✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

CCC [Overview]: Suggest ideas here

^ I like your signature... mainly because Chris is actually wearing some cool shoes. :lol:

Anywho... it would interesting to get the whole Coldplay community in on it, but me, Danielle and Nadia were all talking about this tonight and we;re not sure if it could work or how. Ian's a bit concerned with "Coldplaying" being in the title of the club and it getting outside exposure. We can look into it and maybe start a whole bridge across to the official forum.

The Paypal account is being set up tonight and Nadia is going to give me some more info on it later. She is probably going to be the one to receive letters and updates and things if we sponser a child. She has a scanner and has said that se'll scan everything that she gets for us.

We also stumbled across another interesting organization that is probaly worth our attention. http://www.campaignforeducationusa.org/default.asp It's the Global Campaign for Education. Besides just aid with food, water and shelter, people in dire need also should be receiveing educations to prevent the perpetualization of poverty and the cancelling out of precious aid. It's much like Fair Trade that way. There is an activity we can all do about making a poster or a cut-out of a friend and sending it to DC to be displayed before government officials. Me and the girls were thinking that it may be a great thing to do.

Also, I've been given permission to create an Lj community to keep things a bit more organized and coherant. I'll probably be getting around to that Tuesday. I have nothing but tests, projects, papers and work until then. :angry: :lol:

More details plus more announcements about these developments will come later on. But for now, I'm going to sleep. Night Night!

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got that PM

Sorry to post so late after the idea, guys.

I am all for it. I see nothing but LUV from the Coldplay community!

I love the shirts!

But I don't think I can buy one until I feel like I have contributed. And here's the problemo for me. ME without a job= one sad broke ass girl. BUt the future is bright. I will be working by the end of May and hope to give my share then.

But until then make me your servant to the cause. I really want success for this cause!

Hello all you lovely people!

Sorry I haven't been very active in here today. Just wanted pop in to make a few comments before I get back to my homework. :P

Vic, great shirts!! :P "Christ Martin" :laugh4: And you'll be pleased to know that someone over at the official boards is using one of your cute blinkies!!.....this is because airieslady had the wonderful idea of starting a thread about the CCC over there as well! It really would be wonderful if the two boards could unite in this venture. Thanks airieslady! :nice:

Allie, you know I love your banners! ;) I'm going to try to attach one to my penguins if I can figure out how. :thinking: Look forward to seeing the LJ page!

Danielle, good work with the spam-....erm, I mean PMing. REALLY. I started sending a few msgs out myself. Hopefully it helps!

This evening I got a PayPal account ready for the CCC's first 'donation box!' I will post all the details tomorrow, but essentially we are going to begin a $1.00 campaign (or 1.00 of whatever currency it is you use in your country) to raise money to sponsor a child. The idea is that small actions can lead to big differences. You will find a link about the Sponsor A Child program in the first post of this thread....I encourage you all to check it out so that you realize how we will be making an impact in the life of an impoverished child. I promise more details will be posted tomorrow. :)

Thank you everyone!

Hey there! Haven't read all the pages yet, but I got through the front page and got aware of your project through your e-mail and I'm DEFINITELY interested in it - so you can already put me on the list on the front page ;)

I think there aren't many people from Austria on this message board so I could kinda be your foreign correspondant in Vienna, haha

Whatever, I think your ideas are great and I'd love to be part of this! I'm definitely going to think about it and try to develop some ideas myself =) It's great that Coldplay fans are doing this, the guys would be proud of us ;)

Oh my, I discovered the coldplay charity club just today!!!Please guys, count me in the club!The whole idea is really interesting and it's great to be part of something that I can real be proud of. If there's something I can do, please, pm me and I'll do it.

I like the plain and simple Coldplaying Charity Club, just leaves no doubts about what it is...

The idea is awsome and i realized that there are ppl from all around the world here on the board, including places that need help.

We could try to gather local organizations and post here, so that if theres anyone interested in helping...

I say that coz here in Brazil there are a looooooot of smallers organizations need help, and because most of them dont get enough attention, they just end up closing, leaving the children, the sick, or whoever on their own.

i dont know if that made any sense... but its just an idea...

oh wow..i haven't been here just for a couple of days and again a lot have happened :stunned:! You've done a great job guys :) the new shirts looks awesome and all other ideas are great too.

But about that iron-on stransfers thing.. i've done a shirt with iron-on stransfers and i don't think it's a good idea to do shirts by that :\ the picture cracked and just like someone(sorry i don't remember who, there is so much to read!) said, the picture will also lose its color after a few washes. My shirt is black and white so the colour lose isn't so visible as it would be with more colours.:\ And there is also at least one more problem; it's quite hard to get the picture straight :thinking:

But if i got it right, we wouldn't do the shirts by ourselves, and i think it's a way better idea :)

And Danielle, are we getting together online today?

Well, I'm on for the rest of the night (I'm on right now, too, but you're away;) ). If Nadia comes on later we can make a chat. If not, then feel free to IM me and we can discuss. I don't have much new stuff to add though.... Hm. I think I'll start looking around the internet again and finding some new sites.

This a fantastic idea! I'm definitely interested, though I have limited time at the moment, getting ready to move out and start classes next month at uni so I won't be able to do much until things calm down a little. But great idea guys! Coldplay fans are the best in the world. :nice:

I'm interested, but cant take much of a role in my public, due to my occupation. Would be happy and willing to do whatever else "behind the scenes" type stuff there'd be to do (typing, printing, etc...).