✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

CHANGE OF CONTENTS FOR THE NEXT ALBUM

Dejan

Chris will ever be able to write songs like "Streets of Philadelphia" :huh:

And is that a problem?

He's Chris Martin. He writes what he is, not what isn't.

If you want "Streets of Philadelphia", listen to it.

The end.

You are messed up in the head

"Deep" stuff is great, but Coldplay is Coldplay. If Chris tries to write "deeper" lyrics then it'll seem forced and contrived. The songs he writes just come out, and it's something you can really tell in thier music.

im not sure your giving due credit to the man. its pretty clear Chris Martin does work rediculously hard on every aspect of the album, including the lyrics.

coldplay lyrics are highly under-rated. he grasps and articulates what the human soul wants and needs (We Never Change) and puts into perspective the miracle that we exist at all (Speed of Sound). He gets a lot of scrutiny because the band is so succesful but lets not gloss over his lyrics too quickly, his words are heftier than they appear.

im not sure your giving due credit to the man. its pretty clear Chris Martin does work rediculously hard on every aspect of the album, including the lyrics.

coldplay lyrics are highly under-rated. he grasps and articulates what the human soul wants and needs (We Never Change) and puts into perspective the miracle that we exist at all (Speed of Sound). He gets a lot of scrutiny because the band is so succesful but lets not gloss over his lyrics too quickly, his words are heftier than they appear.

I agree. But in X&Y, he has become more oblique with the lyrics... the songs are less direct. It may be better by some people, but it just makes me as a fan feel frustrated as I can't relate to / grasp what he's singing as well as I used to... I think it affects my perception of the quality/relevance of the album quite a bit. Or maybe it's just that becoming millionaires, marrying the one he loves and having babies (in that order) have put him on a different emotional plane now

Or maybe it's just that becoming millionaires, marrying the one he loves and having babies (in that order) have put him on a different emotional plane now

Weird, for some reason I thought they had Apple before they got married...but then I looked it up and I'm wrong

Edit: I realized why I had thought that before.

Married: December 5th, 2003

Apple born: May 14, 2004

You do the math :stunned:

Or maybe it's just that becoming millionaires, marrying the one he loves and having babies (in that order) have put him on a different emotional plane now

Weird, for some reason I thought they had Apple before they got married...but then I looked it up and I'm wrong

Edit: I realized why I had thought that before.

Married: December 5th, 2003

Apple born: May 14, 2004

You do the math :stunned:

I know. I don't need to do the math :P

Just technically, Apple was born after they got married though she was conceived before