✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Arcade Fire

*Justine*

They're coming to australia soon! just letting ya's know :blush: Mmm i like wake up.

Just thought id push this lil thread to the from of the line for a while hehe, more ppl should know of them :rolleyes:

:stunned: :stunned: :stunned:

WHEN?!?! OMG!

i was just thinking whennnn are they going to come to aus! ahhh!

• 2 months later...

well..i got to heard about arcade fire through chris :lol: and then found some mp3 live taped on multimedia section and didn't like it, then i decided to give it another try and got their album and fell in love, totally. they're amazing really. such a powerful sound. my fav is in the back seat :smug:

..i don't have to drive...

^ I also heard of them through Chris! :) Then i saw them live on Jools Holland and i was completely blown away.

Their music is so powerful, its fantastic. Neighbourhood#3 (Power Out) is one of the best songs i've ever heard, and is probably gonna be one of my fave songs of all time. I also love #1 (Tunnels) and Rebellion (Lies) is incredible.

Very, VERY talented musicians.

• 3 weeks later...
The lead singer is American (as is his brother who is also in the band' date=' the one that looks like Napoleon), the rest of the band is from Montreal.[/quote']

Actually the Napoleon look-alike is not Win's brother (the lead singer). Win's brother is Will who kind of plays miscellaneous insrutments. Win and Will grew up in Texas, Richard (aka Napoleon) is from Canada. How do I know this? I asked Will myself in January ;-)\

Awesome fantastic amazing band, and I'm going to see them again in September!

Yeah..I was looking up some info on Win Butler (lead vocaslist)

And it turns out he was born and lived in The Woodlands, Texas...

THAT city is my current location!!! :wacko: I thought that was just about the weirdest thing! Considering I can't get enough of them. I bet if they came to tour here in Texas some time, they would rock it out here in Win's hometown....

So yeah, Win and Will are both from Texas (like it says above) and the rest are from Montreal...i think

. Cool :cool:

And Régine is from Haiti origionally, but she and her family had to move to New york, then Chicago...and last Montreal because of a dictatorship going on in Haiti (which is prolly why they have the song called 'Haiti' )

All of the memebers have a pretty interesting story...

for more http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/The-Arcade-Fire-Biography/75455848BB82912248256F390007621C

*Arcade Fire* Second Album!!

I heard news on the radio that they're currently recording their second album in Montreal in a converted church that they bought. I didn't know how much to believe (I usually think the DJ on the channel I was listening to is a bit of a dumbass), but then I found this news on NME:

The Arcade Fire go to church

Band start recording in unlikely venue

The Arcade Fire have spoken about their plans to record their second album in a converted church in Canada.

Instead of going into a 'traditional' studio, the group have splashed out their own money and bought a church near to their home city of Montreal.

Recording was due to start this month, with the band hoping to release the record in 2006.

Guitarist Tim Kingsbury told NME.COM: "We're going to start recording. We just bought an old church just south of Montreal and we're turning it into a recording studio. Win (Butler) and Regine (Chassagne) they both sort of had a fantasy of buying a church.

"In Quebec there's a lot of old churches and over the last 30 years, church attendance has gone down significantly. Especially Catholic churches. We're so they found it on the internet and we all went and looked at it and it's amazing. It's just a little country church. Maybe at most 150 people [could fit in there]."

The band say that the church dates back to around 1900, and has an interesting history.

"It's an old Presbyterian church from maybe around 1900 or so and then it was a Masonic lodge for some time so there's a mason's logo in stained glass in the window," he laughed. "We're pretty sure Mary Magdalane is buried under the cellar!"

The band say they still have "a lot of work" to do on the songs for the follow-up to 'Funeral', which means it might not be out until next autumn.

Kingsbury added: "We have a few (songs) that we've sort of started working on. We have a lot of work to do. I think a lot of this record, we'll just start working on something and take it from there. I think our goal is to have a record out in about a year."

Oh, this should be good! I'm so excited!! 'Funeral' has been out for so long, we definately need some new material! :thumbsup:

So, post any news or thoughts here, I suppose.

Re: *Arcade Fire* Second Album!!

the group have splashed out their own money and bought a church near to their home city of Montreal.

hahaha, great! I'm gonna put this on my 'Things-to-do'-list ;)

I enjoyed the funeral, looking forward :-)