✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

James Blunt ~ Official Thread

corgi1998

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't forget.....this music is especially for girls between 13-...17?years

so, let him live and just don't listen to his songs, hm?:)

it's easy, isn't it?

-my opinion-

No - because they need to be saved before it's too late and they're turned into pop zombies for life!!:P

I strongly surgest letting this thread die. James Blunt is a fucking moron! By posting in it you are just keeping it alive' date=' start a revolution and stop posting in it. Boycott it completely then the Partridge would be happy.[/quote']

And boycotting his music would be even better!!;)

i found an article about him...:

English radio station bans James Blunt songs

An English radio station said on Monday it has banned songs by British crooner James Blunt from its airwaves after listeners said they were fed up with hearing "You're Beautiful" and "Goodbye My Lover."

Chris Cotton, program controller of local radio Essex FM in southern England, said: "We don't have anything against James Blunt and we're pleased he has been so successful, but we really need a break."

The music industry exerts a lot of pressure on radio stations to play certain artists' music over and over again, Cotton said.

"Often this can be out of step with the audience's tastes, which results in songs being overplayed," he said. "We're happy to stand up to this pressure and follow the strong message listeners have given us. We encourage other radio stations to take the same step."

Despite this minor setback, Blunt has enjoyed phenomenal success since his voice first emanated from radio stations across the world last year.

"You're Beautiful" topped the charts in 25 countries.

In March, the former army officer became the first British artist to reach the number one slot in the U.S. Billboard chart in nine years.

His album, "Back To Bedlam" has sold more than 7 million copies worldwide.

------------------------------------------------

this made me laugh :lol:

Thank god that someone has seen sense. I can't believe how overplayed his songs have become. Fair enough if they were works of art but I have yet to hear anything from him that has truly moved me. Or that I've even liked for that matter.

i found an article about him...:

English radio station bans James Blunt songs

An English radio station said on Monday it has banned songs by British crooner James Blunt from its airwaves after listeners said they were fed up with hearing "You're Beautiful" and "Goodbye My Lover."

Chris Cotton, program controller of local radio Essex FM in southern England, said: "We don't have anything against James Blunt and we're pleased he has been so successful, but we really need a break."

The music industry exerts a lot of pressure on radio stations to play certain artists' music over and over again, Cotton said.

"Often this can be out of step with the audience's tastes, which results in songs being overplayed," he said. "We're happy to stand up to this pressure and follow the strong message listeners have given us. We encourage other radio stations to take the same step."

Despite this minor setback, Blunt has enjoyed phenomenal success since his voice first emanated from radio stations across the world last year.

"You're Beautiful" topped the charts in 25 countries.

In March, the former army officer became the first British artist to reach the number one slot in the U.S. Billboard chart in nine years.

His album, "Back To Bedlam" has sold more than 7 million copies worldwide.

------------------------------------------------

this made me laugh :lol:

thats a shame. their is so much other music that should be banned from a radiostation other then james blunt.

• 4 months later...

'Why would I sleep around?'

0,,2006471325,00.jpg

'Cova girl ... James's girlfriend Petra Nemcova

JAMES BLUNT has earned a reputation as Britain’s biggest pop ladykiller after being linked to a series of beautiful women.

His emotional ballads have won him female adulation across the globe and the former Army captain has become the No 1 heart-throb in pop.

This year he was in the running to win my Bizarre Shagger Of The Year award for all his alleged bed-hopping antics.

But now the 32-year-old singer has revealed he is no Casanova — he’s a one-man woman... and that woman is his supermodel girlfriend Petra Nemcova.

Speaking exclusively to The Sun in New York, James said: “I’m a very lucky man to be with Petra and that’s all I need to say. I’ve been linked to all sorts of friends romantically and it’s all just laughable.

“I only have to be photographed talking to someone and then I’m meant to be going out with them.”

Just last weekend James was snapped talking to beautiful Australian TV presenter Tania Zaetta, while Petra was the other side of the world working.

But James insists: “Tania is a really great mate of mine, nothing more.

“My personal life is settled and good and I’m feeling very lucky and happy.”

James seemed genuinely on top of the world when I met him backstage in New York, where he is performing the final leg of his two-year world tour.

He was the most upbeat I’ve seen him in a while, and perhaps that’s no surprise, given his phenomenal success.

His debut album, Back To Bedlam, has just passed the global 10 million sales mark and there is no country on earth now that hasn’t succumbed to the charms of his smash-hit ballad, You’re Beautiful.

