✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official Formula One Thread 2006

Guest Grace

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Grace

>.< .. wooops, i didn't mean to jinx him then!

whatever ... good luck to all the drivers (especially Michael and Felipe) :D and david coulthard (cause he recently turned 36 i guess)

The AustalianGP usually has some good racing and manages to get me excited about the forthcoming season.

Hopefully it will be back as the season opener next year. I can't believe they started the season at that soul-less, boring Bahrain track. Stupid commonwealth games.

Guest Grace

think baraihn was quite okay ... but i guess that it wasn't the same feeling there ...

when i think of australia, i think of the opening race ... :/ whatever ...

the worst track still is monaco ... you don't need any skills to win there +_+

Awww poor showing from Ferrari again. Sadly, this looks like 2005 all over again for them. Good for Jense, but its about time he turn the pole into a win.. and good also for keeping the Renaults behind him. Kimi and Alonso are side by side which is really good cause I don't think they've been head to head on the track once! Should be exciting to see though and not a snoozefest like Malaysia.

oh god ... why don't you want schumacher to win?

you're a little childish, aren't you? alonso's always winning too and i still watch it ...

I was being slightly facecious, hoping to get the Schumi fans riled up...I guess it worked. :P Heehee...

I have the greatest respect for the guy; there really trully never has been another driver in F1 like him. But I have something ingrained in me that always roots for the underdog, as well as a very long memory... for instance when he rammed his car into Villeneuve to try to get the championchip.

My dad has every race since about 1988 recorded. Yes, that's 88, not 98. I mention something I think is ancient history and he goes and watches the tape like it was just yesterday. (And I've always suspected that my brother Graham was named after Graham Hill :\ )

So one thing I can say for sure, even when a driver was dominant the whole season, it was never as boring as the years that Schumi and Ferrari were dominant. He was just out front for entire seasons. Many races dad would watch the race tape before I could finish my homework, so when I heard the German national anthem wafting in from the TV room, I could pretty much give a play-by-play of the whole race without watching any of it. If I bothered to watch the tape, I was usually right. Most of the few interesting races happened when it rained and mixed everything up.

I never liked Senna either (die-hard Nigel Mansell fan- still my all-time favorite driver) but even the years Senna won alot, interesting things happened. There were giant rivalrys he had with multiple drivers, so there was usually something interesting happeing. And even though I wasn't a fan of his, I was absolutley devastated when he died.

If you wanted to get into really ancient history, Sterling Moss is considered one of the greatest drivers of his era, and he never won a single championchip!

I became a Kimi fan because I was blown away when this kid (yeah, he's older than me, so what :confused: ) comes in straight from karting, has never driven in a race that lasted for more than a half-hour, and is so talented that he skyrockets right to the top in no time. That's what made me a Kimi fan. Pity if some of his fans are jerks. :thinking:

Call it childish if you like, but I don't like what Ferrari's dominance did to the sport as a whole, because I think it's greater than any one driver.

Guest Grace

mhh ... though is might be the last person on earth to want alonso/renault win the titles again ... ferrari will probably fail again and this might be michael's last season.

it's so hard tp realise that but ... the qualifying just sucked and it wasn't just becuase of the rain ... they were waaaaay too slow and i don't see them having a chance this year. i don't like to say this but the good years are over. still i won't abandon hope

Trouble with Ferrari is that; they put what's good for themselves before what's good for the sport (Yeah' date=' yeah i know it's more of a business now than a sport :thinking:).[/quote']

totally agree with you here. there were many occasions in which ferrari acted like this, at the indianapolis gp 2005 for example.

Guest Grace
Holy cow! What an action packed race!!! I'd write my thoughts on it but I'd be at if forever!

all in all -.... this race just sucked arse ... i'd like to watch a race and not a saftey car driving slowly in front of the others!

too bad that schumi and felipe weren't able to finish the race :(

and poor jenson button!!! i still feel so sorry for him! :(

totally agree with you here. there were many occasions in which ferrari acted like this' date=' at the indianapolis gp 2005 for example.[/quote']

Hahaha, are you kidding me?!?!?

Oh right... It was Ferrari's and Bridgestones fault that they brought safe tires and continued on racing like they were supposed to. Please.

all in all -.... this race just sucked arse ... i'd like to watch a race and not a saftey car driving slowly in front of the others!

too bad that schumi and felipe weren't able to finish the race :(

and poor jenson button!!! i still feel so sorry for him! :(

Typically I'd like to see a clean race, but its been sometime since this has happened. Was kinda interesting.

Yeah its a shame about Ferrari, although they are bringing several upgrades for Imola, and what better place to win your first of the season than at your home race! :D

Hahaha, are you kidding me?!?!?

Oh right... It was Ferrari's and Bridgestones fault that they brought safe tires and continued on racing like they were supposed to. Please.

Nine teams agreed to race with a chicane. Ferrari was the only team which didn't.

Even if the Ferrari's had good tires at the US GP last year they still should have been big enough to sit out with the rest of teams. It was embarassing to watch and I dont see what satisfaction they received from beating two lesser teams. They should have all sit out, fixed the problem, instead of making the sport look silly.

Guest Grace
Yes thats all fine and dandy, but why should Ferrari conform to something else because 7 teams and 1 tyre supplier got it ALL wrong.

You can't put this on Ferrari at all.

i agree

ferrari is always doing something wrong ... you can't blame them! blame michelin ...

i still think that it was a shame how the americans acted while the three teams were racing. okay, i can understand that they paid an awful lot for their seats but didn't they understand what it was about?!?! it was just gross to see them throwing cans at rubens while he was racing. and they still want a second gp for the americans? but they want to cancel the german gp? that's just bullshit in my eyes.

have you guys read about scott speed and david coulthard? speed seems to be a freakin dickhead. he's still a rookie and thinks that he's right when he's shouting FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU ...

right now, the teams are testing in barcelona. i read that the ferraris did a good job yesterday and i hope they'll finally break through in imola.

look, most of the teams had michelin tyres... so why ferrari could not agree to race with a chicane, which would have made it possible that every team can start? it is not ferrari's fault that the tyres were not safe, but it is their fault that were the only team which did not agree, which is a shame in my opinion.

and erm you spend a lot of money for gp ticket, so of course you expect to see an interesting race, which they obviously did not see.of course their raction was just silly, but understandable somehow. i dont think it shows that americans dont want to see a proper race.

what would you have thought if you had been there? ( hopefully not, oh great it is going to be a double for ferrari.) nah, seriously, i think any fan would have been angry and disappointed. it simply is not what you paid for!

Guest Grace
look, most of the teams had michelin tyres... so why ferrari could not agree to race with a chicane, which would have made it possible that every team can start? it is not ferrari's fault that the tyres were not safe, but it is their fault that were the only team which did not agree, which is a shame in my opinion.

and erm you spend a lot of money for gp ticket, so of course you expect to see an interesting race, which they obviously did not see.of course their raction was just silly, but understandable somehow. i dont think it shows that americans dont want to see a proper race.

what would you have thought if you had been there? ( hopefully not, oh great it is going to be a double for ferrari.) nah, seriously, i think any fan would have been angry and disappointed. it simply is not what you paid for!

well, as far as i know ... those people got their money back and they also had the chance to get tickets for free for next year's race. it's always wrong to overreact. the should first use their brains.

and there was another team that didn't want a chicane. i think it was mclaren because norbert haug said it afterwards. it was an idea from the fia to build a chicane and not the ides of the seven teams.