✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official Formula One Thread 2006

Guest Grace

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Grace

it was weird ... the ferraris were so fast in the training session but then ... dunno what happened. they weren't competetive enough ...

hope they'll win in monaco .. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Grace

uhhh ohhh ... i smell trouble in the air for michael

however ... i believe him and ferrari. his accident migh tlook pretty awkward but i don't think that alonso had the chance to get the pole anyway

hope the FIA won't come and take away his best lap :(

lol ...

f1-2006-mon-xp-1000.jpg

i know all the ferrarihaters will now say:"how obvious" and "he's always cheating" and things like that but ... michael himself was on a fast lap ... he wouldn't have done that on purpose! and his tyres were blocking ... think about ... and don't just moan about schumi ... O.o

Haha alot of outrage across the various F1 boards because of Schumi's tactics today. Many of the top drivers and team representives believe it was deliberate; if so Schumi deserves for once a harsh penalty. This is not the first time Schumi has done something stupid and potentially dangerous. Theres no room in f1 for this type of driving.

Yeah, that was messed up... I really don't have a clue if it was on purpose, but it sure looked suspicious. He took that corner completly wrong- something he's not prone to doing by accident.

From what I saw he could have made it around if he wanted to, but he also might have lost the back end in the process and made a bigger mess, because it looked pretty unstable.

Going to be an interesting race...

It's scandalous what the Fia decided last night... Schumacher back to the last place... It's a shame! :veryangry: I don't think Schumacher cheated... he had absolutely no reason for it! IMO it's very unfair what the other drivers said about Schumacher after the qualifying.

It's scandalous what the Fia decided last night... Schumacher back to the last place... It's a shame! :veryangry: I don't think Schumacher cheated... he had absolutely no reason for it! IMO it's very unfair what the other drivers said about Schumacher after the qualifying.

You're biased because he's your "national hero". He's cheated in the past, so it's natural to assume he might do it again.

A leopard never changes its spots!:rolleyes:

I think the FIA's decision was right...

^ well finishing fifth was great actually. He is a brilliant driver, but this doesn't stop him from acting unsportmanslike from time to time, which happened yesterday. It's been a long time since we've seen something similar from Schumacher, but he has already cheated in the past... After all he didn't have any reason to act like this in times, in which he and Ferrari were almost unbeatable.

^ well finishing fifth was great actually. He is a brilliant driver' date=' but this doesn't stop him from acting unsportmanslike from time to time, which happened yesterday. It's been a long time since we've seen something similar from Schumacher, but he has already cheated in the past... After all he didn't have any reason to act like this in times, in which he and Ferrari were almost unbeatable.[/quote']

Exactly!! Strange coincidence.......................... :rolleyes:

And he could only finish fifth' date=' ha ha!!:cool:[/quote']

ONLY 5th? Todays was one of his best drives. He came back from the back of the grid to finish 5th... and all on the hardest track to make up ground on cars.

Before you go on reading this post; ignore my nick. I am a Formula One fan first and then a Schumacher fan. Keep that in mind...

The incident itself was bogus. There is no way Michael would do this on purpose. If you actually saw the incident he was coming in correcting his line and over-corrected, which made him lock up. He had no where to go after that. To reverse would have been too dangerous, and there was no room to go forward.

People will pounce on him because of his '94 and '97 incidents. He had no reason to do this. What would he gain from it? Alonso would start with him on the front row anyway.

If you were watching qualifying on TV and you didn't see reactions of Flavio and the rest, you would think that what Michael did was just a simple racing incident... which it was. People have blown this out of the water because they saw other people being angry. Reality is that these things happen in F1 and thats that. In hindsight you shouldn't leave your best lap so late... and so the others paid the price... or should have.

If this happened to Alonso, would he have been sent to the back of the grid? I think the answer is a resounding 'No'. And don't fool yourself into thinking that he would.

Michael drove like a true champion today; letting his driving do the talking for him. Jacques Villeneuve said after qualifying that Schumacher should have his super-license revoked. For the record, Jacques finished 14th a lap down to Michaels 5th.

The incident itself was bogus. There is no way Michael would do this on purpose. If you actually saw the incident he was coming in correcting his line and over-corrected, which made him lock up. He had no where to go after that. To reverse would have been too dangerous, and there was no room to go forward.

People will pounce on him because of his '94 and '97 incidents. He had no reason to do this. What would he gain from it? Alonso would start with him on the front row anyway.

If you were watching qualifying on TV and you didn't see reactions of Flavio and the rest, you would think that what Michael did was just a simple racing incident... which it was. People have blown this out of the water because they saw other people being angry. Reality is that these things happen in F1 and thats that. In hindsight you shouldn't leave your best lap so late... and so the others paid the price... or should have.

If this happened to Alonso, would he have been sent to the back of the grid? I think the answer is a resounding 'No'. And don't fool yourself into thinking that he would.

Michael drove like a true champion today; letting his driving do the talking for him. Jacques Villeneuve said after qualifying that Schumacher should have his super-license revoked. For the record, Jacques finished 14th a lap down to Michaels 5th.

My opinion about this incident doesn't depend on what Briatore or Alonso, or whoever said. I was just watching like anyone was, and I guess you have to be a Ferrari or Schumacher supporter to judge this differently.

