🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

USA v England

berrywoman

bit of a non-event really.

most of regulars from both sides missing.

not really been mentioned in the media here

yeah, a lot notables from both sides were missing, although the us still had donovan and mcbride.

i thought the us outplayed the brits even though england has a better team. in the second half, they were winning all the 50/50 balls and had a lot of opportunities to score. ppl forget that the us is ranked highly now.

you were right about the low media coverage too. i didn't hear about this game until i turned it on during the second half.

Yeah, the US team is a lot better at football/soccer than people give them credit for. I think we don't get recognition for it because we call the sport by a different name than everybody else in the world, as if that somehow changes the content or damages its integrity. :rolleyes: Also people love the idea of the United States being bad at something, anything. :P

*braces for anti-American backlash*

So I stumbled upon this game.. and its almost at the end of the first half. England is leading 1-0 goal by Smith... :cool:

I am torn however... why do I feel compelled to cheer for England...

¨

Wasn't it Richardson?

At least I read this... the match wasn't shown on Swiss TV.

Also people love the idea of the United States being bad at something' date=' [i']anything.[/i] :P

Are many Americans actually interested in football?

I just think that football isn't an American sport. That doesn't mean, that your national team is that bad actually.

But what you said might be a part of it too, I suppose. :/

Also people love the idea of the United States being bad at something' date=' [i']anything.[/i] :P

Are many Americans actually interested in football?

I just think that football isn't an American sport. That doesn't mean, that your national team is that bad actually.

But what you said might be a part of it too, I suppose. :/

A lot of American youth are interested in football, or soccer as we call it becuase 'American football' is a game played with your hands?

Anyhow, we've had our own league now for some years, MLS, and it's growing, so football's popularity stateside is on the rise. That doesn't make it an 'American' sport, though. Football is still fourth to baseball, American football, and basketball.

Also, I think it's sad that our national team can beat teams in Central America that consider the sport to be a religion, when it doesn't get enough coverage here. So I can understand when the world wants us to lose at football.

So I stumbled upon this game.. and its almost at the end of the first half. England is leading 1-0 goal by Smith... :cool:

I am torn however... why do I feel compelled to cheer for England...

¨

Wasn't it Richardson?

At least I read this... the match wasn't shown on Swiss TV.

you are correct.. I actually didnt see the goal.. i caught the commentator's comment.. and he mentioned something about Smith, but it was Richardson.. :embarrased: I suck.

*runs away*