✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurricane Katrina

Manders

Sadly Nick' date=' race is an issure here. If it had been in a predominantly white city I bet you good money that the response would have been quicker.[/quote']

not true...it has to due with the goverment being ignorant about the storm and not having good policies in place and the fact that there are so many people with guns out their attacking others....

if this would have happened in west virginia and there was crime like their is now it would be bad...not as bad though. i will agree but not because of race but alot of virginia from what ive seen doesnt have as much poverty.

im sorry but the black community's today blame everything on teh racism of evil white men...

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem, I just saw it on my friends page and thought the irony was too much to pass by.

Nothing's worse than turning on the TV to find Fox News on and Bill OReilly talking down to 2 homeless black people who have lost everything. Bah!

On the livejournal link, the guy wrote about how the police and national guard stood by when people broke into cars trying to flee, but SWAT showed up with rifles and snipers when they tried to break into cars in the rich neighbourhood.

what do you call that, nick?

d

i dont know if i do good or bad by comparing this to 911 but it is a clear example

when 911 happened-----that same day or the next day, there was help---the national guard, the politicians, the redcross, firefighters, everybody was there-----action was done within a day-------and this was a surprise attack---who was damaged here??? dominantly white, middle class, business men

the hurricane was predicted----everyone knew it would hit new orleans-----it was predicted that it would be WORST-----and five days after the huge disaster, pres. bush comes out and brings his help--------who was damaged here????? dominantly black, poverty line people

WTF is that??? Race??? yes, it has alot to do with race----Race is the number one issue in this country-----any law, any politik, any issue--they all concern with RACE

:cry:

Nick' date=' If this had happenned in a predominantly white, upper class city do you honestly believe that the response would have been equally as inadequate?[/quote']

no...but not because of race...if it was a upper class mexican city then the response would have been better, but not by much...the fact is if it was an upper class city there wouldnt be as much looting and crime afterwards. alot of the efforts now are devoted to security.....it has nothing to do with race...social and economic status: yes.

On the livejournal link, the guy wrote about how the police and national guard stood by when people broke into cars trying to flee, but SWAT showed up with rifles and snipers when they tried to break into cars in the rich neighbourhood.

what do you call that, nick?

Not to do with race but economic status. if they were rich black people and poor white people the same thing would have happened.....

if a poor white guys were breaking into rich black people's cars the same would have happened.

Re: d

i dont know if i do good or bad by comparing this to 911 but it is a clear example

when 911 happened-----that same day or the next day, there was help---the national guard, the politicians, the redcross, firefighters, everybody was there-----action was done within a day-------and this was a surprise attack---who was damaged here??? dominantly white, middle class, business men

the hurricane was predicted----everyone knew it would hit new orleans-----it was predicted that it would be WORST-----and five days after the huge disaster, pres. bush comes out and brings his help--------who was damaged here????? dominantly black, poverty line people

WTF is that??? Race??? yes, it has alot to do with race----Race is the number one issue in this country-----any law, any politik, any issue--they all concern with RACE

:cry:

if race was a key issue the whites would have been saved first....the fact is the goverment from local to state to federal screwed up because of IGNORANCE not race...they didnt communicate right, they didnt have a good plan...they werent prepared. make it what you want it to be, but sadly the only thing race has to do with this is what people want to make it.

I saw on Tv that Germany offered help to the US but Bush said they have enough to help...they have more than enough....... :confused:

WHAT!! what an idiot... *shakes head*

well from what I've seen on TV things are finally looking a step in the right direction.. still 1000s of people on rooftops though... have you seen them on tv today? Media copters were dropping off water and MRE's for them, nice to see the media doing something kind for once...

Guest LiquidSky

I just hope that all the people that are shooting all the other people that they stay there!!!! :angry: :/ I don't get why the hell they are shooting at other people if they are being rescued? I mean.. they are gonna be rescued too and people are helping you and you are shooting at them? :o then you deserve to die! :angry: :/

d

Ultimately' date=' you can't separate race and class like some people want to do. I mean, how many predominantly upper-class African American cities exist in the USA?[/quote']

like you said, what percent of black people are upper class and what percent of white people are upper class???? its a clear difference--------the biggest issue is race----------but enough about this

i am just glad that finally something is being done from the government to help those in need down there-------i hope not too many people died because of the lack of help----that would be a shame to survive the disaster but die because you didnt get help in time :cry:

I saw on Tv that Germany offered help to the US but Bush said they have enough to help...they have more than enough....... :confused:

I saw on the news we accepted germany's and france's help.....but i could have misheard... i have bad hearing....

do you have a link?

This was 2 days ago and I think now they want their help!!!

What I heard from US officials that aid from other countries have not been declined. They have been accepted either. So, a lot of countries are giving the money to organizations like Red Cross.

What bugs me is hearing people (American, Canadian, whomever--but usually conservative) blasting other countries for not helping out the US. That ticks me off.