✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

James Blunt ~ Official Thread

corgi1998

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

though i don't like him at all, especially for his lyrics, actually he's got a point there... those who don't like his music, listen to anything else! it's simple. fortunately we live in a free world and there's music for all of us!

A second rate David Gray' date=' as I like David Gray I should like James Blunt really. I just can't stand his songs, I feel sorry for every bloke that gets dragged along to his concerts by their Girlfriends.[/quote']

Once again you're spot on, "Faceman". I think David Gray's great, while JB most definitely isn't.

How can JB defend the undefendable??:confused:

though i don't like him at all' date=' especially for his lyrics, actually he's got a point there... those who don't like his music, listen to anything else! it's simple. fortunately we live in a free world and there's music for all of us![/quote']

Yes - even for saps!!:P

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Personally I agree with Ondes on this, Blunt is poor at best. A second rate David Gray/Jeff Buckley. Then again I think that Chris Martin is a second rate Jeff Buckley, not that I'm trying to piss anyone off by saying that, it's just my opinion. Buckley is a talent that will never be bettered in this, or the next lifetime. Go on you can start slagging me off now.

comparing Chris Martin to Jeff Buckley is ridiculous (at least now). Jeff's music writing is amazing, Chris stopped somewhere and doesn't progress (an opinion from a Coldplay fan so don't fucking blame me, CP fans). though i still think CM can write beatiful lyrics, but it will be hard to reach Jeff's level for him. Coldplay's music is more based on sound than on lyrics in my opinion.

comparing Chris Martin to Jeff Buckley is ridiculous (at least now). Jeff's music writing is amazing' date=' Chris stopped somewhere and doesn't progress (an opinion from a Coldplay fan so don't fucking blame me, CP fans). though i still think CM can write beatiful lyrics, but it will be hard to reach Jeff's level for him. Coldplay's music is more based on sound than on lyrics in my opinion.[/quote']

Valid point, lets face it no-one will match Buckley lyrically and I don't think Chris Martin has any intention of even trying.

comparing Chris Martin to Jeff Buckley is ridiculous (at least now). Jeff's music writing is amazing' date=' Chris stopped somewhere and doesn't progress (an opinion from a Coldplay fan so don't fucking blame me, CP fans). though i still think CM can write beatiful lyrics, but it will be hard to reach Jeff's level for him. Coldplay's music is more based on sound than on lyrics in my opinion.[/quote']

That's one of the main reasons I like CP - the sound!!:cool:

Valid point' date=' lets face it no-one will match Buckley lyrically and I don't think Chris Martin has any intention of even trying.[/quote']

Thom Yorke would be another one, but he writes more about his political and economical views, so it would be difficult to compare them to each other.

i think Elliott Smith would be compatible

That's one of the main reasons I like CP - the sound!!:cool:

yeah...i have to agree. though X&Y was a bit confusing :confused: SOS sounds like Clocks, THP like most of REM songs etc...where's the originality?

to be honest i missed that lovely melody from X&Y, i think that's why it's my least favourite Coldplay album

Maybe so, but Buckley hated his own lyrics. Thom Yorke, in my opinion is the only songwriter that comes close to Jeff Buckley's level. Realistically Yorke writes more intrelligent lyrics and also has the voice. Buckley thought that his own lyrics were corny (his opinion, not mine).

yeah...i have to agree. though X&Y was a bit confusing :confused: SOS sounds like Clocks, THP like most of REM songs etc...where's the originality?

to be honest i missed that lovely melody from X&Y, i think that's why it's my least favourite Coldplay album

I love the way "Talk" builds, though - and its guitar break.

What "image" is that? I think Blunt revells in the fact that his fan base is mainly middle-aged housewives. He certainly plays on it. The only "performer" I have more disdain for is Robbie Williams. Liam Gallagher had it spot on, he's nothing but a fat dancer from Stoke.