✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

BEST COLDPLAY ALBUM

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't belive how much all of you love Parachutes the best. I'm not disregarding Parachutes or ROBTTH, but X&Y I think is their best, the strongest one. The first Coldplay album I ever bought was A Rush of Blood after hearing "Clocks" once or twice. It wasn't until about 4 months later I got Parachutes, so maybe that's why I'm less partial to that one.

I've noticed most people on this board are lovin' Parachutes. I think it's incredible myself, it just surprises me for some reason. "Yellow" is my all-time favorite song though... :cool:

I guess it's just because Parachutes is a very moving and emotional album. Although its very subtle and soft, the emotion on display is accessible. To put it another way, if Coldplay started off with X&Y (instead of Parachutes), I guess a lot of us here might not have noticed them or would have just dismissed their music.

This will seem excessively corny but I just gotta say I like reading the threads on this message board. Everybody gets along with each other, makes each other laugh, it's really nice here. I was shocked seeing that X&Y is most everybody's least favorite, and it's so cool hearing why everyone has their favorite album for their own reasons.

Ok, that had nothing to do with anything related to this thread and I apologize. :lol:

You guys really like Rush of Blood better than Parachutes? I am surprised.

me too! :stunned: (...)

me too !! how can you prefer the second lp than the first one :o parachutes is really amazing with good tunes on it !

actually, it's ma favorite : all songs are wonderfull ! i can't even skip one of them ! which is very rare for an album nowadays :/ even if there are some good tunes on a rush of blood to the head (scientist, warning, a rush of blood), some are... inexistants... without any imagination or interest ! :confused:

anyway, everyone can choose its favorite :P :D

can we pick on our best cd released by ourselves like a compilation of their first songs and b-sides :P this would be my fav' :D :lol:

A Rush Of Blood by far. It`s almost perfect and I didn't expect X&Y to top it so I`m not disappointed. X&Y is growing by listening to it again and again whereas A Rush Of Blood thrilled me immediately at first listening and I still like it! Parachutes... well, maybe I`ve listened to it too many times... ;)

can't believe X&Y is last in the poll!

every track on X&Y is great while a Rush Of Blood has A Whisper .. and Parachutes was Coldplay developing their own style and music

I disagree. The style in Parachutes was already very well developed. If there's one thing critics can't accuse Coldplay of doing, it's saying that they've not developed whatever style of music they have on display in their albums, though it could be argued that AROBTTH was halfway toward X&Y. I can't see the songs in Parachutes being improved by much without losing some of its original feel / character. I guess by saying that, I'm kind of admitting that for the band, there wouldn't be much point for them musically to produce another "parachutes"...

can't believe X&Y is last in the poll!

every track on X&Y is great while a Rush Of Blood has A Whisper .. and Parachutes was Coldplay developing their own style and music

I disagree. The style in Parachutes was already very well developed. If there's one thing critics can't accuse Coldplay of doing, it's saying that they've not developed whatever style of music they have on display in their albums, though it could be argued that AROBTTH was halfway toward X&Y. I can't see the songs in Parachutes being improved by much without losing some of its original feel / character. I guess by saying that, I'm kind of admitting that for the band, there wouldn't be much point for them musically to produce another "parachutes"...

yeh Coldplay have definitly established their own style of music, i just feel that Parachutes was Coldplay at basics and they have built upon that with Rush Of Blood and X&Y ..... Parachutes is a great album though, all three are. :)

I don't really think that X&Y is too commercial. I can't really detect any commercial motivation in it. Nothing like the pathetic Weezer sellout. Anyway, Coldplay has been doing a lot of promotional stuff on MTV but I'm all for it. Everyone should get their heads out of the crap on that station and into Parachutes, AROBTTH, and X&Y!