• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bump

because Elliott deserves more than he gets from this board

one of my favourite pcitures of him:

gall_20041105003846.jpg

oh my! a sandwhich and and umbrella...you scored.

When I think about his last weeks...well actually months..I think about this interview I heard of him...on a radio station, I really don't remember how I found it...but it was so painful to listen to I didn't even think they would air it. But they did. The radio host was asking him some questions about his life (of course) and every answer was so negative.

Like, the guy asked him about his home town and he says..: I would rather not talk about it (not rude, just real sad-like) and then there was rumors about Elliott leaving the town he was in ..so he asks him why...and Elliott mumbles something about his old gal..and then not being able to talk about it...so sad.

I hate for that to be the first memory to pop into my head, but it was so memorable, that interview.

Several touching images of Elliott Smith.. in and outside of a radio station/studio...

ElliottSmith.byWendyLynch12.jpg

ElliottSmith.2.jpg

ElliottSmith.3.jpg

ElliottSmith.6.jpg

elliottSmith.4.jpg

ElliottSmith.5.jpg

I love these images because he has on his 'I <3 Metal t-shirt ...love it (anyone know where I can get it?) It was taken sometime around an interview. But I don't think that thing scrawled on his arm 'KALI The Destroyer' is a real tattoo....it must just be what looks like India ink...I believe he only had two? One on left arm of a state, and the other of Ferdinand the bull :confused:

This one is etched in my memory because I LOVE his ferdinand tattoo...he is just like ferdinand in this image. Off doing his own thing. Its rare to find images of his tattoos

Elliott%20Smith.byWendyLynch2.jpg

Lovely, lovely Elliott

ElliottSmith.11.jpg

ElliottSmith.7.jpg

image source and really really detailed and intimate interview:

http://www.undertheradarmag.com/es.html

http://www.undertheradarmag.com/issue4/elliottsmith.html

Several touching images of Elliott Smith.. in and outside of a radio station/studio...

ElliottSmith.byWendyLynch12.jpg

ElliottSmith.2.jpg

ElliottSmith.3.jpg

ElliottSmith.6.jpg

elliottSmith.4.jpg

ElliottSmith.5.jpg

I love these images because he has on his 'I <3 Metal t-shirt ...love it (anyone know where I can get it?) It was taken sometime around an interview. But I don't think that thing scrawled on his arm 'KALI The Destroyer' is a real tattoo....it must just be what looks like India ink...I believe he only had two? One on left arm of a state, and the other of Ferdinand the bull :confused:

This one is etched in my memory because I LOVE his ferdinand tattoo...he is just like ferdinand in this image. Off doing his own thing. Its rare to find images of his tattoos

Elliott%20Smith.byWendyLynch2.jpg

Lovely, lovely Elliott

ElliottSmith.11.jpg

ElliottSmith.7.jpg

image source and really really detailed and intimate interview:

http://www.undertheradarmag.com/es.html

http://www.undertheradarmag.com/issue4/elliottsmith.html

thanks for the interview, i've read only a part of it but it seems to be a good one. will check it later ;)

just some lyrics of today's Elliott's morning listening compilation:

"nobody broke your heart, you broke your own because you can’t finish what you start

nobody broke your heart, if you’re alone it must be you that wants to be apart"

"cause you laugh and talk and cause you make my world rock"

"he said really I just wanna dance

good and evil matched perfect it's a great romance

i can deal with some psychic pain

if it'll slow down my higher brain

veins full of disappearing ink

vomiting in the kitchen sink

disconnecting from the missing link"

Suggestion:

I say...in tribute to him... if you have a favorite image of Elliott, which I am positive you do, make if you avatar to celebrate his upcoming birthdate. ( do it around that date.)

August the 6th

It would be a sweet gesture of appreciation, and a way to celebrate the love he gave us via his music. Also, a way to maybe, spread the Elliott love.

Suggestion:

I say...in tribute to him... if you have a favorite image of Elliott, which I am positive you do, make if you avatar to celebrate his upcoming birthdate. ( do it around that date.)

August the 6th

It would be a sweet gesture of appreciation, and a way to celebrate the love he gave us via his music. Also, a way to maybe, spread the Elliott love.

on THIS board???