✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurricane Rita

berrywoman

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heh. please tell me someone else noticed this:

Katrina was a giant mess, so the media and government played up Rita like it was the apocalypse. A giant non-event covered 24 hours/day to try to save face.

five bucks says that the media praises the governments response to Rita, and forgets to talk about how thousands are still homeless, or worse dead, in New Orleans.

oh of course... its already starting with the president....

remember how it took him 4 days to fly over LA and MS.. well this time.. he was all in a rush to go there (TX) yesterday... but they advised him not to.... so he bunkered down in CO at the headquarters.. then first thing today.. he went down to TX to survey the damage.... oooh speedy response I'd say huh... :dozey: has nothing to do with the fact that TX is his home state... nooooooooooooooooooo of course not... :rolleyes: :dozey: or the fact that he needs to wipe his face from the crap job they did with Katrina... noooooooooooooooooooo thats just crazy talk.. :rolleyes: :dozey:

remember how it took him 4 days to fly over LA and MS.. well this time.. he was all in a rush to go there (TX) yesterday... but they advised him not to.... so he bunkered down in CO at the headquarters.. then first thing today.. he went down to TX to survey the damage.... oooh speedy response I'd say huh... :dozey: has nothing to do with the fact that TX is his home state... nooooooooooooooooooo of course not... :rolleyes: :dozey: or the fact that he needs to wipe his face from the crap job they did with Katrina... noooooooooooooooooooo thats just crazy talk.. :rolleyes: :dozey:

Aww... c'mon though. I really hate Bush and his stupid idiocies, but really... I'm really glad he went into TX first thing and not wait a zillion years like with Katrina. He might be doing it because it's his home state, he might be doing it because he messed up big time before, but at least he's doing it - who cares why. I mean, if he took another 4 days, he'd get criticized, and if he got in there real quick like he did he also gets criticized? Lose-lose situation. We should be caring about the people that are gaining from this, and it's really good that things are looking up already.

Now, if another hurricane hits somewhere and he takes another 4 days? I'll be ready to spit fire at him right along with you! :D

r

Aww... c'mon though. I really hate Bush and his stupid idiocies, but really... I'm really glad he went into TX first thing and not wait a zillion years like with Katrina. He might be doing it because it's his home state, he might be doing it because he messed up big time before, but at least he's doing it - who cares why. I mean, if he took another 4 days, he'd get criticized, and if he got in there real quick like he did he also gets criticized? Lose-lose situation. We should be caring about the people that are gaining from this, and it's really good that things are looking up already.

Now, if another hurricane hits somewhere and he takes another 4 days? I'll be ready to spit fire at him right along with you! :D

i'm spiting fire at him already since katrina---his actions during Rita dont deserve no praising---that was his job---if he wants to clear his name and make up for Katrina---he should help all the people who lost their homes and need help

its true, with Rita happening, everybody forgot about his lame job done in katrina---but i dont forget and neither should you (you being everybody)

you're 100% right.... he should've reacted in the same manner for Katrina... but he didn't... which is why his actions this time, come across as false to me... :confused: Its how the rest of the world views it as well... I saw it on the BBC last night... lol

Re: r

i'm spiting fire at him already since katrina---his actions during Rita dont deserve no praising---that was his job---if he wants to clear his name and make up for Katrina---he should help all the people who lost their homes and need help

its true, with Rita happening, everybody forgot about his lame job done in katrina---but i dont forget and neither should you (you being everybody)

But...remember this is Bush we're talking about. If he manages to even save a bird (that by instinct can save himself) we gotta throw a party. The man is simply not smart! It's amazing to me that he managed to pull this one off. I do give him some props, though it is his job as the president, it's not an easy one. Anyone could've failed at it miserably, like he did with Katrina. And you know - miserably failing twice is definitely not unknown for the Bush. We must never underestimate him! :lol:

And who exactly is forgetting about the lame job he did with Katrina so I can go in and personally kick their faces in?! I don't think anyone is forgetting, people are just trying to move on. Katrina is a painful memory on the whole and no one wants to be reliving the thing, especially of how messed up our government is and all the people that died, when you know.. it hurts. A lot. There's a new storm now and it deserves all of our attention as well. Just because Bush and FEMA are doing what's correct now, no one has forgotten about the past. I've been seeing both reactions to the storms being compared in the news, actually. But they usually praise Bush because of his corrected mistakes...which sucks a little. I'd like to see him get bashed. But being realistic, one shouldn't focus on the negatives in that way.

On a lighter note....

bush_worstdisaster.jpg

(It's from Sky News)

I love tv typos! :lol: :happy2: :lol:

Guest LiquidSky

I love how it's all about the gas for some people. !!! this is not necessarily directed at you but to the media as well, but seriously, when you think about all the homes and lives that can potentially be lost, gas prices are the least of our worries. I mean, we're still trying to figure out what to do with the survivors of the last hurricane. Ridiculous

Actually.. Laura..if you don't have gas, there's no way you could get out of the city. Lots of cars (new cars if I may add) where left to the side of the road with things on them because they ran out of gas and there was no gas in most of the stations.. :stunned: and the cars are still there...

well hurricane rita cancelled the show in woodlands

lovely just lovely. wonder what they're gonna do about giving me my refund now. baaaaaaah this sucks. AND i still have class tomorrow

You are kidding me, right? There weren't any schools or unis opened this thursday 'till next thursday of next week and we are barely in Sunday...:dozey:

d

Why do people live in the USA if there's a high chance that their home town/city could be hit by a hurricane? :rolleyes:

its only in certain parts of the country that its hurricane dangerous----but, i guess its hard to move for alot of the people because that place is your home, is your neighborhood, they have their houses there and their work---its hard to move somewhere new

me, i live in a high possibility for earthquake zone----if the big one comes, could be really catastrophic----yet we own our house here, i go to school here, i have my life here so its hard to move

Why do people live in the USA if there's a high chance that their home town/city could be hit by a hurricane? :rolleyes:

Why do people live anywhere in the world? There's risks wherever you live. Often people who live in high risk areas were born there and haven't the money or inclination to pack up and leave.

why try to live at all if there's a high chance (100% actually) that you're going to die?

I live in Hurricane country. There is a chance of a natural disaster happening all over the world. You can't spend your time worrying about it.

Guest LiquidSky
^i agree - everybody has to be somewhere. whether it is natural disaster' date=' bad climate, political unrest, or other evils, everyplace has its troubles. :/[/quote']

Sadly, you can run, but you can't hide... at least not forever.. :/

^i agree - everybody has to be somewhere. whether it is natural disaster' date=' bad climate, political unrest, or other evils, everyplace has its troubles. :/[/quote']

Sadly, you can run, but you can't hide... at least not forever.. :/

true. we cant hide or run from mother nature. its how the world works, there has been and always will be things like hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanoes and other stuff.

I live in Hurricane country. There is a chance of a natural disaster happening all over the world. You can't spend your time worrying about it.

And that goes for potential terrorist attacks, too!