✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official Formula One Thread 2006

Guest Grace

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schumacher is the epitome of arrogance!:wink2:

But you gotta admit he really has something that makes him eligible to be arrogant!

Schumi did the Monaco race with unimpeachable perfection considering his starting from the pit lane. His performance yesterday itself is a testimony to his overwhelming excellence!

Schumacher is arrogant? If he's arrogant then in comparison Alonso must think of himself as God.

Half of all of his wins in his career have come by luck with a competitor going out in the race due to an accident or mechanical failure. Take for instance Nurburgring last year; Raikonnen deserved to win (True though that he did cause that flat spot himself) and crashed on the last lap. When Alonso came across the line in 1st he was jubilant... why? He did not deserve the win. It was a hollow win, just like half of his wins were. Monaco was another example.

No doubt he's a good driver, but in my eyes he's more arrogant than Michael.

But you gotta admit he really has something that makes him eligible to be arrogant!

Schumi did the Monaco race with unimpeachable perfection considering his starting from the pit lane. His performance yesterday itself is a testimony to his overwhelming excellence!

There is NEVER any excuse for arrogance, no matter HOW good you are!!;)

I have to say I was really impressed with how much of a gentleman Alonso was about the whole incident. He kept his opinions to himself even when people bugged him to speak out about them. I think he handled himself with a great deal of humility.

And half of winning the championchip is having the skill and putting in the work to be in the right place at the right time when something goes wrong for someone else. F1 is still a team sport, and it is the team's responsibility to supply cars that aren't going to break. If you are going to go by who deserves what, then almost every driver who has ever won a championchip for Williams would be tossed out, because in its heyday, Williams always prided itself in being greater than any one driver. The same could be said for McLaren's winning streaks. Now McLaren is off a bit for the time being, and the rumor is that Raikkonen has already signed with Ferrari for next year and Alonso is taking his place hoping to prove that he can still win in a different car.

Guest Grace

mhhh ... you're saying Alonso is not arrogant?

well, isn't he the one that's always striking poses when he wins a race?!

i don't think michael is arrogant. but to be honest, you have to be arrogant and high-flying to become a good driver.

whatever, i gotta admit that alonso was quite reserved although we all know his opinion.

and i still think that fernando is lucky. okay, it's not his luck only. he is a good driver.but his luck plays a major role in his career (at least this season and a few past races!).

I don't like Alonso, but i'll be first to admit that he is pretty bloody quick and he does also seems to have more than his fair share of luck.

I don't think he has much arrogance about him though. His 'poses' after winning are just strange celebrations.

mhhh ... you're saying Alonso is not arrogant?

well, isn't he the one that's always striking poses when he wins a race?!

i don't think michael is arrogant. but to be honest, you have to be arrogant and high-flying to become a good driver.

whatever, i gotta admit that alonso was quite reserved although we all know his opinion.

and i still think that fernando is lucky. okay, it's not his luck only. he is a good driver.but his luck plays a major role in his career (at least this season and a few past races!).

Michael- the one who jumps as high as he can on the podium when he wins and likes to conduct the orchestra during the Italian national anthem? ;)

I've never noticed anything in Alonso to suggest arrogance- unlike Michael- but that doesn't mean it is or isn't there. I was merely saying he was a real gentleman last weekend when a lesser man would have been making a stink to high heaven about the whole incident.

Luck plays a huge role in any championchip win and every career, except for the very, very rare times when an unusually good driver is paired with a virtually undefeatable car. (And even then, there's always that chance a backmarker could have a tire or engine blow up a foot in front of you and take you out of the race.) Yes, that combination happened at Ferrari for a few years, but it's rare even among the legends of the sport. (Is it just me or has everyone forgotten what it was like before Shumi?) Luck only works when a person is talented enough to take advantage of it. I hardly see it as grounds for criticizing a driver.

Guest Grace
Michael- the one who jumps as high as he can on the podium when he wins and likes to conduct the orchestra during the Italian national anthem? ;)

I've never noticed anything in Alonso to suggest arrogance- unlike Michael- but that doesn't mean it is or isn't there. I was merely saying he was a real gentleman last weekend when a lesser man would have been making a stink to high heaven about the whole incident.

Luck plays a huge role in any championchip win and every career, except for the very, very rare times when an unusually good driver is paired with a virtually undefeatable car. (And even then, there's always that chance a backmarker could have a tire or engine blow up a foot in front of you and take you out of the race.) Yes, that combination happened at Ferrari for a few years, but it's rare even among the legends of the sport. (Is it just me or has everyone forgotten what it was like before Shumi?) Luck only works when a person is talented enough to take advantage of it. I hardly see it as grounds for criticizing a driver.

nope, i didn't mean that LUCK is a reason to critizise alonso.

i already said he is a good driver.

but i just see it from the view of eg kimi. he's pretty good as well even if he actually seldom finishes races

^ Too true.

Which is why anyone stuck at McLaren isn't going to be doing very well for awhile. The car just isn't reliable this year, and they've lost Adrian Newey and a big chunk of his design team, so there isn't much hope for the future, either.

This is the current catch 22. We want to see who is the best driver but then we also want to keep f1 as the pinnacle of motorsport technology.

There's no two ways about it. Mosley is trying to sort it, but his ideas seem ridiculous. Drivers driving for every team throughout a season will never be allowed to happen and it just doesn't sound f1.

I guess what we have now is which package is better, which isn't bad as long as there is decent competition. It's just a bit of a shame because drivers like Kimi and Webber (at Monaco at least anyway) deserve much more than they have gotten.

As for Mclaren it's a shame that they cannot produce a reliable car at the minute. I would hate to see another grandee team fall away as Williams seem to be doing at the minute.

[they've lost Adrian Newey and a big chunk of his design team, so there isn't much hope for the future, either./QUOTE]

second that! And i really feel sorry for KIMI! He's a huge talent, but wasted by Mclaren. But though i'm a Ferrari fan, i think the Mclaren cars are really sexy!:rolleyes:

Guest Grace

mhh ... the mclaren mercedes cars used to look very nice but nowadays --- it looks like they're mirrors and i don't like that FLY EMIRATES ad as well. it makes them look like the midlands ...

however ... i still want kimi to leave mclaren for ferrari

Guest Grace

though red wouldn't look really good on him :D

but the thought of him and michael driving for ferrari ... omg ... that's way too amazing to be true!!!

Guest Grace
Alonso isn't arrogant... :rolleyes:

mfb-4832165-stinki-alonso-QF,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,width=263.jpg

yes, the best thing ever ...

he's always very quick when it comes to show his finger ...

what an idiot ... he showed his finger to his (prolly 2) fans (!!!)

Guest Grace

mhh ... too bad michael couldn't win the pole ... but however ...

the good thing is, that kimi's competetive as well... that helps schumi a little (though kimi also is in front of him :dozey: )

hope he'll do well tomorrow :)

what a pity that jenson achieved P19 (!!!) ... and it's his home grand prix :(

the good thing is, that kimi's competetive as well... that helps schumi a little (though kimi also is in front of him :dozey: )

yea, if it was Fischella(like at Catalunya), i think things will be much tougher for the Ferrari side.

But it seems now there's WC stuff everywhere! And it pains me that i shall miss the Bristish GP, for i have homework to do:( ! But i'm allowed to watch the match between the Netherlands and the Montnegro! That's gonna be a fantastic match! Go you Dutchmen!