🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Frames / The Swell Season / Once

::Hayley::

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They didn't give much detail on The Frames official board, so I want to know if it's a concert from their first album or of it has a good amount of Strict Joy material. Also what Frames songs are on it if any? If it has Fitzcarraldo it'll be worth buying no matter what else.

So who here has the Strict Joy DVD? I got the standard album and I'm wondering what the DVD contains.

I've got it, and up until tonight, I'd only seen the first 10 minutes. Your post inspired me to sit down and finally watch the whole thing. It's lovely, amazing and every other wonderful adjective you'd think. Several complete live performances, and lots of really cool behind the scenes stuff- Glen and Mar talking about recording the album, Glen talking about his guitar, Glen and Mar in the process of writing Low Rising, etc. The live performances are:

Say It To Me Now (Glen unplugged)

All The Way Down (w/ Mar on lead vocals)

a short snippet of Star Star

When Your Mind's Made Up

Lay Me Down (Glen solo- this one was new to me; it's absolutely gorgeous)

Falling Slowly (w/ choir)

cover of the Pixies' Gigantic (w/ choir) this one was awesome, but the mom in me kept thinking how wholly inappropriate it was to sing with 13 year olds! :P

I Have Loved You Wrong

Fitzcarraldo (!)

Once

Loved, loved it. Will definitely watch it again. The interviews and backstage video of Glen and Mar were all fantastic. I'd recommend picking it up if you can. And I apologize, but I've no idea how to upload something like that. :(

I've got it, and up until tonight, I'd only seen the first 10 minutes. Your post inspired me to sit down and finally watch the whole thing. It's lovely, amazing and every other wonderful adjective you'd think. Several complete live performances, and lots of really cool behind the scenes stuff- Glen and Mar talking about recording the album, Glen talking about his guitar, Glen and Mar in the process of writing Low Rising, etc. The live performances are:

Say It To Me Now (Glen unplugged)

All The Way Down (w/ Mar on lead vocals)

a short snippet of Star Star

When Your Mind's Made Up

Lay Me Down (Glen solo- this one was new to me; it's absolutely gorgeous)

cover of the Pixies' Gigantic (w/ choir) this one was awesome, but the mom in me kept thinking how wholly inappropriate it was to sing with 13 year olds! :P

I Have Loved You Wrong

Fitzcarraldo (!)

Once

Loved, loved it. Will definitely watch it again. The interviews and backstage video of Glen and Mar were all fantastic. I'd recommend picking it up if you can. And I apologize, but I've no idea how to upload something like that. :(

Thanks for the info (Fitz!)

And yes Lay Me Down is an amazing Frames tune that sounds great acoustically.

:shocked3:

Definately gonna try get my dad to buy this for my birthday :P

This almost made me cry, it's insane how lovely it sounds!

You guys should definitely buy the Deluxe Edition, it's amaaaazing!

Nick, it also contains a live CD, and Fitzcarraldo is there too!

I only got to meet Glen. Marketa didn't show up.

I get the impression that although they play music together they are quite distant. They didn't seem to really have much contact with each other during the show.

still... it was a hell of a show! If any of you have second thoughts, think nothing of it and just go... your mind will be blown! :D