos for everyone, anyway. Excited to hear how the new material sounds live.

Also, I think "Lost Kitten" has become my favorite on the album. Sounds like something from Grow Up and Blow Away.

Lost Kitten is fantastic.

I saw them twice last week, one free show and another for an invite only show at the Opera House in Toronto which was a full set, just wonderful...I took far too many pictures and got 2 good videos, which should hopefully be posted here;

Gimmie Sympathy (Acoustic)

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Gold Gun Girls

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Here is the link to my album on Facebook (let me know if it works)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150966275594445.438903.510664444&type=1&aft=10150966422479445

I got very close, it was just an AMAZING show, can't believe I have slowed down on a Metric binge, but man oh man - I really love this album

^ Awesome footage! :D

Three takeaways from last night's show:

A) Synthetica material is better live. I felt "Nothing But Time" and the title track were the ones that were enhanced the most live.

B) "Dead Disco" is still the high point of their shows.

C) Emily's kind of a bitch in person. She bolted for the cab after and said they had no time to say hi, but Jimmy stuck around for several minutes and met all the fans waiting (there were only like 12 of us), so they clearly had time. But Emily and the other two just sat there in the cab right next to us the whole time.

Here's my Lost Kitten video. Only video I took. I have some great pics but haven't edited them yet.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw7j6EsZnV0&feature=plcp]Metric - Lost Kitten - Live at the El Rey - Los Angeles, CA - 6/20/12 - YouTube[/ame]

When I get on PC, I'll look at as many videos as possible as I won't be seeing them live. Thank you all for sharing. :)

I really love this album despite getting a bit... Lost near the end of it. Y W/ Y and Synthetica are my favourites, I've been singing them to myself all week long and I can't stop.

^ Awesome footage! :D

Three takeaways from last night's show:

A) Synthetica material is better live. I felt "Nothing But Time" and the title track were the ones that were enhanced the most live.

B) "Dead Disco" is still the high point of their shows.

C) Emily's kind of a bitch in person. She bolted for the cab after and said they had no time to say hi, but Jimmy stuck around for several minutes and met all the fans waiting (there were only like 12 of us), so they clearly had time. But Emily and the other two just sat there in the cab right next to us the whole time.

Nothing But Time is such a stand out live, the drums really bring it in towards the end, and I agree, the older material has just that extra punch which makes you appreciate it so much more with the new songs...

and I didn't get to meet anyone after my show since they all partied in the venue after the show, although Joules was having a smoke.

AND

I forgot to share this earlier, I got her sweat towel she tossed into the crowed, definitely fan-boyed it up and definitely proud of it!

Haha, nice. :laugh3: I grabbed her hand at the end of the show last night, so that was fine enough for me.

Just got back from Jimmy Kimmel, making two nights in a row of FREE Metric shows in LA for me. Yeah, shorter set than a regular show, but 6 songs is actually the most I've ever seen a band play at Kimmel. Also, I figured they'd just go the crowd-pleasing route by playing "Help I'm Alive" at the end or something, but they played "Empty" instead as the obligatory older track, which was pretty great.

Kimmel's shows are, of course, mainly tourists who think it'd be cool to catch a free show while in town, so there were only a handful of actual fans in attendance. But we migrated toward each other and made it a fun night anyway.

And time to bore you guys with pics from last night:

P1010050.jpg

P1010052.jpg

P1010057.jpg

P1010058.jpg

P1010072.jpg

Haha, no prob, I took other pics but those were my best.

Funnily enough, I think the only new song that doesn't work very well live is Youth Without Youth. Ya know, being the lead single and all. It just feels really flat in performances.