✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kasabian

mia21

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll see if I can find where I d/loaded from, or I'll up it to mediafire for ya :D

Found this Tom quote from an article Best albums of 2009 – chosen by the stars

Tom Meighan (Kasabian)

"Invaders Must Die by the Prodigy. It's a spectacular comeback with a bit of the old Prodigy, plus this funky punk-fusion vibe. It hits you hard and it's something only the Prodigy and Aphex Twin can do. We play it in our dressing room to get revved-up before going on stage. It makes you feel like you're going into a boxing match."

I don't like The Prodigy but it does seem like the perfect stuff to get them fired up for a gig :)

iTunes Live[/url]

That's actually a pretty good site for Kasabian shit :D

oh, yeah...that site's got some good shite. i got the rocking Julie & The Mothman track from there... :D

& based on that quote you posted + what i read in Q magazine (the Artistes of the Decade issue), i'd say Tom seems to be the one who's into all the hip hop & dance music stuff while Serge is into the rock & roll music. nice balance...it's like a yin & yang of musical influences.

here's an interview Tom & Serge did when they were in Malaysia...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNdSlmmJEWU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNdSlmmJEWU[/ame]

...the interviewer's pretty annoying tho (imo). i felt like smacking him (if i could) & saying "stop embarassing us Malaysians with that sad excuse of a frigging Northern accent in front of Tom & Serge! you can't even pull it off to begin with!"...frigging embarrassing how he's trying SO hard with the accent. & Serge's joke seems to have flown right over his head too. :dozey:

i'm fairly sure he was faking the accent...for whatever odd reason that compelled him to do it. i can only guess what Tom & Serge thought of his lame attempt at being all cool & tough like them. :P

not sure if everyone can view them, but here's a couple of behind-the-scences videos posted on FB in Kasabian's page...

Kasabian – November 2009 Tour – First Gig [HQ]

Tom before the band’s first gig of the tour…it’s only the greatest show on earth!

Kasabian – November 2009 Tour – Aftershow [HQ]

This is what it’s like after backstage after a Kasabian show…

i think the 2nd vid's from the Wembley Arena gig, but i'm not sure if it's the day i went. tho all those people singing the LSF chant after the gig is mighty familiar. everyone was singing it everywhere you looked/turned inside & outside Wembley Arena & all the way to the Tube station even! :D

lol those are hilarious Kim, thanks for posting. I was in a bit of a bad mood before but giggling away to them vids has cheered me up no end :D I love watching Serge try to explain the concept behind things cos he just talks utter bollocks haha

I seriously LOLLed at Serge's "Holy Fuck" & at Tom in the bathroom banging on about Michael Jackson's rocket launcher (haha he's such a child!) & admiringhis own biceps in the dressing room (:dead:) & Chris saying "It's a bit mental" :lol:

And Tom with the scarf round his head...yum! :sweatdrop:

S'caps....

Tom

tomtour01.jpg

tomtour02.jpg

tomtour03.jpg

tomtour04.jpg

Sergio

sergetour01.jpg

sergetour02.jpg

sergetour03.jpg

sergetour04.jpg

Vlad is to be released as an official single - 15th Feb. Greg James played it on radio 1 today cos it's his record of the week and also played a bonkers little jingle from Kasabian to go with it. It's freaking crazy! I ripped it, if anyone wants....:uhoh: feels like I talk to myself a lot in this thread....

hellooooo...helllooo... :P

:curtain: I've just been lurking in the past weeks :embarassed:

But I'd love to hear that Radio 1 jingle thing! :kiss:

I second that entire post :embarassed: :P

But great choice for the next single, it's one of my favourites from the album!

Yeah I agree with that single. When it was given away as a free download so long ago I was a bit skeptic, the track didn't make much sense, but now I am really excited to see it live in a couple of weeks.

As for Julie and the Moth Man, what a tune. I am kind of bummed it wasn't on the album. But I see they are using it as a setlist opener for their live shows.. can anyone verify this? It seems a bit odd to be using that, a b-side, rather than underdog which would have made much more sense. Oh, and the tour edition of the album has Julie and the moth man as an extra track. I'd be more inclined to get the Underdog 7" to be honest... It's a great primal-scream-esque track, and a great indication of where they may go for the next album!

As for Julie and the Moth Man, what a tune. I am kind of bummed it wasn't on the album. But I see they are using it as a setlist opener for their live shows.. can anyone verify this?
Hi!

At least they played it at the small gig I was at in October:

4055294781_7bb4a86641.jpg

Don't know if it's still like this... :shrug:

I haven't visited their forum for ages. :uhoh:

EDIT:

That girl screaming in the video you posted is annoying!!

Vlad is to be released as an official single - 15th Feb. Greg James played it on radio 1 today cos it's his record of the week and also played a bonkers little jingle from Kasabian to go with it. It's freaking crazy! I ripped it, if anyone wants....:uhoh: feels like I talk to myself a lot in this thread....

awww...poor you... :hug:

& i would love to hear that jingle too. :D

great news about Vlad coming out as a single...& on the day after Valentine's Day. haha really love that song! especially the call to "get loose!". just love hopping around to Vlad, basically.

but have to also say that Julie & the Mothman is up there too on my fave Kasabian tracks. i agree with tauwi that it's kinda out-of-the-norm that they chose to open with a B-Side, but then that track made for quite a rocking opener at Wembley Arena (setlist here for anyone interested)...it's got a good build-up. & i'm also left wondering why it was relegated to be just a B-Side track for Underdog.

(edit : oh, & i agree with Anna...that screaming girl(s?) in the video's pretty annoying...)

btw, they opened at MTV World Stage in Malaysia with Vlad...so i think they mix it up for the opening track once in a while.

I want a 5-minute-video of Noel Fielding running around and killing people :laugh3:

Greg James/Kasabian jingle[/url]

and I like the sound of a tour version of the album, but can't find anything with Mothman on it :\ I do like the look of the Limited Edition release with the dvd...may have to treat myself on payday :thumbsup:

oh and yay! for all you de-lurked Kasabian fans :dance:

yay!!! thanks a lot!!! :D

i detect strains of Vlad in that jingle...but who's distorted voice is it on it tho? heh

I don't think it's Serge's voice, so I can only guess it's Tom doing a mighty fine metal-head vocal there :laugh3: Maybe it's a hint of the direction they're gonna take for the next ("grunge-inspired") album ;)

I've been trying decipher the lyrics: It's something about Greg James and then possibly 'this summer live on Radio 1' (?), then he says something like "We're gonna get big enough that there's not gonna be enough roooooom, for anybody else but me and all the yorkshire terriers" Mental... :D I love it.