✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Earliest Coldplay Moment

Rob W

The first time I saw yellow on mtv. I actually don't know how I remember it so clearly but it came on just after puff daddys (as he was then known :lol: ) I'll be missing you and I thought that Chris looked the double of my brother :idea2: :)

I heard Yellow first as well... they must have played it like 20 million times on the radio here in the winter of 99-early 2000... but I had no idea it was Coldplay until my friend played the cd for me in 2001.. so naturally.. I liked Coldplay and didnt even know it! But, it was 'Trouble' that sold me.. as I mentioned before... I just wanted to share my 'yellow' story.. :cool:

I hated yellow!!! 20 times at the day in the radio.. agh... but one day... after this "coldplay first cd mania" pass away.... I saw the trouble american version video at the tv... and. :idea2:

I discovered I loved the song and the band... :)

Mexico in your headlights: Zu

What is your earliest Coldplay moment, that got you into them? such as a Song on the radio, or seeing them on Jools Holland or somthing. Mine was hearing Trouble on the radio. Sorry if this has been asked before.

oh i remember this so vividly! when coldplay played at glasto 2001 (was it?). i was watching (on tv of course) and i was struck by how much energy and passion they all seemed to have on stage. then of course chris was telling some jokes and it was love at first sight :lol: i heard god put a smile.... for the 1st time and i though wow! what a tune!

ah memories are sweet :cool: :D

I love telling this story, dont know why, its nothing special. Only to me I guess.

Anyway, I am an insomniac and I dont sleep well during the nite and I remember I was up late watching videos on Mtv and Yellow came on, when it was still a Buzz video. I was instantly drawn in. Chris' voice was magical. So the next nite I was up late again and I was waiting for it to come on, I had to find out who this was. As soon as it started to play I hit record and taped it. I watched it over and over that nite. I went the next day and bought parachutes. I listened to Parachutes constantly for a year or so. I think I got burnt out and didnt listen to it, only occasionally for a while and then I was flipping through the channels and the Coldplay $2 bill concert was about to air on Mtv. I couldnt believe it. I jumped up, put a tape in the vcr and recorded it too. I went out and bought AROBTTH the day it was released and I havent stopped listening to them since. I remember when my friends would ask, Who the hell is Coldplay? It took me forever to find friends who knew them and loved them as much as me. If it werent for Coldplay I wouldnt have done so many things and gone so many places. I still have the tape of the Yellow video, that I recorded long ago and I still watch it. ;)