Yet coupled with his huge success has come the inevitable backlash. James recently beat traffic wardens and noisy neighbours to be voted fourth in a poll of Most Irritating Things in Britain.

He said: “I’ve definitely suffered from the backlash thing, but I’ve also had a huge amount of support along the way.

0,,2006471326,00.jpg

You're beautiful ... James and Petra in New York

“I know if you put your head above the parapet you should expect to get shot at in some way.

“It’s the way it is sometimes. Of course I’ve given it some thought but I haven’t lost any sleep over it.

“I always remind myself and others that without the support I’ve had back at home in England then I wouldn’t have made it anywhere else in the world because it brought me to their attention in the first place. It was the British Press that supported me initially so I always try to point that out.

“You’re Beautiful was on the airwaves all the time so it’s hardly surprising that some people got fed up hearing it.”

And he joked: “When I heard about the poll I was devastated because I just thought fourth was really unfair.

“Who on earth beat me? I thought I should have been No 1. Next year I’m going to do better than that — I’m going to go for at least top three.”

You’re Beautiful is now the No 1 song played at weddings in the UK and its international success has led to James playing sell-out gigs across the world for the past two years.

I watched him perform two nights at New York’s Radio City Music Hall, and the Yanks loved him. There were couples swooning, girls screaming ‘We love you, James’ — and even a few blokes there too.

As well as the Supertramp classic Breakfast In America, James showcased a sprinkling of songs from his new album, scheduled for release in autumn next year — and they didn’t disappoint.

The Americans love the fact that James served in Kosovo, and Back To Bedlam is now the third highest-selling album in the US this year.

Almost every night James is asked if he will pass on a proposal to a fan’s girlfriend on stage during You’re Beautiful — and each time he refuses.

He explains: “I always say no, because I think if you are a man proposing you should do it yourself.”

During his tour, James befriended Robbie Williams, who went to two of his New York shows. Robbie went backstage to meet James and ended up challenging him and his band to a game of football. James says: “My band played Robbie’s and I’m so ashamed of the scoreline I’m not even going to tell you what it was.

“But let’s just say we were slaughtered. Robbie is a very nifty footballer and Jonathan Wilkes is a great player.

“The only thing that made the hammering less awful was that Coldplay had played Robbie and his team the day before us — and they got slaughtered too.”

James adds: “Robbie is one of the nicest blokes I’ve ever met. You have a perception of a person through what you read and I met him and he was just a really nice, generous person with his time. And not just with me, but with other people around us.”

James can now count many celebrities as his friends as a result of his huge success. Liv Tyler and Penelope Cruz turned up to see him perform at Radio City, and he is personal friends with Elton John.

0,,2006471343,00.jpg

Yet he remains refreshingly down-to-earth. He recently returned to Kosovo to perform a free gig for the troops, and every night on stage he raises money for the charity Medecins Sans Frontieres (Doctors Without Borders) who help people in war-torn areas around the world.

Fans can bid in an auction to meet James backstage, and he spends half an hour with them and then donates the money to the charity.

James realises that being idolised on stage and having a big entourage to organise your every move while you are on tour isn’t real life — so he does what he can to keep himself on the straight and narrow.

He says: “I cant wait to get home to London — that’s where all my mates are and it’s my home. I miss it all the time.

“But the thing I love doing most when I’m there is going on the tube. I get a thrill out of it because it’s just being normal like everyone else.

“I realise that all this — being away on tour, you are in a bubble. You have people around you to organise things but it’s not real life.

“When I’m back home I travel on the tube and people probably think I’m mad because I’ll have this big grin on my face. They probably think, ‘There’s that bloke who wrote You’re Beautiful with a stupid grin on his face.’

“I always travel on easyJet when I go on holiday and people do recognise me but they are always friendly. Those are the kinds of things that keep you feeling normal — and I never want that to change.”

0,,2006471332,00.jpg

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2006470660,00.html

Blunt seeks common ground

Singer-songwriter finds stardom by exploring what all people share

With his inescapable No. 1 hit "You're Beautiful," former British army Capt. James Blunt is one of 2006's biggest surprise success stories. With the help of fans Elton John and Linda Perry, who signed Blunt to her Custard Label, Blunt's soft-rock, singer-songwriter debut, "Back to Bedlam," has made him one of the most successful English exports since Coldplay.

Blunt, who performs at Charlotte Bobcats Arena tonight, spoke with the Observer recently about his whirlwind success, his anti-fashion attitude, and his current American tour.

