✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kasabian

mia21

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ aw, thanks for posting that link - they were so good on Monday :D And yeah, Tom's hair :thumbsup: Much cuter with that haircut :wackY;

+1 in agreement to Tom's voice & accent being just fine as it is. (i think it's a girl thing, given that howyousawtheworld is the only guy who's commented on this so far :P)

Malaysia very nearly almost didn't get to see them perform cos of the swine flu scare when Tom was hospitalised in Sydney & the rest were quarantined.

but that made for a great moment when Tom proclaimed to the crowd, whom he kept referring to as "MTV Malaysia", that he's still alive! :lol:

i just came over to UK for 1yr of studies in Bristol...so i definitely don't know of anyone who'll want to go with me. but i bought a ticket anyway. tho there's a high chance now that i'll have to sell mine off, depending on my timetable. :\

& i'm loving Vlad The Impaler (infectious! & it's such a cool opener song with the guys swaggering on stage!), Fast Fuse, Fire, & Where Did All The Love Go for the new album. tho i find that i can't listen to Kasabian when i'm meant to be studying...i just end up tapping my foot a lot & resisting the urge to hop/dance around the room! :dozey:

*lol* on the "funny little lizard voice" comment. but that's an interesting observation there.

Cool, you should go. Which gig, London? I sooooo wanna go see them at Manchester, but :shrug:

And yeah, lizard voice :lol: I quite like Serge's voice. Their two vocals work well together.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm addicted to "Fire" lately...

And the fact that one line in "Underdog" is "Love in Technicolor" just made it even better :laugh4:

I found out that they're from Leicester just a few days ago!!

I've been there so many times when I was in the boarding school in 2000!! :heart:

Cool, you should go. Which gig, London? I sooooo wanna go see them at Manchester, but :shrug:

And yeah, lizard voice :lol: I quite like Serge's voice. Their two vocals work well together.

it's the Wembley Arena gig on 15 Nov, which is a Sunday. seeing as my uni's 2hrs bus/train ride from London & i'm very likely to have classes to attend on Monday, i think it's likely i'll have to give it a miss...unless i can find a midnite train/bus service. either that or show up for morning class looking like a zombie. :P

Can you feign illness to get out of class the next morning? They really are brilliant live!

oooh!!! my timetable's finally finalised (i hope!) & i think i can pull it off!!!

i do have classes on Monday, but the 1st class is not til 11.10AM...so if i can get a train/bus bright & early in the morning on Monday i can still make it. wheee!!! :D

& yes, i agree wholeheartedly with you! they are amazing live...& that was when they'd just recovered from whatever swine flu-like illness that they got quarantined with. so i wanna see them play their own show & in 100% healthy mode. :cool:

I bought a ticket for one of their concerts today!! :dance:

On flickr I found a setlist from a gig in July:

spacer.png

If it'll be like this at the concert at the end of the month I'll be one happy person! :)

oooh!!! that's great!!! :dance:

which show you going for?

they played about half of the songs on that setlist for their set at MTV World Stage & i was already a happy camper.

tho i'd go with Vlad the Impaler as their opener instead. it set a really awesome rocking mood with the crowd when they swaggered onstage to the opening beats of Vlad.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

my sis still insists that Tom had a bit of a belly going there in Malaysia... :thinking:

tho i'd go with Vlad the Impaler as their opener instead. it set a really awesome rocking mood with the crowd when they swaggered onstage to the opening beats of Vlad.

Considering the rocking mood, in my opinion there couldn't be a better track for the opener than Underdog. Maybe Empire, but Underdog really animates the audience in a special way.

But of course Vlad is a good song aswell, since all songs of their new album are brilliant. :)

Considering the rocking mood, in my opinion there couldn't be a better track for the opener than Underdog. Maybe Empire, but Underdog really animates the audience in a special way.

But of course Vlad is a good song aswell, since all songs of their new album are brilliant. :)

i'm a bit mixed about Empire, actually. i didn't particularly like it until i heard it live (i have this same mixed feeling for Coldplay's Politik...must be something about these kind of songs, cos i realise that the themes are similar).

but Underdog & Vlad i definitely think they are both great! with the only difference, imo, being that Underdog has a slower pace than Vlad. which might be why i think Vlad's a good opener.

I'm watching the guys on Jonathan Ross right now and they're awesome!!

I've never had a chance to see them live yet and I'm hoping my time will come

soon!

Just watched it on the iPlayer..fantastic. Serge's trousers were epic haha and what's with Tom's Tin-tin style hair ..? :lol:

Ah, I love 'em :heart:

Just watched it on the iPlayer..fantastic. Serge's trousers were epic haha and what's with Tom's Tin-tin style hair ..? :lol:

I quite liked Tom's hair...Serge's trousers however, I'm not so sure about :laugh3:

oooh!!! my timetable's finally finalised (i hope!) & i think i can pull it off!!!

i do have classes on Monday, but the 1st class is not til 11.10AM...so if i can get a train/bus bright & early in the morning on Monday i can still make it. wheee!!! :D

Oh so you're going? :dance:

oooh!!! that's great!!! :dance:

which show you going for?

they played about half of the songs on that setlist for their set at MTV World Stage & i was already a happy camper.

Thanks for the video!! Made me more sure that it wasn't a bad decision to buy the ticket. :)

I'm going to the concert in Cologne, I googled the location and it's for about 1500 - 2000 people so should be great! :dance:

It's quite a long drive though and I'll have to work the day after and then the day after that I'll see White Lies - one great week!!!

[...] But of course Vlad is a good song aswell, since all songs of their new album are brilliant. :)
Oh I agree, I love the album so much.

just watched it on the iPlayer too! Serge & them pants...they looked like they make a better carpet than pants! :lol:

& Tom will have you know that that's an "Inglorious Basterds" haircut he's going for there. ;)

but i was thinking, looking at his jacket, "Tom's gone Viva!!!" :D

...& loved how he went running for the bouncy castle! (i'd love it more if the others joined in too...but they had this "dude, you REALLY going for it?" look on them! so it's all good. haha)

Oh so you're going? :dance:

Thanks for the video!! Made me more sure that it wasn't a bad decision to buy the ticket. :)

I'm going to the concert in Cologne, I googled the location and it's for about 1500 - 2000 people so should be great! :dance:

It's quite a long drive though and I'll have to work the day after and then the day after that I'll see White Lies - one great week!!!

Oh I agree, I love the album so much.

yub yub! looks like i am indeed going (short of having a major assignment due on Monday [PLEASE let that NOT actually happen!!!] *prays real hard*).

it's gonna be a great week for me too! Sunday kicks off with Kasabian & Friday ends off with Snow Patrol. :dance:

oh & that's not my video tho. that was some lucky person who got into the mosh pit (i.e. MTV's idea of a golden circle). but i could still see them pretty well from where i was since i think a good 1500 - 2000 ppl left right after All-American Rejects finished. more room for me to get closer to the front as i can manage. :P

I'd die to go to Cologne, the location is great. But I'm writing an exam the next day, that sucks pretty much! :D

But have fun (oh, you will! ;)), the concert is definitely worth the long journey!

& Tom will have you know that that's an "Inglorious Basterds" haircut he's going for there.

but i was thinking, looking at his jacket, "Tom's gone Viva!!!"

haha :D

I like his jacket. And the performance was as good as usual :)