Kasabian

mia21

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone heard the album yet? (It's all up on their myspace right now if you haven't.) Any thoughts?

I love it. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: At least one clunker of a song, but most of the rest are epic. I especially love "where did all the love go" and "secret alphabets".

Oh, and Vlad the Impaler is now my single most listened to song on my mp3 player at a whopping 34 plays... :uhoh2::inquisitive:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Underdog & Where Did All The Love Go acoustic :heart:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3fnDeTgScI]YouTube - Kasabian in exclusive acoustic session on The Beat at the BBC[/ame]

Heard on the radio today that Tom's had a haircut, so that's good news - he looks loads better with shorter hair...:D

• 1 month later...
Kasabian on the Live Lounge tour have been brilliant today :heart: They're hilarious. They covered a Gwen Stefani track (Sweet Escape?). Amazing :D

090914_kasabian_220.jpg

Pictures - http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/livelounge/artist/090914_kasabian_tour.shtml

*lol* i swear that's the exact same checked shirt Tom wore when he was in Malaysia for the MTV World Stage event! & that looks like the same Joker tee Serge had on during the press con for it! ah, the memories... :D

Kasabian were fantastic on that nite, tho i am disappointed that they were hugely under appreciated by my fellow Malaysians. a lot didn't really know about Kasabian & left before they even came on cos The All-American Rejects were a bigger draw for them. :(

so anyone here seeing them at Wembley Arena in Nov?

Guest howyousawtheworld

My brother really likes them but I can't really get into them. I find the lead singers voice not that great. I like a few Kasabian songs though.

My brother really likes them but I can't really get into them. I find the lead singers voice not that great. I like a few Kasabian songs though.

Wha..? Tom's got an amaaazing voice.

I LOVE "West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum"!

Especially "Secret Alphabets".

Ps - Had to copy & paste the name of the album from Paula's location! :P

Hey Ab :thumbsup: btw, Secret Alphabets is about having a secret code or language between friends, kinda like an in-joke that only a few people will get. It's a lovely song. My faves are Underdog & Happiness at the mo :D

Hey Ab :thumbsup: btw, Secret Alphabets is about having a secret code or language between friends, kinda like an in-joke that only a few people will get. It's a lovely song. My faves are Underdog & Happiness at the mo :D

Hey Paula! :awesome:

"Underdog" is brilliant, perfect opener for the album!

& agreed on Tom's voice, both the voice & the accent are just perfect. :D

I still need to listen to their first 2 albums, 'cause I only listened to their singles.

I think he hides how strong it actually is- there's a whole octave or more there he never even uses.

Like listen to this for example (around the 50 sec mark)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj6l7ZiCOgo]YouTube - Kasabian Covers The beatles I'm So Tired[/ame]

It seems the thing is that Serge has this funny little lizard voice (some people like it but not my cup of tea) and since he writes all the songs, he writes for his own vocal range. Tom has a much bigger range but because he doesn't write the songs, he never gets to show off what he's actually capable of.

+1 in agreement to Tom's voice & accent being just fine as it is. (i think it's a girl thing, given that howyousawtheworld is the only guy who's commented on this so far :P)

I haven't even looked at the uk tour dates in Nov, cos I'd only want to go and I'm pretty sure there's no-one round here that'd want to go with me :bigcry:

I'm so in love with the new album, it's just perfect :D

Aw, lucky you for seeing them Malaysia :thumbsup:

Malaysia very nearly almost didn't get to see them perform cos of the swine flu scare when Tom was hospitalised in Sydney & the rest were quarantined.

but that made for a great moment when Tom proclaimed to the crowd, whom he kept referring to as "MTV Malaysia", that he's still alive! :lol:

i just came over to UK for 1yr of studies in Bristol...so i definitely don't know of anyone who'll want to go with me. but i bought a ticket anyway. tho there's a high chance now that i'll have to sell mine off, depending on my timetable. :\

& i'm loving Vlad The Impaler (infectious! & it's such a cool opener song with the guys swaggering on stage!), Fast Fuse, Fire, & Where Did All The Love Go for the new album. tho i find that i can't listen to Kasabian when i'm meant to be studying...i just end up tapping my foot a lot & resisting the urge to hop/dance around the room! :dozey:

It seems the thing is that Serge has this funny little lizard voice (some people like it but not my cup of tea) and since he writes all the songs, he writes for his own vocal range. Tom has a much bigger range but because he doesn't write the songs, he never gets to show off what he's actually capable of.

*lol* on the "funny little lizard voice" comment. but that's an interesting observation there.