Q. So many artists who are huge in England remain underground in the States. What do you think it is about "Back to Bedlam" that won over American audiences? If we knew the answer all the Brits would do it. Perhaps it's that my songs are about shared human emotions. Whether race, religion, color or creed, we still live on this planet. We have the same hopes and fears and are just trying to get by and survive. My songs focus on the human condition, not where I was born or localized issues. Hopefully things all humans can relate to.

Q. You went from war-torn Kosovo to pop superstardom. Does that give you a unique perspective on fame? I dealt (with) life and death issues at the time. If anyone obsesses about what I'm wearing, that doesn't seem that relevant to me. Perhaps for that reason it gives me that kind of perspective. Music is great fun. It's there to connect with people. As an industry it can have its downside. Songs can affect people and change the world for better or worse.

Q. Speaking of what you're wearing, I hear that you pay little attention to fashion, which seems to be synonymous with pop music lately. I own three pairs of jeans. I think I have three pairs of shoes. I think I have 10 T-shirts all given me by a friend of mine who makes shirts. No stylist needed. I'm pretty good at washing my hair. I'm comfortable as I am. Music doesn't need to be dressed up.

Q. How does the tour differ from "Back to Bedlam?" I have a (5-piece) band (including Blunt) that I've toured with for two years now. They bring a grit to it that wasn't on "Back to Bedlam." I'm doing some new material that I've been writing on the way.

Q. Will you put those on your next album? If you like them enough, I'll put them on.

Q. Are you worried about having to follow up such a successful debut? It won't be stressful at all. I do music because I love doing it.

Q. The single and album really jettisoned you into the mainstream. How are you handling it? I guess humans are pretty flexible. I got used to it really quickly. I just do what I've always done. Of course the audiences are getting bigger. My job hasn't really changed. We just hit the road in a very smelly tour bus.

James Blunt

WHEN: 8 tonight.

WHERE: Charlotte Bobcats Arena, 333 E. Trade St.

TICKETS: : $25 to $50.

DETAILS: 800-495-2295; http://www.charlottebobcatsarena.com.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/observer/living/religion/15757477.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Blunt modest about 'Beautiful' success

blunt2.jpg

He's one of the top-selling recording artists of the year, a huge star around the globe, a multiple award-winner and the boyfriend of a supermodel.

And James Blunt seems genuinely grateful for all of it.

"The whole journey has been pretty phenomenal," the soft-spoken singer said during a recent stop in Toronto. "I think I'm still probably in a state of shock.

"I do music around the world and I never thought I'd be even saying those words. So I'm just really lucky."

You almost want to forgive him for giving us the ubiquitous hit of the year, You're Beautiful.

An army brat, he was born James Hillier Blount 32 years ago in the small English town of Tidworth. After bouncing between schools, he landed at Bristol University as a guest of the army - then studied at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst.

Blunt was made an officer in the Life Guards regiment of the British army. After rising to the rank of captain, he was deployed to Bosnia and Kosovo, where he served as an armoured reconnaissance officer in the NATO peacekeeping force.

The experience inspired him to pen No Bravery, a song that appears on Blunt's debut album. "Brothers lie in shallow graves / Fathers lost without a trace / A nation blind to their disgrace," he sings.

It took some time for Blunt's debut effort to catch on, particularly in North America. The first single in the U.K., High, didn't even crack the Top 100 singles chart until it was used in an Italian cellphone commercial. The followup, Wisemen, peaked at No. 44 in the UK.

Blunt's breakout was You're Beautiful, which hit the top spot at home in just six weeks. The track helped propel Back to Bedlam to the top of the albums charts, knocking off Coldplay. In North America, You're Beautiful was released as the first single in late 2005 and quickly shot to No. 1.

Blunt became the first British artist to top the U.S. singles chart since Elton John in 1997.

You're Beautiful, which Blunt says is based on seeing an ex-girlfriend at a subway station with another man, has spawned a number of parodies, including You're Pitiful by Weird Al Yankovic.

Of course, popularity breeds contempt. A poll earlier this year listed Blunt as the fourth most annoying thing in the U.K. -- in the same company as phone solicitors, line-jumpers and caravans (small trailers that slow traffic on British highways). This month, the BBC reported that Blunt's Goodbye My Lover was the most requested song at funerals and memorials.

Blunt has accepted that fame means a lack of privacy, though he's careful to keep his private life private. (Questions about his relationship with Czech model Petra Nemcova are off limits.)

"People spotting me in the street and saying 'hi' is no bad thing," he says of being recognized almost everywhere he goes. He's less kind to professional shutterbugs. "Paparazzi are more like peeping toms, except now we pay them. They were probably very sorry perverts back in their time."

