✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

BEST COLDPLAY ALBUM

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that each album is very good... I don´t believe that they are possible to be compared, each one has its style... :smug: ... The Hardest Part is a song that I like so much.... But I´ll love Clocks and Spies forever :cool:

I voted for arobtth cause of it's whole style at it's time. Don't missunderstand me. I mean X&Y has pure amazing tracks and it grows on me more and more without getting enough of it. But in a few month or so I probably 'regret' my vote. At the time I get arobtth I always heard only 3 or 4 tracks of it but after a while the hole album catched me. X&Y is catching me faster than arobtth. But at this moment: arobtth. ;)

I wasn't sure - i was torn between X&Y and AROBTTH. ARO.. is great, i love it. I can't really choose though. i mean both albums, along with parachutes just grab your heart. I pick X&Y on impulse. I think i'll have to wait a bit for it to really show itself. but i'm really enjoying X&Y at the moment, in a very big way.

my favourites on each album are - Trouble, The Scientist and....Fix You/X&Y. The strings at the start of X&Y are just perfect.

Rush of Blood is a better record that X&Y. When I introduce my kids to Coldplay, I'll play them Parachutes first, and then AROBTTH to let them see how much of an improvement it was from Parachutes. I intend to keep them away from X&Y for a while though if possible - much too commercial-sounding.

I think that X&Y is better than the rest. Parachutes is too sad. A rush of blood to the head I think is a few worse than X&Y. Howewer, all of them are the best albums that I have ever been listening.

PD: I don't know what is Arobtth. :huh:

Arobtth = A rush of blood to the head

the best album :) As gorgeous as X&Y is as an album, Arobtth is still too classic to be overtrumped by it. Parachutes is the holy grail, but I have always had the opinion Arobtth has a bit more shine.

Hi all...I'm new to this board but not new to Coldplay. I think all three albums are marvelous, and each one evokes a different mood for me.

'Parachutes' was all about despondency, with very little hope shining through.

'A Rush Of Blood To The Head' seems to point more towards constructive work and problem-solving, with hope more visible.

'X&Y' is the fruition of the despondency and problem solving turning to hope and finally arriving.

These are just my insignificant opinions, mind you.

That being said, I'll honestly have to go with AROBTTH as my favorite. It blew me away. Absolutely away...

Peace!

Hi all...I'm new to this board but not new to Coldplay. I think all three albums are marvelous, and each one evokes a different mood for me.

'Parachutes' was all about despondency, with very little hope shining through.

'A Rush Of Blood To The Head' seems to point more towards constructive work and problem-solving, with hope more visible.

'X&Y' is the fruition of the despondency and problem solving turning to hope and finally arriving.

These are just my insignificant opinions, mind you.

That being said, I'll honestly have to go with AROBTTH as my favorite. It blew me away. Absolutely away...

Peace!

:stunned:

that was.......brilliant... empirically adequate, while being existentially viable at the same time.

AROBTTH.

I absolutely love Parachutes and X&Y though...it's just AROBTTH grabbed me from my very first listen 3 years ago and I still love it to death. I think it also has to do with alot of emotional times that kind of attached themselves to alot of those songs... that didn't really happen with Parachutes because I was in 6th grade :lol:

AROBTTH almost feels like my security blanket or something...

But I'm sure that in time..X&Y will prove itself :)