✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Elliott Smith

God

XO and Either/Or are easily his best albums. which is better hard to say, they are different and it's hard to compare them. they are both close to perfect. FABOTH is 3rd. it has some one of the best moments in Elliott's career, but also leaves a feeling that something's missing (probably he'd make a better album if he'd be alive in that time). i like s/t and Figure 8 equally i think. probably, i prefer the s/t. Roman Candle is my least favourite of his albums, but it doesn't mean it's bad.

overally: Either/Or = XO > From A Basement On The Hill > s/t >/= Figure 8 > Roman Candle

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

*bump*

We need more Elliott love here :kiss:

By the way, does anyone know where can I find at least some of perfomances from that memorial concert at the Music Box at the Fonda Theater? The 5th of November, 2003.... Like, Beck or Lou Barlow?....

yeah :P we have the 1998 Oscars on tape and I dug the tape from the closet and watched his performance.. so great..

welI, haven't seen the movie so I don't know if there's other his songs in the movie, but there are Say Yes, Between The Bars, No Name #3 and Angeles on the soundtrack. But not all the songs on the soundtrack are in the movie..

• 2 weeks later...

I had seen ' Lucky 3' in parts... just the guitar solo parts. But not TOGETHER as a whole video. So touching.... when he played Angeles... I don't know how to describe what I felt. But it was perhaps an empty void that tells me

" he will not create anything new...fans can only martyr what we have left of him..."

such a damn shame

Just been listening to Elliott's music these past few days, am too loved filled of him I couldn't help myself from stopping by here to warm this place up.

• 2 weeks later...