Blunt has already written some tracks for the sophomore album, some of which he is previewing for audiences on his current tour, which stops at Rexall Place on Thursday.

"It's going to be really miserable, the second one," he quips (we think), adding he's not feeling any pressure.

"My ambition was to make the first album something that I really enjoyed myself and I hoped that a few people would like it so I could make a second. I'll go out and make a second that I really enjoy and that's my focus rather than worrying too much about what other people think.

"And also I've been really lucky because I don't have to worry too much about holding on to a record deal now and so the pressure's off, and I can do music because I enjoy music, for the pleasure of it."

http://www.canada.com

CONCERT PREVIEW

James Blunt

When: Thursday night at 7:30

Where: Rexall Place

Tickets: Ticketmaster, 451-8000

http://www.canada.com/cityguides/edmonton/story.html?id=1c098310-6ab6-47a1-883b-c0d8a52ebcd8&k=5440

Looking for a Beautiful followup

James Blunt previews new tracks, but he's not trying to prove anything

petra.jpg

IN CONCERT

James Blunt

Where: GM Place

When: Sunday night at 7:30

Tickets: $42.50 and $55 at Ticketmaster

- - -

He's one of the top-selling recording artists of the year, a huge star around the globe, a multiple award-winner and the boyfriend of a supermodel.

And James Blunt seems genuinely grateful for all of it.

"The whole journey has been pretty phenomenal," the soft-spoken singer said during a recent stop in Toronto. "I think I'm still probably in a state of shock.

"I do music around the world and I never thought I'd be even saying those words. So I'm just really lucky."

You almost want to forgive him for giving us the ubiquitous hit of the year, "You're Beautiful."

An army brat, he was born James Hillier Blount 32 years ago in the small English town of Tidworth. After bouncing between schools, he landed at Bristol University as a guest of the army -- then studied at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst.

Blunt was made an officer in the Life Guards regiment of the British army. After rising to the rank of captain, he was deployed to Bosnia and Kosovo, where he served as an armoured reconnaissance officer in the NATO peacekeeping force.

The experience inspired him to pen "No Bravery," a song that appears on Blunt's debut album. "Brothers lie in shallow graves/Fathers lost without a trace/A nation blind to their disgrace," he sings.

It took some time for Blunt's debut effort to catch on, particularly in North America. The first single in the U.K., "High," didn't even crack the Top 100 singles chart until it was used in an Italian cellphone commercial. The followup, "Wisemen," peaked at No. 44 in the U.K.

Blunt's breakout was "You're Beautiful," which hit the top spot at home in just six weeks. The track helped propel Back to Bedlam to the top of the album charts, knocking off Coldplay. In North America, "You're Beautiful" was released as the first single in late 2005 and quickly shot to No. 1.

Blunt became the first British artist to top the U.S. singles chart since Elton John in 1997.

"You're Beautiful," which Blunt says is based on seeing an ex-girlfriend at a subway station with another man, has spawned a number of parodies, including "You're Pitiful" by Weird Al Yankovic.

Of course, popularity breeds contempt. A poll earlier this year listed Blunt as the fourth most annoying thing in the U.K. -- in the same company as phone solicitors, line-jumpers and caravans (small trailers that slow traffic on British highways). This month, the BBC reported that Blunt's "Goodbye My Lover" was the most requested song at funerals and memorials.

Blunt has accepted that fame means a lack of privacy, though he's careful to keep his private life private. (Questions about his relationship with Czech model Petra Nemcova are off-limits.)

"People spotting me in the street and saying 'Hi' is no bad thing," he says of being recognized almost everywhere he goes. He's less kind to professional shutterbugs. "Paparazzi are more like peeping Toms, except now we pay them. They were probably very sorry perverts back in their time."

Blunt has already written some tracks for the sophomore album, some of which he is previewing for audiences on his current tour, which stops in Vancouver Sunday.

"It's going to be really miserable, the second one," he quips (we think), adding he's not feeling any pressure.

"My ambition was to make the first album something that I really enjoyed myself and I hoped that a few people would like it so I could make a second. I'll go out and make a second that I really enjoy and that's my focus rather than worrying too much about what other people think.

"And also I've been really lucky because I don't have to worry too much about holding on to a record deal now and so the pressure's off, and I can do music because I enjoy music, for the pleasure of it."

http://www.canada.com/cityguides/vancouver/story.html?id=1ae0c3a2-0e09-4e9a-87b5-c8628368fb58&k=11621&p=2