✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Best Coldplay Lyrics Ever

KingdomCome

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love these lyrics at present:

'high up above or down below, when you're too in love to let it go, but if you never try you'll never know just what you're worth'

and

'and i'm not gonna stand and wait, not gonna leave it until it's much too late, on a platform i'm gonna stand and say that i'm nothing on my own'

i can identify with them at the mo, i know it sounds cheesy but i dont care :rolleyes:

"When your too inlove to let it go" because it opened me up to think. And it describes what happening in my love sulking relationship thats not even there...im too inlove to let it go. Thats mainly why i listen to 'fix you' because it lets me know. I know...i sound gay here but hey...im a girl with a broken heart. :stunned: :embarrased:

For some reason I don't know I can;t get this part out of my head:

Are you lost or incomplete?

Do you feel like a puzzle, you can't find your missing piece?

and also : You just want somebody listening to what you say.

It doesn't matter who you are .

That is so true. Sometimes we don't take the time to listen to people, not realizing maybe they really need to be hear at that moment.

like most things i love from Coldplay they change all the time (love the lyrics that badlydrawngirl mentioned above as well but at the moment its ...

is there anybody out there who

is lost and hurt and lonely too

are they bleeding all your colours into one?

and if you come undone

as if you've been run through

some catapult it fired you

you wonder if your chance'll ever come

or if your stuck in square one

(from Square One, i think its the way he sings it as well :D)

i also love the lyrics from X&Y at the moment .. see i can't just choose one! ...

i know something is broken

and i'm trying to fix it

trying to repair it anyway i can

i think in nearly every Coldplay song theres a set of good lyrics :)

Come on, oh my star is fading

And I swerve out of control...

That's just one example among hundreds.

Actually, I couldn't come up with any example of "not-matching-any-situation-we've-all-been-through" lyrics on any coldplay song. What I love most about Chris' stuff is that you don't have to get the meaning of every line...this confusion is so taken out of life that you just feel more connected with what he's saying.

Here's a couple of my favorites:

Don't Panic:

Oh, all that i know

there's nothing here to run from

Cuz yet everybody here's got somebody to lean on

A Warning Sign:

You came back to haunt me and I realised

That you were an island and I passed you by

And you were an island to discover

Til Kingdom Come

For you, I'd wait 'til kingdom come.

Until my day, my day is done.

And say you'll come, and set me free,

Just say you'll wait, you'll wait for me.

And the list goes on and on..... :D

"Lights will guiiiiide you home, and igniiiiite your bones, and I wil try to fix you"

"But questions of science, sience and progress, do not speak as loud as my heart"

"In a bulletproof vest, with the windows all closed, I'll be doing my best, I'll see you soon"

Interesting how the three songs I'll most readily cite as having Chris' best lyrics are all album closers: "Everything's Not Lost", "Amsterdam", and "Til Kingdom Come"(I consider it X&Y's true closer, even if "Twisted Logic" was the intended finale).

"When I counted up my demons.

I found there was one for every day,

With the good ones on my shoulder,

I drove the other ones away"

It's more desciptive than he usually makes his lyrics, which is why I like it. Deep, hopeful, not indulging in self-pity, but makign an effort to see thigns through with a smile on his face.

"Come on, oh my star is fading

And I see no chance of release

I know I'm dead on the surface

But I'm screaming underneath"

Kind of the flip side of the aforementioned verse, but knowing the rest of the song isn't so hapless helps the line along. Honest and aching.

And... I can't actually cite a specific example from "Til Kingdom Come", because it's all so good. It's actually a more spiritual-sounding song than coldplay's usual boy-girl dynamics; I can detect some Biblical inferrences that may or may not have been deliberate.(Though not a fan, this could be because it was intended for Johnny Cash. I'm just supposing...)