✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Arcade Fire

*Justine*

I can't believe they came to Halifax last November and I never heard a thing about it! *sigh* Here's hoping they come back again someday' date=' but it's not so likely now that they're taking over the world.[/quote']

You never told me they were here just last winter!

Oy, that would have been fantastic.

I think we have a date next time they're in town :wink3:

I didn't know that they'd been here until just a couple of days ago.

Rebelion was playing on the radio at work and one of the girls I work with started talking about how upset she was that she didn't hear about them until after they'd been here. I looked it up, and sure enough, they'd been here at the Marquee in November. It makes sense... they are Canadian- I just hope they remember that on their next tour.

ooooh. The Arcade Fire is AMAZING! I got into a few months ago, actually at a U2 concert. Dunno if anyone here has been to one, but they play Wake Up through the PA before the band comes on. Thought the song was great and went and got "Funeral". I think my current fave on there is Rebellion (Lies).

I actually have a video on here somewhere of them playing Wake Up in a club... But I've got to go to the mall with my grandma (eh). I'll link when I get back, if anyone's interested.

Here's that video I talked about earlier:

http://www.bradcast.com/files/TheArcadeFire-WakeUp.mov

(Hope the link works, I'm new at this.) I believe whoever made it just dubbed over the live singing with the recorded song. It's cool though, anyways.

has anyone bought their EP from 2003 yet? it's 7 songs they haven't put out yet' date=' but i heard it's a release for just "fans."[/quote']

I heard about this, any idea where you can get it?

sammie! you havent been here in AGES :stunned:

Yeh I know, just been doing other things, working and moving and just had a holiday too. Plus I don't really know many people around here now so when I am here I hardly ever post. :P

The lead singer is American (as is his brother who is also in the band' date=' the one that looks like Napoleon), the rest of the band is from Montreal.[/quote']

Actually the Napoleon look-alike is not Win's brother (the lead singer). Win's brother is Will who kind of plays miscellaneous insrutments. Win and Will grew up in Texas, Richard (aka Napoleon) is from Canada. How do I know this? I asked Will myself in January ;-)\

Awesome fantastic amazing band, and I'm going to see them again in September!

I know there's another thread for the Arcade Fire already, so I probably shouldn't go bumping this one in the night, but I just wanted to say that a lot of the time, Pitchfork's reviews are amusing because they're bullshit. :P

Most of the time though, they're just very long-winded and tedious, with a vastly overestimated sense of their own importance. (What's the difference between an album rated 9.7 and one rated 9.6 anyway?)

0.1 duh.

insightful, just like Pitchfork.

I don't really care what Pitchfork has to say about albums, but I still read their reviews and find them amusing. I do find a lot of bands from their reviews however, that I wouldn't normally come across.

• 2 weeks later...
The lead singer is American (as is his brother who is also in the band' date=' the one that looks like Napoleon), the rest of the band is from Montreal.[/quote']

Actually the Napoleon look-alike is not Win's brother (the lead singer). Win's brother is Will who kind of plays miscellaneous insrutments. Win and Will grew up in Texas, Richard (aka Napoleon) is from Canada. How do I know this? I asked Will myself in January ;-)\

Awesome fantastic amazing band, and I'm going to see them again in September!

Odd.

• 2 weeks later...

i heard a song on the radio the other day by the band arcade fire, it was really good. i don't know what song it was tho. i suppose it must have been the latest single 'rebellion (lies)' out on 5th september. i'm just trying to find a sond clip of it to check

• 2 weeks later...

hey is anyone going to their show in Edmonton, AB Oct.4?

its all sold out, obviously, and I desperately wanna go see these guys cause i hear they're killer live, and I cant get tickets and was wondeing if someone would sell me a ticket?

anyone? tickets? a little love here? no? maybe?

• 5 weeks later...