✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Australian fans ;) and New Zealanders? :D

bonnie2789

It was so obvious that the dentist has favourites, my sister apparently needed nothing done (though she eats as much candy as me!) :angry:

:lol: Apparently... Did you ask her for her secret? :sneaky:

Nah, won't throw rotten fruit at you, too cliche... :rolleyes:

:idea2: But I've something even more cliche... rotten eggs! :D

*throws rotten eggs* :evil:

:vanish: *hides* :disguise:

Since you're "lazy as a couch potato", I figure i'd give you good practice so eventually you'll be able to "fly like a butterfly and sting like a bee" :lol: (It's usually Mohammad btw, although Mohammed / Mohamad etc is common enough. Over here they even abbreviate it --> Mohd.) But I guess I'll give you a break since you've had a tough exam and all, you poor thing... Hope everything else went well :nice: It is good to have you back :D

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havn't seen them yet(Architecture in Helsinki), i am going to see them along with Pitching Woo on the 9th December in Bendigo! going to be an awesome night... aparently every band playing (5 bands) have completely dif sounding music! i've heard Architecture in Helsinki are tight! and so are Pitching Woo! exciting!

sorry i didn't reply kakita! i havm't been online since! well seeing as you've missed the Rob Roy gig, there's one on the 23rd Dec @ Ruby's Lounge in Belgrave, 9:30pm if ya still interested. Pitching Woo are supporting Josh Owen Band + Lloyed Speigel!

if i were to discride music it would be a mix between, Elbow, Portishead, Brian Eno, Mogwai and U2 (similar guitar style) *OR* you could listen to the MP3 tracks on their website to hear yourself what they sound like (tho the Mp3's don't give them justice)!

^ no prob perfectangel, cheers for the info they sound pretty rad ill definitly check out their site!

gentleparachute, :lol: how have you been Ai? oh oh guess what you know that band H.I.M i used to have on my siggy well they're coming to Australia !!! yes! i am going to invite a big group cause the fans scare me and i want protection :anxious: :lol: only prob is most of my friends like pop hmmm....

Kekita good for you! :lol: maybe you could employ some bouncers :sneaky: I'm sure that'd keep everyone at bay :P Btw, like your new av, it's pretty surreal...

---

Now who here can give me some cricket education? Tell me what innings and wickets and runs etc are all about cuz I've no clue at all :rolleyes: I figure I'd better get to know at least something about Australia's national past-time lest I get boo-ed for knowing zilch about this boring-as-hell game :P

The Object of a one day game is to get as many runs as possible in 50 overs,which is bowled an over at a time,generally bowlers take turns every couple of overs.

Wickets are how many players they have before they are all out

Then you've got the test's were they usually play over 5 days and the team that get's the highest number of runs over the 5 days wins.

Innings refer to the times the team comes on to play,eg Australia are on the second innings.......hope that helps a bit.........btw it's not boring at all!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot Rick... That really helps. At least now I can look at cricket news and not go :huh: through it all.

So just to summarise, the number of overs is already pre-set for each test series (i.e. usually it's 50 x 5 days =250), and there are two bowlers per team who alternate every 2 bowls (i.e. overs) right?

Wickets are how many players they have before they are all out
Btw, there are only 2 teams right? If so how do the wickets and the innings come in? Is it that at any one stage, the batting team has __ wickets left; and if the whole team have already been bowled out twice then they're at 3rd innings?

Yeah, I realised a while back that cricket's not boring at all after watching Bend It Like Beckham (how that is, go figure :rolleyes: :lol:) though I still have no clue at all how it's played. At least now it's all making a bit more sense :D thanks Rick

Yes there are only two teams!!! one is batting and the other will be fielding/bowling :D

no there is no pre-set number of overs in test series,only the one-day games have a set number of overs.....

at the start they have 10 wickets,and in a test series they continue play until all wickets have been lost......then the other team will be on bat......and so on....that refeers to innings!!!!

^ thanks Rick cause i'm also clueless :lol: i watched the bollywood film Lagaan wich helped me understand that if the ball goes over the outer most boundary you get six points :rolleyes:

Kekita good for you! maybe you could employ some bouncers I'm sure that'd keep everyone at bay Btw, like your new av, it's pretty surreal...

bouncers :idea2:

yeah my avi is the CD cover of Wolfmother, an Australian band i didn't get to see live tickets were sold out :cry:

got the CD - its awesome! very 70s sounding think Led Zepplin, the Doors and Jimi Hendrix. My siggy is a pic of the lead singer, talk to you soon :kiss:

wow perfectangel maybe the guitar player have some sort of telepathic connection thing going on :lol: cheers once again for the music ;)