You're getting ridiculous here. Why the hell would it be in the FIA's interest to punish Schumacher if he hadn't cheated? They investigated the incident and they made the decision after they had analised the data. They would have done the same if it had been Alonso.

You're saying this couldn't help Schumacher? A Pole Position in Monaco would have been very important for him because it's difficult to overtake there. So it's definately a much better starting position than being second.

And yeah, Schumacher was doing brilliant, I won't deny that.

What's the point in critisising Villeneuve here? Of course he overeacted if he said really that (I was actually listening to an interview, in which he talked about the incident differently). He has his point when he says that Schumacher is acting unsportsmanlike from time to time. The fact he finished 14th doesn't change that...

Guest Grace

first of all ... i guess i would have broken out in tears if i was michael. it's just not fair. okay, i'm a michael fan but i wouldn't have found it very strange when it would've happened to alonso. why are they all calling it 'incident'? it was an 'accident'.

schumi was so fast. he didn't need the fuckin pole position to win and he knew it. do you think people just drive around in their cars without knowing how fast they might be? did you watch the damn race? he so could've won it if the damn FIA didn't do that shit.

it was fucking bollocks. what pissed me off the most were all those other drivers who couldn't do anything but moan about michael and ferrari. nobody asked them idiots. for example klein or villeneuve. nobody gives a shit about their cheap opinion. i was just so mad afterwards and i'm still mad.

michael's a fighter and he's old enough to know that such tricks are not okay. he'd be the last one doing those tricks.

but the worst thing wasn't even FIA's punishment.

the worst thing was Keke Rosberg calling him a SCUMBAG. is he fucking nuts? offending someone who didn't do anything to you is not very cool,keke. why are you there actually? michael didn't hampered nico. i don't think Keke really knows the meaning of that word since his German is very ... erm ... bad O.o

the FIA threw away michael's chances to win the championship again. since when is it possible to read someone's mind via camera? ah yeah, the probably saw michael's evil face while doing 'that trick'.

thanks for that.

i still believe in him winning but ... you know... alonso is so lucky.

it's not normal anymore!no, really now! kimi and webber couldn't finish the race. that always the same thing. alonso is so lucky. and if something breaks. it always breaks on fisichella's car.

O.o it was a great great great performance by michael and he proved that he still is an awesome racer. but people don't give a shit anymore.

too sad. ... and unfair

first of all ... i guess i would have broken out in tears if i was michael. it's just not fair. okay, i'm a michael fan but i wouldn't have found it very strange when it would've happened to alonso. why are they all calling it 'incident'? it was an 'accident'.

schumi was so fast. he didn't need the fuckin pole position to win and he knew it. do you think people just drive around in their cars without knowing how fast they might be? did you watch the damn race? he so could've won it if the damn FIA didn't do that shit.

it was fucking bollocks. what pissed me off the most were all those other drivers who couldn't do anything but moan about michael and ferrari. nobody asked them idiots. for example klein or villeneuve. nobody gives a shit about their cheap opinion. i was just so mad afterwards and i'm still mad.

michael's a fighter and he's old enough to know that such tricks are not okay. he'd be the last one doing those tricks.

the worst thing was Keke Rosberg calling him a SCUMBAG. is he fucking nuts? offending someone who didn't do anything to you is not very cool,keke. why are you there actually? michael didn't hampered nico. i don't think Keke really knows the meaning of that word since his German is very ... erm ... bad O.o

the FIA threw away michael's chances to win the championship again. since when is it possible to read someone's mind via camera? ah yeah, the probably saw michael's evil face while doing 'that trick'.

thanks for that.

it's not normal anymore!no, really now! kimi and webber couldn't finish the race. that always the same thing. alonso is so lucky. and if something breaks. it always breaks on fisichella's car.

O.o it was a great great great performance by michael and he proved that he still is an awesome racer. but people don't give a shit anymore.

too sad. ... and unfair

:nice: My speech! Especially Villeneuve really pisses me off!! I think he's still jealous and dissatisfied with himself, because in 1997 he was a champion and now he's only such a bad loser in a bad team! :cool:

:nice: My speech! Especially Villeneuve really pisses me off!! I think he's still jealous and dissatisfied with himself' date=' because in 1997 he was a champion and now he's only such a bad loser in a bad team! :cool:[/quote']

Villeneuve isn't a loser and BMW Sauber ain't a bad team. He said his opinion in 1996/ 1997, so he does now.

thanks for that.

too sad. ... and unfair

I did watch the race. It's not about what might have happened if Schumacher wouldn't have been punished. I never denied that Schumacher was doing great here, he might have won, he might not, we both don't know.

It isn't the FIA that stopped Schumacher, it's Schumacher himself. This action, if you don't wanna call it incident, was unsportmanslike and therefore he was punished. The FIA did analise the data first.

Why do you call Alonso lucky? You cant call this luck that he happened to fish the race and others didnt. I mean to be constantly successful, you have to finish races. Räikönnen wouldn't deserve to be World Champion this year even if he was currently the best F1 driver if he (or McLaren) aren't able to finish most of the races. It is a driver's Championship, but the results are a lot influenced by the cars. It not only about talent.

There's no need to offend Schumacher as a person, I totally agree with you here. Still you can critisise some of his actions, like the one in the Qualifying the day before yesterday.