🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Ian Brown/Stone Roses

badlydrawngirl

I have been informed today, that I have a good chance to go back stage and meet the Man Himself as me mate knows Ian Browns Drummer Maxi and he is on thew guest list regardless pics will be posted on here. I am so looking forward to it. Ian Brown one of a kind a true genuis ! :smug: :cool:

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Artist Ian Brown Plus Support Act

Date 19th October 2004

Venue The Carling Apollo Manchester

From the moment I knew about this concert my countdown had started. I heard pretty good reviews about Ian Brown before going. What happened was something I will remember for ever and ever. And a memory that will last until the end of my time.

Aziz was Ians support act, he is a true master class and a excellent musician. Those who know his music are true people that understand and know their music. He plays with a mate of his called Dalbar who plays the bongo drums the commutation between them can be felt in a special place deep inside your soul.

Any way down to Ian.....

He opens up with Destiny of Circumstance, and well written song of the new Album. Meaning about someone I sure he has loved has for sometime.

Then it happened what was about to happen for the next thirty minutes was a ' New Heaven' itself' The first 2 cords of Sally Cimon started the place just went crazy.

Words defeat me on how electric the atmosphere was. It was the night when the Music came home to Manchester. It was such a special night. For the people of Manchester. One mate quoted it was just as a good as winter Gardens and that would be the closest ever experience to seeing the Roses perform.

Halfway though his Stone Roses set he asked the crowd for any special request. The crowd lost for words just laughed so out of breath and in absolute bliss of what they just witness.

After playing ’Sally Cinnamon’ ’(Song For My) Sugar Spun Sister’ ’Where Angels Play’’Waterfall’ ’Made Of Stone’ ’She Bangs The Drums’ he took a few moments out and played Golden Gaze which sounded just as a good as it did on the CD. The crowd needed a break I think a few heart attacks was about to happen amongst the late 20 early 30 something's in the crowd.

I noticed Ian gauging the crowds reaction to tunes like 'Longsight M13' a true personal favourite of mine from the New Album Sorlaized, little did some of the crowd knew that he was just singing about a place with its geographical location mealy yards away from the Carling Apollo. He also went on to sing Time is my everything a tune which I reckon is going to a hit of his in the months to come of the new Album a perfect, and I mean perfect love tune. He took a few seconds break with the crowd in between tunes chanting his name 'IAN, 'IAN, 'IAN, 'IAN, and Ian Brown. He must of loved it then played the atmospheric F.E.A.R. in my opinion one of the best written tunes this side of the century.

It was time for yet a another Treat from the Roses Achieve. All together now. I wanna, I wanna I wanna be adorderd graced and filled out souls. I could not belive what had happend so far this night I knew the night would be special this specail was never on the cards it felt like the Roses had come home.

He came on for 2 encores one with Noel Gallagher himself was inturrpeted by someone thowing a pint of water or beer over him Neol went of stage. However this failed to dampan the night. He finshed of with a few other tunes I did not know.

But what else can I say. I got three gigs for the price of one. Aziz, Ian and the Roses.

I can honesltly say this was on of my best nights ever. !!!!!!!!!!!!

A night that will also hold a specail place in Manchesters Music History for ever.

Set list

’Destiny Of Circumstance’

’Sally Cinnamon’

’(Song For My) Sugar Spun Sister’

’Where Angels Play’

’Waterfall’

’Made Of Stone’

’She Bangs The Drums’

’Golden Gaze’

’Love Like A Fountain’

’If Dolphins Were Monkeys’

’Longsight M13’

’The Sweet Fantastic’

’Forever And A Day’

’Time Is My Everything’

’F.E.A.R’

’I Wanna Be Adored’

’Love Bug’

’Keep What Ya Got’

’Be There’

’R.E.I.G.N.’

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I can not understate my love for the stone roses ever .....

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

I'll tell you my story man, I wish I'd never been born

I'm loose at the seams, I've broken my dreams

And my hand, it shakes the pen

Come on, come on now, baby, let the good times roll again, yeah

Where did our sweet love go? Who stole away our time?

Why do the stars above refuse to shine?

The harder I try to paint a picture of the way it was back then

The more I miss the good times, baby, let it roll again

Good times baby, this is the time

I need to know that your love is mine

Love me up, yeah, reel me in

I'm hooked, line and sinker, she's my heroin

How many days have I been lying on my back

Staring at the ceiling girl, stretching on your rack?

The harder I try to paint a picture of the way it was back then

The more I miss the good times, baby, let it roll again

Said I'm hooked now, I'm not fakin',

I'm here till the day I die

can't get enough now, my heart is aching

I'm in too deep to stop, all I want is those

I saw Ian Brown live earlier this year and the show was a joke.

I know he can not sing that well, but has a awsome presence on stage ! When I went to see him, it was the best night I was ever... well one of me best !! When he played in Manchester its was very. very special !

Yah' date=' I wont get into details. If anyone went to the Toronto show, you know what I am talking about. There were sound problems throughout the whole show, I think he played max 20 minutes.[/quote']

HHAhahahahaha Browne has been arrested for such incidents in past... IN California someone attacked him (' as he was on one and said this is fu###king shite and I am not f###king hanging around for his')(he does not like it when his sound plays up) , when he defended him self he was arrested.