✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

BEST COLDPLAY ALBUM

PARACHUTES. I can listen to every single song on that record and be moved. Even the small ones. It was a 10000000000/10 record for me. Things kinda went downhill from there. sigh....

Maybe I'm just sadistic but this record was just fabulous. It was fresh, the lyrics and the chords. ARBOTH kind of went more commercial and not that fresh. And then X & Y with all the borrowing made for a much less fresh album. Nothing of the last 2 albums seemed to blow me away as much as the emotion of the first. The first is the best.

Ranking:

1) Parachutes

2) TIE: ARBOTH, X & Y

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hummm... all 3? each in it's specific way.

parachutes- didn't like it at first listening, except yelow and shiver and trouble, but the whole concept grew on me later.

arobtth - first one i bought, actually. in love with it since the beginning, with few exceptions

x&y - not sure yet. i know which my best song is, but i am still looking for the one i hate on the album. (it's weird, i know, but an album cannot be great if there's no dark spot on it ;) )

'Parachutes' was all about despondency, with very little hope shining through.

i disagree with that. there isn't much more hope than with a closing track called 'Everything's Not Lost' is there?

and Don't Panic's ending says 'everybody here's got somebody to lean on'

all albums mix the good with the bad

thats just what i think

even if nowadays i listen to x&y every time i switch on my cdplayer or my ipod :D my favorite is still parachutes ;) i discover the band at the time of pre-parachute promo when they play songs of the blue room ep and their (at that time) forthcoming first lp !

i really like that album and as i said before i don't really like a rush of blood. therefore, i must admit that the songs scientist, warning sign, green eyes and a whisper are real good ones ;)

parachutes. real genuine. full of simplicity. yeah maeb tat was their debut album.

they matured thru arobtth. it gave them signs that they are goin to carry on in the same journey and hence, x&y was born.

but im not biased though. all of their albums still get me goin. :)

I voted for arobtth cause of it's whole style at it's time. Don't missunderstand me. I mean X&Y has pure amazing tracks and it grows on me more and more without getting enough of it. But in a few month or so I probably 'regret' my vote. At the time I get arobtth I always heard only 3 or 4 tracks of it but after a while the hole album catched me. X&Y is catching me faster than arobtth. But at this moment: arobtth. ;)

me too

AROBTTH is one of if not my favorite album of all time.

Each song has an identity on it. Each song brings up a different emotion in me. It's just too amazing to say any other album is better. A perfect fusion of the perfect lyrics, perfect music, and perfect execution.

X and Y is amazing. But I'de say 1 notch below AROBTTH.

Parachutes is great but like someone else said its so short it leaves me wanting more. :lol:

Gah, so difficult, but I put on Parachutes today after not listening to it for a long long time and I have to choose it. The album is GORGEOUS from start to finish. I wish "Careful Where You Stand" made it on the album; I think that would have made it the PERFECT album because the song definitely could fit in it. That being said, I still feel that AROBTTH is classic (How can you beat Warning Sign and Amsterdam?) but I don't think that it flowed as well as parachutes did, even though I still virtually love all the songs on it. I really like X&Y too, but there is just something about parachutes.....

PARACHUTES. I can listen to every single song on that record and be moved. Even the small ones. It was a 10000000000/10 record for me. Things kinda went downhill from there. sigh....

Maybe I'm just sadistic but this record was just fabulous. It was fresh, the lyrics and the chords. ARBOTH kind of went more commercial and not that fresh. And then X & Y with all the borrowing made for a much less fresh album. Nothing of the last 2 albums seemed to blow me away as much as the emotion of the first. The first is the best.

Ranking:

1) Parachutes

2) TIE: ARBOTH, X & Y

Same here... There's something about Parachutes. I fell in love with it straightaway... Even from the first song "Don't Panic". Maybe that song has made all the difference. It just transports you to this magical place, and from then on for the rest of the album it stays there and never looks back... Listening to Parachutes lying in bed on a lazy morning / late at night = pure bliss. That album had melancholy & pathos unlike any other.

The other two are technically & production-wise an improvement from Parachutes... but somehow... I guess Parachutes is just one-of-a-kind. Those guys really were at a special place back then. I don't think there'll be another one like it :cry:

They may yet learn how to harness those emotions & pathos and combine them with their bigger sounds for future albums

I can't belive how much all of you love Parachutes the best. I'm not disregarding Parachutes or ROBTTH, but X&Y I think is their best, the strongest one. The first Coldplay album I ever bought was A Rush of Blood after hearing "Clocks" once or twice. It wasn't until about 4 months later I got Parachutes, so maybe that's why I'm less partial to that one.

I've noticed most people on this board are lovin' Parachutes. I think it's incredible myself, it just surprises me for some reason. "Yellow" is my all-time favorite song though... :cool: