✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Embrace!!!!!

Mimixxx

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have cds of both. Still listen to the Coldplay version now and again, really love it. I think I lost my Embrace cd behind my bookshelf and never cared enough to fish it out again. Sorry to any fans, but I don't really like Embrace. I did for a little bit, but it didn't last long.

And they play it too fast for the song.

• 3 weeks later...

Table Talk: Danny McNamara

Adam Moss

17/ 4/2008

HE MAY be a Yorkshireman but Danny McNamara, singer with chart-topping rock band Embrace, has done more than anyone to champion the cause of Manchester's music scene in the last year.

"I love Manchester and the music scene here is like nowhere else in the country," he says as we sit in the lofty environs of The Modern restaurant, at the top of the huge designer greenhouse that is Urbis, for a bit of posh nosh.

Danny opts for sorrel, watercress and spinach soup to start while I plumped for a plate of juicy hand-dived scallops. The food looks amazing and, indeed, delivers on the taste front also.

Danny is full of surprises too. We all know he's been bringing new Manchester rock and pop bands to the attention of the London-centric music business by putting them on at his Aftershow events at Moho Live in the Northern Quarter.

But he's writing songs again, for the first time in two years. And he's also writing a novel, which he hopes to have published once it's finished.

Danny McNamara is a man revitalised. And spending so much time in the creative hub that is Manchester has much to do with the rebirth of his own creativity.

"In the last few weeks me and the band have been slowly starting to write new songs again. We've had a two-year break, which we needed, but we feel ready to start again now.

"We are putting together material for a new album and it will be the best one we have ever done - it has to be otherwise we won't release it," Danny tells me as he starts to tuck into a main course of deliciously rare lamb rib.

"I've been influenced by much of the music I've been hearing from bands coming through The Aftershow," he tells me. "Some of the bands we have had on have been amazing so it's hard not to be inspired by what they do."

So successful has The Aftershow been that Danny is on the verge of doubling the dosage of the hugely-popular unsigned bands night from monthly to bi-monthly.

I don't know how he finds the time to write his own material, too, but he does.

"I've written a new song in the last two weeks called Della - its about a girl. I really like it. It's very different to the Embrace stuff we've done in the past," he says.

But it's his new novel which really gets the singer excited.

"I've been writing about 6,000 words a day and I'm about 250,000 words into the book so far.

"It's about a man who believes everything he reads, sees and hears. He has been had over by everybody but every day he gets up and feels a new sense of hope. It's not based on me or anyone else I know. It's just something I've had inside my head for a while now," he explains.

"It feels more natural writing books than being in a band, to be honest. I hope when its finished I can get it published. I'd love to be a writer alongside my music career."

Lofty ambitions revealed in Manchester's loftiest restaurant. Let's hope the new Embrace album reaches such dizzy heights.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/entertainment/food_and_drink/s/1045699_table_talk_danny_mcnamara

• 4 months later...

Danny's still doing his Aftershow night in Manchester, Mickey's playing keyboards for Talk To Angels, Mike's playing drums for Hope And Social, Rik's producing various bands and helping Danny at the Aftershow, and Steve is.... hmm, no idea where Steve is.

I wouldn't expect another album until 2010.

• 5 months later...
Guest howyousawtheworld

Embrace's New Album

Does anyone know any info on Embrace's new album, or whether they are releasing a next album. I've heard nothing since they released This New Day, 3 years ago now! (I think that album is brilliant. Buy it if you get the chance.) Any info on them?

Guest howyousawtheworld

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bec1g7lyGC8]YouTube - Embrace - Love Order - Delamere Forest[/ame]

edit: Completely forgot about this mega song!

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...