✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kanye West!

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bit of number crunching for y'all

according to metacritic Kanye's new album is averaging a score of 92/100 from 35 critics. it has the equal highest score from an album with 30 or more reviews, equaling Tom Waits' compilation Orphans which has 32 reviews. the only album to have more reviews and score 90+ is Illinois by Sufjan Stevens which scored 90 from 40 critics.

thats why i pointed out that it was a compilation. shows just how incredible the reaction to the album has been. not sure how many more reviews metacritic will take into account but if it remains over 90 after 40 reviews i will be amazed.

dont think we'll get Watch the Throne this year.

Has Kanye joined Jay Z on stage yet? :P

from what im hearing no he didnt. but ive read on twitter that people have approached a studio in melbourne and asked the security if kanye and jay-z are working inside. the security neither confirmed nor denied that. which basically means yes they are in melbourne working in that studio.

of course the night isnt over yet.

that album is the main reason why this thread is still active :P

It's incredible!

i would say part of the reason is due to the way he chose to release all his new music. with new tracks each week he never really left the minds of music fans for a large part of the year. which is basically what you want as an artist, for people to be always talking about you. that task is a little easier if your name is Kanye West.