✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

My cover of Politik is done

grover

Ok - I'm no proffesional, but here's my attempt at Politik :) Took me a few hours of solid graft - especially the String arrangments and other twiddly bits - I think I may have bitten off more than I could chew with that song ! . It wasn't easy ! Hope you enjoy :)

http://rapidshare.de/files-en/551916/Nick_Saunders_-_Politik_-_Coldplay_cover.mp3.html

PS : I'll start on Ladder To The Sun next ;-)

holy crap did you do that entire thing yourself? :o

the mixing and everything?

i did enjoy :D (not as much as the scientist though, i'll forever like that song more in any version ;) :lol: )

but seriously, did you do everything yourself in that song? :stunned:

It sounds as if you are trying to emulate Chris's voice, you should try using more of your own style perhaps? Plus it would be more interesting if you took the song down a different path i.e. tempo, chord structure etc

Just a suggestion, dont take it the wrong way ;)

Glad u didnt take it the wrong way :D

Im also record my own stuff, so when I get round to it I will do an acoustic of a Coldplay song and put it up for all to listen...

Out of interest what software do u use?

I use Cool Edit 2000 with the Studio plug-in. It can get some very impressive results providing you put the time in :)

I havent heard your Scientist cover yet... downloading as we speak.. but I've just heard this one.. pretty good. I like the 'give me love over, love over this' part best.. I can see where you might get that 'wannabe Chris' comment.. its hard to make a song truly your own when you have the original artist in your head.. but its a great attempt! Better than anything I can do that for sure! lol

cheers for sharing! ;)

o m g....ur good :stunned: real good....u should make ur own Cd man..i will love to buy it...r u a musician...is it ur work...or just a hobbie cause from wt i see u only need a maneger and u will sell alot of ur cover songs...honestly u should consider it

i just LOVED it...who knows maybe some day chris martin himself thank u ;)

Thanks Johnny :) PS - I don't know why my username is " Grover" lol - it's a character from Sesame Street :lol: I couldn't think of anything original on the spot - and Sesame Street was on Tv in the background :D so there you go.