✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Aussie Bands

bonabon

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'd say start from the start with Fingers Crossed. If that album is too boring for you (it's a lot less bouncy than the other 2 albums) than get 'In Case We Die'. I can't decide which one is my favourite, they're both great! :D Hope that helps. :)

the best aussie bands at the moment in my opinion are 'mercy arms' and 'ghostwood' check out their myspaces:

ghostwood > http://www.myspace.com/ghostwoodband 1by1.gif*listen to either 'red version' or 'blue version'

mercy arms > http://www.myspace.com/mercyarms *listen to either 'kept low' or 'shot right down'

for all you strokes fans, mercy arms were handpicked by the strokes (not their promoting company!!) to support them for the strokes aussie tour back in '05

• 2 weeks later...

^ Judging by the name of them and the person recommending them, probably Metal :D

Has anyone heard of Xavier Rudd? I'm seeing him on November 19! Yay! He sounds a bit like Josh Pyke.

Does anyone here like Bob Evans????? Or Jebediah? They are brilliant.

annie i like xavier rudd's music. i heard him once at a free festival--- i say hear because there was so many people that we couldn't get close enough to see him, a couple of friends and myself could only get as close as back stage behind a wire fence that was covered in plastic hehe.

it was at this festival that i first heard of ( and my ears fell in love with) True Live amazing what they could do with a cello, violin, keyboard, double bass, an MC and a bit of the doctor who theme! have you heard of them?

• 3 weeks later...

I like;

Misy Higgens

Kasey Chambers

Butterfly Boucher (I think she is Australian)

Evermore sometimes

Eskimo Joe

Wolfmother

John Butler Trio

Sneaky Sound system

PowderFinger

Silver Chair sometimes

I generally like all Australian music (exept Damien Leith, ew....)