✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kanye West!

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well my buddy yeezy is back on stage tonight for his first proper show since coachella. in the month that has past since he really hasn't done much. the SXSW show promised by vevo is still no where to be seen, watch the throne is the same. but he has been prancing around Cannes with his new gf, new car and new material that he decided to play at full volume at a posh parisian restaurant.

he performs in Morocco tonight. before taking another month off. as you do. but he has 9 festivals lined up in the 2 months following.

his mawazine performance was broadcast on moroccan tv. i caught the last few minutes on a stream but really bummed about not finding the stream earlier :(

EDIT: here is 10mins of the show. Universal Music is taking the footage down as quick as it goes up. dirty bastards.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTddJ0fwNI8&feature=BFa&list=UL1Vt86fPoobM&index=2]YouTube - ‪Kanye West - Festival Mawazine 2011 - Part 2‬‏[/ame]

WOW!! ANOTHER PERSON ON THIS THREAD!! can i touch you to make sure you're real? (not inappropriately of course....)

*deep breath*

ok well first of all welcome. hello. contrary to popular belief white people are more than welcome here.

so which albums? well since you are seeing him on his Dark Fantasy tour you would be best off listening to that album the most. but if that didn't appeal to you then you can try my personal favourite, Late Registration. it is a far more toned down affair with a heavy focus on string arrangements and i really love that. after that try Graduation which is his most accessible record but also has some of his weakest material. if you love both of those then you will almost certainly like his highly accalimed debut College Dropout which is very raw and has none of the mega production qualities of his more recent albums. he still does 3 to 4 songs from this album so its well worth a listen. finally, 808s. is a tough one. it is beautifully crafted and on a good pair of speakers or headphones can be very much appreciated. but i'm not sure if he'll continue to perform songs from it through the rest of the tour.

thanks for coming :)

please don't leave

please

WOW!! ANOTHER PERSON ON THIS THREAD!! can i touch you to make sure you're real? (not inappropriately of course....)

*deep breath*

ok well first of all welcome. hello. contrary to popular belief white people are more than welcome here.

so which albums? well since you are seeing him on his Dark Fantasy tour you would be best off listening to that album the most. but if that didn't appeal to you then you can try my personal favourite, Late Registration. it is a far more toned down affair with a heavy focus on string arrangements and i really love that. after that try Graduation which is his most accessible record but also has some of his weakest material. if you love both of those then you will almost certainly like his highly accalimed debut College Dropout which is very raw and has none of the mega production qualities of his more recent albums. he still does 3 to 4 songs from this album so its well worth a listen. finally, 808s. is a tough one. it is beautifully crafted and on a good pair of speakers or headphones can be very much appreciated. but i'm not sure if he'll continue to perform songs from it through the rest of the tour.

thanks for coming :)

please don't leave

please

HAHAHAHA, BEST POST EVER. I think I'm going to have to quote some of that to put in my sig :P with your permission, of course. And you should be able to find out if I'm really real or not in July if you want to! :D

I do feel so very welcome though!

I do like My Dark.... very much, it took me a little while to realise its brilliance but I love it now. I just needed a direction on where to go and now I have one! I'll probably start with Late Registration. I guess I trust your judgement.

hahaha thanks. those are the words of a man stuck in a room with not much more than a laptop and shoulder high pile of textbooks, for 14hrs a day. so use them as you wish.

what i should add is that if you love Dark Fantasy. you could probably start anywhere cos it has a bit of everything and some more.

i find myself listening to kanye now after giving those recs. it is incredible to think that even with all his celebrity-dom he has still attracted so much critical acclaim over 5 albums. love him or hate him. the numbers speak for themselves. millions sold worldwide, massive chart hits and critical acclaim. it surprises me that no other act manages to do that.

while i'm on a fanboy roll. i might as well post my favourite video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnCNWl1DFoA]YouTube - ‪Jay-Z brings out Kanye West for Run This Town, Isle of Wight Festival '10‬‏[/ame]

why? this was basically kanyes first public appearance in almost 8 months and the first since the taylor swift incident. he has spent most of that time creating Dark Fantasy in a studio in hawaii. just listen to the crowd at 3:17. and you can really see the chemistry between him and jay. its almost father/son like or even older and younger brother.

(and does anybody say "whats up" as awesomely as jay?)

Haha, I feel your pain there! I've been listening to Chemical Brothers all day to try and keep myself a little bit sane. It hasn't really been working though..

Listening to Late Registration, rather enjoying it!

The thing I like about Kanye is that I guess he's the first rapper I've ever really taken the time to listen. A couple of years ago I would have been like "hahaha it's rap therefore I hate it". I can vividly remember despising Gold Digger when it was popular and on Rage every week. I'm glad that time has passed. Because I actually really enjoy it when I can admit it to myself :P

So here's a difficult question for someone as fanboy-ish as you, what is your favourite Kanye song?

Diamonds of Sierra Leone bro! the version without jay! it has some of my favourite lines in it like

Does he write his own rhymes? Well sort of, I think 'em.

That mean I forgot better shit than you ever thought of.

If your stripper name is Porsche and you get tips from many men,

Then your fat friend her nickname is minivan.

Right when magazines wrote Kanye West off,

I dropped my new shit it sound like the best of

i love how witty he is. yes a lot of his lyrics are crude and immature but its the wiityness that sets them apart from a lot of other rappers.

The thing I like about Kanye is that I guess he's the first rapper I've ever really taken the time to listen. A couple of years ago I would have been like "hahaha it's rap therefore I hate it". I can vividly remember despising Gold Digger when it was popular and on Rage every week. I'm glad that time has passed. Because I actually really enjoy it when I can admit it to myself :P

thats the thing about kanye. he seems to appeal to people who don't usually like rap. i mostly certainly don't care much for it. i change the station every time triple j plays some shit-arse-sad-excuse-for-music aussie hip hop. the only 3 i like are jay-z, kanye and lupe. and its kinda funny that kanye was jay's protege and then kanye was lupe's protege.

Ohh good, I'm getting to that song soon!

Aussie hip hop seems to be almost a sub-genre of hip hop itself. I can't stand it either.

Like I said, Kanye's the only rapper I only really listen to, unless you count Gorillaz :P

Never really even looked into Lupe's stuff, or Jay-Z's for that matter besides when I saw him open for U2.

Ohh good, I'm getting to that song soon!

Aussie hip hop seems to be almost a sub-genre of hip hop itself. I can't stand it either.

Like I said, Kanye's the only rapper I only really listen to, unless you count Gorillaz :P

Never really even looked into Lupe's stuff, or Jay-Z's for that matter besides when I saw him open for U2.

Most of Lupe's stuff is terrible, in my opinion. I don't really like Jay-Z.

Listen to MF Doom. some of the production on his songs is crazy but he's definitely my favourite rapper.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V0mPD6FhXQ]YouTube - ‪Madvillain - Fancy Clown‬‏[/ame]

this album is my favourite hip hop album and probably one of my favourite albums of all time!

aaand yep i just hijacked this thread!

Most of Lupe's stuff is terrible, in my opinion. I don't really like Jay-Z.

Listen to MF Doom. some of the production on his songs is crazy but he's definitely my favourite rapper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V0mPD6FhXQ

this album is my favourite hip hop album and probably one of my favourite albums of all time!

aaand yep i just hijacked this thread!

Hmmmm I actually like that.

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME :wreck:

Seriously though, once exams are over I'll try to look into him a bit more.

And maybe after I get more familiar with Kanye's stuff. After all I am going to see him LIVE :awesome: