✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Quotes

Sam

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(September, 2002) “The other day we were playing in New York, and Gwyneth Paltrow came to see us and everyone said ‘oh you’re going out with Gwyneth Paltrow,’ which was marvelous which wasn’t of course true. Well the other day I was thinking ‘well that means we can hang out with actresses now because people think we’re big enough.’ Anyway, we played in Los Angeles the other day, and my favorite actress is called Rachel Weiz. Someone said that she was coming to our concert, and we had a seat for her, and she didn’t turn up and I was so gutted. Anyway, but I slept with someone else so that was great! The moral of the story is – Don’t get your hopes up!”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(September, 2002) “The other day we were playing in New York, and Gwyneth Paltrow came to see us and everyone said ‘oh you’re going out with Gwyneth Paltrow,’ which was marvelous which wasn’t of course true. Well the other day I was thinking ‘well that means we can hang out with actresses now because people think we’re big enough.’ Anyway, we played in Los Angeles the other day, and my favorite actress is called Rachel Weiz. Someone said that she was coming to our concert, and we had a seat for her, and she didn’t turn up and I was so gutted. Anyway, but I slept with someone else so that was great! The moral of the story is – Don’t get your hopes up!”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It would be nice if it was true that Rachel Weisz was his favourite actress - I think she's extremely pretty and talented, and to be honest, I think she would fit with Chris very well :rolleyes: She was in "About a Boy" with Hugh Grant and absolutely adorable!

“Of course there’s a nasty side to us,” explains Chris, “but you don’t show things for an interview. I can be a git. We find it much easier to be nicer. To be civil. Will is the nicest bloke in the world, but if you take his seat on the bus, then you’ve had it. This is as aggressive as we get. There’s a nasty side to everyone - even dustmen.” ;)

“How do you mean ‘nasty’?” Guy asks.

Well…do you, for example, take advantage of underage groupies?

“Absolutely not,” says teetotal Chris shocked (despite what you may have heard, Chris is the only member of Coldplay who doesn’t drink).

“I torture small animals,” laughs Jonny.

“Yeah, that’s right,” says Chris with a sigh. “‘WE TORTURE SMALL ANIMALS, SAY COLDPLAY.’ Pull that quote and put it in capital letters at the end. Maybe it will sell a few more copies.”

“I torture small animals,” laughs Jonny.

“Yeah, that’s right,” says Chris with a sigh. “‘WE TORTURE SMALL ANIMALS, SAY COLDPLAY.’ Pull that quote and put it in capital letters at the end. Maybe it will sell a few more copies.”

LMAOOOO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:heart:

Sorry to shatter the illusion but famous interviewer Ricky Gervais uncovered the true Chris Martin.

"Chris martin from coldplay. Got a few questions for you."

"Can i wear your sunglasses?"

"Ok, now you like to buy clothes made in third world sweat-shops because they're cheaper. DO you prefer chinese or indian made stuff?"

"Indian. Chinese don't know what they're doing."

"Most of your record collection is taped from Radio One.Doesn't the quality suffer?"

"If you get a TSX60. Flip it. Six songs each side. Magic."

Now at the Conservative party conference a few years ago you made a rousing speech saying that if Labour banned fox hunting you would leave the country. Now, you did leave but now your back. Isnt that hypocritical?"

"I just came back to get some stuff.To get my hunting gear. I came back to get 2 guns and a knife."

"Now, you love getting corporate sponsorship for stuff, and you named your child Apple obviously after the computer firm. How much money did you get for that?"

"Four billion dollars."

"Well done"

"Two billion of it was taxed. Paid for a bypass."

"Now your wife Gwyneth is obviously a welsh lass......."

"Dont bring that up."

.........but you've never learnt the language. How do you communicate?"

"Like you were saying earlier i use my mouth, like you gave some clever cloggs answer to me.

"Clever cloggs?!"

"We communicate through lawyers."

"And estate agents. we use Bruce Foxton. Now, on tour, you have the band and tour in stitches with your famous impressin of a disabled. Why do they find that so funny?"

"What kind of question if that?"

"Now you famously said you dont trust black people. Isnt that rascist?"

"I think racism's a state of mind."

:lol: [/b]

There was another one from that interview as well.

RE: finger tapes.

C: They're a lil' bit like Michael Jackson in the 80's. And a lil' bit of a nod to Morton Harket (sp?) from A-ha. [pause] I thought if Coldplay couldn't pioneer anything in music we could at least push forward the boundaries of finger wear.