✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

FIX YOU on next week THE OC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cris_Santos

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys...who gives a shit about what show it will goin to be on...I AM GOIN TO HEAR FIX YOU!! even tho for a few mins...very excited, heard alot of good things about it, cant w8 till someone posts it, already gave Drew blings in advanced :P :lol:

guys...who gives a shit about what show it will goin to be on...I AM GOIN TO HEAR FIX YOU!! even tho for a few mins...very excited' date=' heard alot of good things about it, cant w8 till someone posts it, already gave Drew blings in advanced :P :lol:[/quote']

I should do the same :D

Okay, I hate to be another downer.... but seriously... seeing my all time favorite band on the OC in fucking heartbreaking. The reason I love Coldplay is because they are unique. Their music means something. It is sincere. To appear on the OC brings them closer to the pop culture mess that I once thought they could fix. Maybe its different for Americans, because most people who are complaining are from America. Pop culture here is probably worse than anywhere else and thats why Coldplay fans from America cringe when they hear that the band will have music on this show. Saying that all bands sell their music is not a good defense, because, as I think we can all agree to, coldplay is not just another band. They should have more integrity.

Okay, I hate to be another downer.... but seriously... seeing my all time favorite band on the OC in fucking heartbreaking. The reason I love Coldplay is because they are unique. Their music means something. It is sincere. To appear on the OC brings them closer to the pop culture mess that I once thought they could fix. Maybe its different for Americans, because most people who are complaining are from America. Pop culture here is probably worse than anywhere else and thats why Coldplay fans from America cringe when they hear that the band will have music on this show. Saying that all bands sell their music is not a good defense, because, as I think we can all agree to, coldplay is not just another band. They should have more integrity.

m8 no stupid show will destroy coldplays briliants music or its uniqueness

on the contrairy my friend...they will increase the quality of The OC

m8 no stupid show will destroy coldplays briliants music or its uniqueness

on the contrairy my friend...they will increase the quality of The OC

Agreed, you just can't take off the sheen or the sheer quality of their music :angry:

the oc and coldplay are a beautiful mix. i don't like how everytime a band is sampled or plays live on the oc their fans FREAK OUT. like the masses are going to flawk to this band and ruin everything good about it after hearing 20 seconds of it during a party scene.

there is no harm in showcasing good music.

i will say this though that the oc DID ruin 'california' by phantom planet. i can't take that song seriously anymore. i forgot how i use to feel when i listened to it before the oc was ever created.

but that was bound to happen when it's the opening title. other then that though, i don't think any band or artist is any less respectable because the show sampled their song or invited them to mock perform live.

True, if the song on the show is only a few seconds long, you won't remember it next time you listen to the song for yourself. At least I wouldn't. Don't get hung up on stuff like this. Bands do this for the extra exposure and the money...that's why they are bands anyway.

I expected people to bash my earlier post... maybe I shouldnt care about Coldplay on the OC. I just remember the band saying back in the Parachutes-era that putting a song in a movie or TV show would be cheating the fans who bought the record.... I guess they don't necessarily believe that anymore... I must admit, however, that it was a thing of beauty when the movie Garden State opened with Don't Panic... I am all for a band contributing a song to a movie that means something like garden state did

I know bands do sell out at some point....but at least for me' date=' (im so naive) I always thought "Coldplay would never do that".....ughhh I'm so gonna get some bashing from my non-Coldplay friends. :cry:[/quote']

maybe it's not about the money

maybe they wanna give us fans a preview of what Fix You sounds like :)

I know bands do sell out at some point....but at least for me' date=' (im so naive) I always thought "Coldplay would never do that".....ughhh I'm so gonna get some bashing from my non-Coldplay friends. :cry:[/quote']

maybe...... (I feel better :) at least I hope that's their intention. I just don't want them to go overboard with this.

maybe...... (I feel better :) at least I hope that's their intention. I just don't want them to go overboard with this.

Coldplay isn't into money like that

They care about the world more than the money they make :cool:

I think this has nothing to do with Coldplay themselves and more to do with the label. (The label was the one who gave SoS to Cingular nice and early, after all.) For the label, it is all about the money. I'd bet my right arm that the guys don't even have a clue what The OC even is.

It's about the money.

that would really suck if that's the case. But why? they don't have to turn commerical for more money, they would only be ruining themselves. Ah well, mabey then it's all finally taken over them.

you're not a real Coldplay fan if you think that way

hello "Made Trade Fair" is about the world :D

Coldplay isn't into money like that

They care about the world more than the money they make :cool:

Let us hope they stay that way! :)