✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What is your favourite Coldplay song today?

swallowedinamessage

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Strangely enough, Clocks.

I tend to actually not listen to this song that much... Just because I had a rather terrifying experience with it. I went to Europe back in July with a small group from my school. My friend Sean sat next to me during the 8 hour bus ride from a train station in Southern France to Barcelona, Spain. He listened to Clocks at least 79 times in a row. I'm not kidding. He slept the whole fuckin' way and had the damn CD player on 9/9. And I had to hear this goddamn song over... and over.. and I couldn't sleep.

:o And now I can't stop listening to it. Ah! I don't know why I felt the need to tell that story. :lol:

^Beliiieeeve me. You here "do do do, do do do, do do, do do do, do do do, do do" over and over again, and your ipod ran out of batteries on the plane ride into Paris. And you have no other music. And the friggin adapter you brought didn't work in the cheap hotel EF tours put you in so there's no other music to listen to...

It was mildly hellish. LMFAO LMFAO! It's just a big joke now, between me and him. Everytime "clocks" is mentioned, anywhere, I'll just groan and he'll start to sing it.... All day. It happened yesterday. :lol:

^Awesome! Was it through your school? Mine was four days in Paris, 2 in Barcelona and 2 in Madrid. Incredible experience.

I went on an SMI tour to Ireland back in April! I absolutely loved Dublin. When I get out of school I'm hoping to work there.

awww i would do the same... clocks always "puts a smile upon my face". about this trip to europe, how long did you guys stay?

im planning on going, i have a huge obsession on european countries and their cultures reason why i would love to go...(world cup is next year in germany!!!!!!!!)

I really love Clocks. It has the first lyrical line that I EVER put in my AIM profile in it. That's a big deal! :lol: "Am I a part of the cure or am I a part of the disease?" Love it.

It was about a 10 day trip. Left on the 3rd of July and came back the 13th. I've really fallen in love with Europe, it was so exhilerating to be lost in translation in Paris (I speak absolutely NO french!), visit the Louvre, wandering around the streets of Madrid after 3 glasses of wine at dinner, shove pickpocketers on the Barcelona subways away from me....

Ah. The memories. Then there's Clocks... :lol: Seriously, if you ever get a chance to join a tour or go on your own, Sienna, do it. It's a great experience to go to a foreign place and take in it's culture, not just through text books in school.

I blab about this too much. :rolleyes:

^Awesome! Was it through your school? Mine was four days in Paris, 2 in Barcelona and 2 in Madrid. Incredible experience.

I went on an SMI tour to Ireland back in April! I absolutely loved Dublin. When I get out of school I'm hoping to work there.

nope, I organized it myself. stayed in dublin for two weeks and went to school there. ;) I had such a great time and I HAD to go back this summer as well. ^^ aaand I'm also planning to "work" over there as an au pair next year. :)

That's so cool!! When I graduate in less than 2 years (wow) I'm planning on traveling back by myself. I really fell in love with Ireland and Dublin when I went. It was too bad that on the tour we took with SMI we only had 2 days there, and only one to ourselves. I didn't even get to the Clarence Hotel...

:cry: I swear, it wasn't because of my rabid obsession with U2 that I went! I swear... :rolleyes: :lol:

Man, I took this thread off topic...

I really love Clocks. It has the first lyrical line that I EVER put in my AIM profile in it. That's a big deal! :lol: "Am I a part of the cure or am I a part of the disease?" Love it.

It was about a 10 day trip. Left on the 3rd of July and came back the 13th. I've really fallen in love with Europe, it was so exhilerating to be lost in translation in Paris (I speak absolutely NO french!), visit the Louvre, wandering around the streets of Madrid after 3 glasses of wine at dinner, shove pickpocketers on the Barcelona subways away from me....

Ah. The memories. Then there's Clocks... :lol: Seriously, if you ever get a chance to join a tour or go on your own, Sienna, do it. It's a great experience to go to a foreign place and take in it's culture, not just through text books in school.

I blab about this too much. :rolleyes:

i have been learning french for the past two years and a half... its such a romantic language! i also speak perfect spanish and i woulnt mind getting lost in translation in italy(although i can speak it a little) .... europe... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

in my opinion you have no other choice than falling in love with dublin once you've been there. the people (especially my host mother) are just so friendly and the whole place is so nice. aww, I wanna go back. :cry: oh... and that was actually the time when I really fell in love with coldplay. I bought 'parachutes' over there and since then 'yellow' always makes me think about dublin.

that was off topic as well...