✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Aussie Bands

bonabon

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man that lead singer did things to me in his clip for Rough Diamonds. *drools* great song too... *drools*

blow up the pokies is another good Whitlams one...

evermore are originally new zealanders :P

living end are good shit. "we dont need no one to tell us what to do! oh yeh were on our own and theres nothing you can do!" :blush:

thirstymerc are great! so damn catchy!

bernard fanning is quite groovy. and Powderfinger are great! Thrillioilogy is a great song too! and Passanger definetly! and many more too. get thier cds, or at least thier greatest hits, cold_kitty, they're great!

and Cat Empire... man im regretting missing out on their show... :(

HAHA man the lead singer for end of fashion is hooooooottt :blush:

blow up the pokies isss a great whitlams song

evermore are originally new zealander but aussie, nz they're all ours afterall :P

and the cat empire don't stress about missing their show. they're likely to tour again. they're always touring!

i saw them at the beginning of last year. and again at the end.

:blush:

they will tour again.

that's guaranteed.

and if you like you can come with me to see them because i will be going definitely. haha

the living end (oldies too. but AMAZING! checkkkk out this song)- wake up. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.sadrlashfrsjkfhjas.!!!!!!!!!!! LISTEN TO IT NOW. AMAZINNNNNNNGNGEGHWDLGJKAD!

OMGUYGODEUFYWGFcbybchfbhwbehobahhobfvi Living End are fucking awesome, they dont have one bad song. SO GOOOD*&$*%UHECHBEFHLX

Look what you've done Bonita :rolleyes:

BTW anyone get to the Big Day Out, I know it was ages ago but just wondering. I wolud've gone but apparently I'm too young :rolleyes: , but i did sit in front of the TV for about 48 hours wathcing Big Day In WOOOTU#CHRUSMXHMHSMOHDX<YSNHJKBAYE&@!!

Stand Out Acts for me Include - Living End, Franz Ferdinand, Youth Group.

ALso they had this vault thingy where u see stuff from older BDO's. I saw pretty much of all the Coldplay set in 2001... I think it was. Yeah they had only just released Shiver.

And i was confused cause they played In My PLace, although it sounded a bit different (ie. worse). but yeah it was all acoustic though with Jonny and Chris Acoustic guitars oh and Chris used a keyboard for In My Place......weird.

Anywho..... oh yeah and it was funny coz they played a game of cricket backstage with a few others v Powderfinger :lol: , didnt show much but it did show chris bowl and it was pretty dam bad! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah , so ive had my rant back to the point - The Living End RAWKS!! :D

bonn - sounds like a good idea! i cant wait till they start again... :blush:

i like INXS but in thier olden days of course, i cant believe they made a reality tv show out of it... :disappointed:

man i wish i could see that BDO with Coldplay. it was great how them and powderfinger were friendly... the rest were antisocial lol... haha id love to see chris try and bowl! :lol:

Anywho..... oh yeah and it was funny coz they played a game of cricket backstage with a few others v Powderfinger , didnt show much but it did show chris bowl and it was pretty dam bad!

:lol: damn was that on foxtel- i wish i still had that :cry: most of the stuff on it was crap but the music an doco channels :(

Melbournians out there

Check out TRUE LIVE AWESOME BAND they are playing for free

truelive.jpg

truelive2.jpg

also before them another great band BOMBA are playing info on "free" magazine for festival melbourne 2006 commonwealth games that came in Herald Sun newspaper

• 3 months later...

Alright I cannot find the other Aussie music thread haha (someone find it for me) but I needed to say this somewhere.

Anyone got the new Eskimo Joe album? It is soooooooo good. I got their last one and thought it was pretty bland, but this new one is such a big step from that. If this had exposure in other countries it could easily become huge.

It is frigging excellent!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

*wakes up thread with big rendition of national anthem*

Pretty much everyone mentioned on here is freaking awesome. Specially Missy and Silverchaaaaaair! And you've forgotten the John Butler Trio and Xavier Rudd, two supremely fantastical acts that I love to the max. I seriously didn't mean for that to rhyme. :stunned:

Feelin' patriotic! Aussie love!!! :D

wolfmother, jet, silverchair, crowded house and cat empire are pretty great.

AC/DC are beyond those, and if youth group pushes passed being a one hit wonder they may see themselves crawling up the ranks which i hope they do because they have a unique sound.

• 5 months later...
wolfmother, jet, silverchair, crowded house and cat empire are pretty great.

AC/DC are beyond those, and if youth group pushes passed being a one hit wonder they may see themselves crawling up the ranks which i hope they do because they have a unique sound.

My brother used to live with a guy (the bassist I think) from Cat Empire :smug: I remember going through his closet and playing his guitar when I was like 8 years old, good times. I also think Youth Group have a lot of potential they just need to..I dunno..take a risk?