✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

***The official "Editors" thread***

badlydrawngirl

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah man i just got this album after hearing their new single, and its a real worthy buy. I would say its better than their first album, which i couldn't really get into. Apart from the last two songs, the album is really upbeat. Overall, i'll give it an 8/10.

Depending on the venue & ticket company you use, the tickets could be delivered the next week ranging up-to 5 days before the gig.

My Muse tickets didn't come until the Friday before the Sunday gig, don't worry about it until 7 days before the gig.

Banner.jpg

End300.jpg

Hi David,

We are pleased to confirm that the next Editors single will be album title track

An End Has A Start. The release will be available on CD, 2 x 7" vinyl and download from 3rd September. More news and pre-order information to follow.

NEW FOOTAGE

For the next few days you can listen back to Editors iTunes Festival performance at the ICA, which was broadcast live by XFM last Wednesday. Click here to listen.

* Please note Windows XP users must list XFM as a "trusted site" in order for the streaming to work.

An interview with the band from the night will be broadcast on T4 tomorrow (Saturday) at 9:25am.

Also click here to watch some brilliant footage from the band's T In The Park appearance.

More updates to follow shortly,

Editorsofficial

The Editors | An End Has a Start (Epic Records)

ralbum_editors.jpg

Brit post-punk revivalists the Editors continue what they started on their 2005 hit debut "The Back Room" with "An End Has a Start." The Birmingham group still borrows freely from the ‘80s playbook (Joy Division, Echo and the Bunnymen) with dancey, angular pop-rock, but they're beginning to expand their musical palette with a heavy dose of piano throughout.

There’s a bevy of backup singers on the soaring opener "Smokers Outside the Hospital Doors,” while “The Weight of the World" kicks off with a "Be My Baby" beat, then segues into gloomy guitar-rock that approaches Coldplay-style bombast. "Push Your Head Towards the Air" likewise yearns for an arena-sized sing-along.

Singer Tom Smith's deep, detached vocals are always front-and-center, especially on the disc's closing number, the self-serious piano-and-strings ballad "Well Worn Hand." It's a strange way to end an otherwise primarily upbeat collection, but it illustrates the idea that the Editors seem to be after mainstream U.S. acceptance.

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117934202.html?categoryid=2184&cs=1

Editors aims for front page

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Editors frontman Tom Smith contemplates the huge anticipation surrounding the British band's imminent sophomore set, "An End Has a Start," and shivers. "I get nervous thinking about it," he says.

No one else around the band seems concerned, however. Editors' debut, "The Back Room," was a slow-burn success in the United Kingdom after its bow in 2005. It's certified platinum, with total British shipments of 450,000, according to Rob Whitaker, who co-manages the band for Zoot Music.

Whitaker says expectations for the follow-up -- released June 25 in the UK, two days after a high-profile appearance at the Glastonbury Festival, and set to bow July 17 in the United States -- are even higher.

"The shipment on the new record is Sony's biggest of the year" in the United Kingdom, he says. "They're looking at about 170,000."

That's in contrast to the steady progress of "The Back Room," which earned comparisons to gloomy post-punk bands Joy Division and Echo & the Bunnymen, spawned several hit singles and was nominated for the 2006 Nationwide Mercury Prize.

Since its U.S. release in March 2006 via Fader/Epic, "The Back Room" has sold 47,000 units, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

First single "Smokers Outside the Hospital Doors" became the band's first commercially available single June 26 in the States, with a three-track EP of album songs available via iTunes.

The next single, "An End Has a Start," will coincide with a monthlong American tour in September.

But it's another potential single, "The Weight of the World," that might prove to be the most important, as it signifies a move toward the expansive, emotive sound of Coldplay.

Smith is happy enough to be compared to the biggest UK band of recent years, although he was more excited that R.E.M.'s Peter Buck turned up to watch the band perform at a Seattle in-store during the last album campaign.

"It is big guitar music," Smith says of the new album. "I like Coldplay -- 'A Rush of Blood to the Head' is a great record. But if I wanted to (pick) a record that we're trying to emulate, we're trying to make our 'Automatic for the People' or our 'The Bends,"' he says, referring to albums by R.E.M. and Radiohead, respectively. "That's what we aim to do."

Reuters/Billboard

Music Review: Editors Brighten It Up

Editors, "An End Has A Start" (Epic/Kitchenware Records/Fader)

Like most post-punk revivalists, Editors often draw comparisons to genre stalwarts such as Joy Division and early Echo and the Bunnymen.

But the British quartet, who depicted a dark, industrialized image of their life in native Birmingham on 2005's "The Back Room," make an ambitious attempt to stand out from the pack on their sophomore effort, "An End Has A Start."

Without forsaking the goth vibe, propelled by frontman Tom Smith's deep baritone, the band shines more light on their songwriting — relying on piano and synthesizer arrangements to heighten the guitar punch.

Russell Leetch (bass) and Ed Lay (drums, percussion) keep a simple groove, allowing Chris Urbanowicz to showcase haunting melodies on both lead guitar and synthesizer that function more like muffled screams than overpowering wails.

The 1-2 punch of "Smokers Outside The Hospital Doors" and the outstanding title track set the table nicely before the introspective "The Weight of the World." They decry the everyday grind on a driving "The Racing Rats," lift the spirits with "Push Your Head To The Air," and offer the love-sick "Spiders."

A somewhat lighter side to Editors for sure, but they still lurk near the shadows in all the right spots.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/07/16/entertainment/e095446D74.DTL

Im Herbst kommen die Editors bei uns auf Clubtour. Intro empfiehlt, präsentiert und geht bestimmt geschlossen hin:

02.11. Hamburg, Uebel & Gefährlich

03.11. Berlin, Postbahnhof

07.11. München, Elserhalle

08.11. Köln, Live Music Hall

editors_top.jpg

editors_ps.jpg

SINGLE ARTWORK

Hi David,

As previously announced, the next Editors single will be album title track An End Has A Start. The single will be released on CD, Maxi CD, Numbered Clear 7" in addition to exclusive download versions on September 3rd. See CD artwork above. The CD & 7" features exclusive new track Open Up, the Maxi CD features remixes of An End Has A Start from Jacknife Lee, The Whip and Boom Bip.

VIDEO PREMIER

The video for An End Has A Start will premier on Channel 4 next Thursday (2nd August) at 23:40pm. It will then be available to view on the website from Friday (3rd August).

ITUNES FESTIVAL PERFORMANCE

Editors' performance at the ICA for the iTunes Festival was broadcast at 10am on Channel 4 Friday morning. If you missed it, you can catch the repeat at 11:35pm on Tuesday (31st July).

We'll be in touch again soon,

Editorsofficial.

--------------

Exclusive new track??? :laugh3:

Bought their new album last weekend and after listening to it for a week now I think the album is great! It contains some great songs, although in my opinion the best songs are the first ones! My favourite song so far is "The Weight Of The World". What an anthem!!! :nice:

Smokers outside th hospital doors is such a great track

Ha! There are at least 3 tracks on An End Has A Start which are even BETTER! ;)

The Racing Rats is my fav by the way.

That really should be single, and I think it will be.

Others: title track (which has already been confirmed to be the 2nd single) and ofcourse The Weight Of The World.

Ha! There are at least 3 tracks on An End Has A Start which are even BETTER! ;)

The Racing Rats is my fav by the way.

That really should be single, and I think it will be.

Others: title track (which has already been confirmed to be the 2nd single) and ofcourse The Weight Of The World.

Ive listened to AEHAS already 20 times and smokers is my favourite so far