Kasabian

mia21

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm back home from my trip to Cologne to see Kasabian!!

On the way there I felt sick again... it's getting annoying :angry: but one of the guys I took with me to share petrol costs continued driving while I was shaking on the passenger seat.

Later in the day I was worried if I would be fine during the gig but luckily I was!!

I arrived shortly before the doors opened and there was a long queue in front of me so I thought my chances to get to the front = zero.

But guess what?

These people went to the bar first :lol:

So I was in 2nd row and met some very nice people :nice:

4 Oasis fans from Germany, Ireland and Finland who are seeing Kasabian tonight again!

Before the band came on stage there was a DJ playing songs - I think he was more a comedian :lol: Nobody really knew what to think about him!

(But he was cute :uhoh:)

4055310717_81051fafb8.jpg

Kimmi, I took this pic for you:

The roadie wore a MTV World Stage Malaysia shirt! :kiss:

4055307627_18502df228.jpg

Here is the setlist:

4055294781_7bb4a86641.jpg

I had a great time! Take Aim was one of the many highlights. I couldn't enjoy Fire so much because there were loads of drunk guys pushing behind us... one of them particularly got on my nerves because he wasn't just doing for fun but to annoy people. :dozey:

Vlad was such a great great great encore :dance: :dance: :dance:

The entire flickr album is here.

My favourite pics:

4056042128_9212a54a2c.jpg

4056052568_29f1af8c47.jpg

(Wow, Serge :heart: has looooooong legs!! :wink3:)

4055299289_06e1e36e39.jpg

I'm too tired to write a full review - let me just say that I had a really great time!!

Maybe I'll write more later... at the moment I just want to rest a little before I go to the next concert tomorrow :dance:)

Nice photos and review, according to the setlist the concert must've been brilliant! :)

Did they play "You got the Love" as intro to LSF?

Thanks!

Yes, it was a great concert!

:uhoh: Now you're asking something I can't answer... sorry!! But I can ask the girl I met there - she's a big fan and met the band the day after!

So happy for her!!

OT: One of the girls from Finland was in first row at the Make Trade Fair concert in 2002! :stunned:

• 3 weeks later...

after experiencing watching Kasabian play live 2x in different locations/settings/countries - 1 seated & 1 standing, i have to say that the pit's where it's at to have a fun time at a Kasabian gig....preferably with friends. :D

i found myself in a rather unusual position of having a rather older crowd around me (1 guy behind me was old enough to be my grandfather!) & there was a family (mum, dad + real young kid) in front of me. at one point i was kinda worried i'd be the only loon in the "asylum" standing, dancing & singing when Kasabian came on...which thankfully was not the case! *phew*

but i do also think that Kasabian does seem to attract some of the rougher fans as i could clearly see a number of instances where groups of guys were pushing each other around in the middle of the pit...which from experience tends to spoil the mood for the rest who aren't into the whole pushing mates around thing (what in the world is the point of it even???).

& i am dead chuffed to find that Malaysia was mentioned in their tour program...tho i found the comment about Malaysia incredibly hilarious & i was laughing away in my seat.

"In Malaysia we did this MTV show called World Stage which was mental. They'd done out the studio as a theme park and the stage was in an emptied out swimming pool. We were playing with loads of bizarre American bands. We started with 'Vlad'. I really don't know what they made of it. It felt a bit like that scene in Back To the Future when Marty McFly plays 'Johnny B. Goode'. 'In twenty years time, that will make a lot more sense.'"

loved the whole "lunatic asylum" theme at Wembley Arena & all the roadies + the DJ were all wearing lab coats with the guy playing trumpets for certain tracks playing in asylum-issue jammies too. :lol:

tho the stage seemed kinda massive, given that the band were mostly playing on the inner half of the stage behind a giant video frame setup.

& after all the whispers among the crowd that Noel Gallagher was going to make a surprise appearance, Noel did appear...but it was Noel Fielding of the Mighty Boosh in full Vlad get-up complete with impaling stick!!! now THAT was a great surprise!!! :D

the blue/red/silver confetti closer at the end of L.S.F. was mesmerising...tho not special, after Coldplay's confetti butterflies. more memorable was the entire Wembley Arena crowd singing the L.S.F. chant as we left & even all the way to the tube station & then even on the train towards Baker Street station!!! :D :D :D

& bloody hell!!! Fast Fuse & Stuntman live are fucking (sorry, affected by all the expletives used throughout the gig) awesome!!! i SO SO SO love those songs even more now!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

yeah, but nothing fantastic...will upload them shortly. i was much closer to the stage at MTV World Stage than for Wembley Arena. :disappointed:

& i note that Tom has cut his hair yet again. i kinda prefer his Inglorious Basterds style better, but this still beats that long hair Kurt Cobain style he had earlier. :P

& here's some of the better shots i managed to take :

4111038022_9f17de5265.jpg

nothing special here...i just thought it was interesting that they were screening all these random info about lunatics/asylums just before the band came on

4111038306_d27b7e1fcf.jpg

Wembley Arena's an asylum for the wk/end, so the roadies get to be the medical staff... :P

4111038410_824165b627.jpg

gotta love Tom & his rock star poses the moment he comes on...they opened with Julie & The Mothman at Wembley. great choice to get the mood going (it was my 1st time hearing it...but it rocks big time with Chris' bass thumping away!!!) :D

& is it just my poor eyesight or does Ian's drum read "The Luna Boys"?

4110278317_56c45b5bf0.jpg

4111040786_bf823c49c4.jpg

4110279131_5c356d35af.jpg

(failed) attempt at a Tom & Serge bromance shot... ;)

4110280667_a646c4c8b4.jpg

Noel Fielding in the house...kicking out Vlad goodies to the pit people!

4111044724_a4f77da798.jpg

someone near me commented that when the confetti blasted out, it looked like Christmas... :D

thanks guys.

but Anna, your Cologne shots were way better despite the smaller stage, imo. ;)

& i agree, that frame design for the stage is quite cool. & it's cooler when Tom jumps out from "behind" the frame during Julie & the Moth Man. seems like he's jumping out from a painting.

tho it's a shame they mostly stay behind that frame most of the concert. there's a whole other half of the stage unused.

squareone13 : there was another bromance shot i took that looked even more bromance-y...but it was all blurry. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Tom & Jay were on with Lauren Laverne on BBC6 Music earlier in the week (Serge was ill in bed...bless him)

You can still listen again for another 2 days (in you're in UK) or just see the photies of Tom in a tight tight tight white polo neck shirt :sweatdrop:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00p7phl#synopsis

They played acoustic versions of Underdog and Thick as Thieves (or Fick as Fieves as Tom calls it ;)) - I have rips if anyone wants....