✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

CCC [Project]: The $1.36 Campaign - Over $1300 USD raised!!

lunar1126

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really awesome of you, Julia and Rolle, to want to donate.

Rolle, if you have a credit card, you can donate. It is not necessary to sign up for a Paypal. The button is hiding at the end of the page. Take a look:

paypaltq7.png

Julia, I wish there was another way to send in money. All I can recommend is to explain the charity project to a friend or parent with a credit card, and ask them ever so nicely if they wouldn't mind donating on your behalf. If they are hesitant, they are more than welcome to email us at [email protected].

Hope that helps, gals! :nice:

Rolle, if you have a credit card, you can donate. It is not necessary to sign up for a Paypal. The button is hiding at the end of the page. Take a look:

Oh nono, the problem is with the credit card. But yeah, i will get it fixed ;) At least i hope so.

Thanks anyways!

• 3 weeks later...

heey! good news!

There's a new arrangement at my dad's work, and they're giving him a Visa credit card!!! that means, i'll be able to donate!!! :D :dance: :dance:

wow! i'm so happy!! i just needed to write it somewhere!

That's great news Sofy, yay! Congrats to you and your dad for the shiny, new Visa :cheesy::wink:

Our last donation round totaled $51.79 USD! And our 9th donation installment has already begun, so far we have donated $14.26 USD. :happy: Lets continue to keep our boy Zali in our thoughts and our hearts everyone :heart:

(Donation linky)

well, maybe i'll be part of the 9th donation, but i'm not sure when he's going to recieve it. As soon as he does, i'll be donating!

I also wanted to write a letter to him. Maybe send him something...

well, maybe i'll be part of the 9th donation, but i'm not sure when he's going to recieve it. As soon as he does, i'll be donating!

I also wanted to write a letter to him. Maybe send him something...

Yes, yes! A letter! Here's how you can go about doing just that.

we've just created a forum for the chilean coldplay fans so I'll try to spread the word about this there

Fantastic! Do you think it would be useful to make a Spanish version of the donation page?

AROBTTH!!!

:P I think we'd need to send him a CD player first...

Although.......on the practical side of things, perhaps some mosquito nets and school materials (pencils, pens, etc) would be a good idea.

What does everyone think of using a small portion of donations to buy our boy, Zali a small gift?

AROBTTH!!!

:laugh3:

perhaps some mosquito nets and school materials (pencils' date=' pens, etc) would be a good idea. [/quote']

yes, i'll try to think of something he may need and be fun too, it could be color pencils or pens

I don't know but if you need help with that.. you can pm me

and if you want some help with that, let me know too! ;) maybe we can share the work

This project has been overshadowed with the excitement of the CD release, but let's not forget that the $1.36 project (and Zali) is the CCC's main focus. For this month we have collected $23.67 USD. If you can donate a dollar or two, we'd appreciate it very much. Thank you!

(Note: Once we begin to sell Coldplaying.com T-shirts in the Cafepress store, all proceeds from these items will go to $1.36. To vote for your favorite T-shirt design, go here).

what a treat !

Hi guys,

dunno if you remember me. I came on the board about a year ago, because I'd found a link someone posted here about the Zootopian banner (U2-fans). Meanwhile the banner is home, it has travelled some 135,000 kms - in case you want to know :-). And to preserve the memories of 2 amazing years, I started writing my part of the journey, added everybody elses story and almost 350 pictures to it, to make it a full journal. A few friends said they'd love to have a copy, so I decided to have it up for sale online (printing on demand), with proceeds going to The African Well Fund. I'm almost done ... Heaven knows I am no lay-outer, I don't even know how to use photoshop (apart from cutting, lol) so trust me when I say it's been quite a challenge. But I really enjoyed it :-)

Anyway ... while I was writing I remembered coming here last year and thougt ... how would their 1.36$ campaign be doing ? ... so I decided to have a look. And I was thrilled to see it's still going. I've experienced the power of positivity myself, so I thought I'd leave a note saying : kudos you guys !

It's always a treat to run into more inspi(red) people :-)

It's so great to see you here again Tina! :cheesy: How weird, I was looking back through old posts just the other day, read everything you and Donna posted and was amazed all over again. I wondered what you guys were up to so I'm glad you popped in for a few!

Yes $1.36 is still going on. All thanks to our constant donors we're raised more than $1,000 so it's certainly been quite the ride! We've just released a charity album compiled by forum members, with benefits going toward Oxfam. I can't wait to see what else the future has in stock!

You know it's so amazing, that banner.. quite historic even, I (and every CCC member I'm sure) would love so much to sign it one day! Thank you so much for still thinking of us :heart: and say hi to Donna from us! :smiley:

you were ? too funny ! another one of those 'weird coincidences' as we call them ... they usually bring interesting stuff ... although I probably sound like a flippin' lunatic now. lol.

historic ?

eh, ... I guess I have my nose too close to it to see that. But I must admit when I take it out, even I get this feeling like WOW, it's amazing what people have done and where it's been. It's now wrapped up stored in the dark. My idea was to have it somewhere in Dublin as each U2-fan travels there if he/she can afford the trip. But exposure to light makes the names fade and I don't want it to grow worse than it already has, so I'm trying to find a solution. I've contacted a few companies, tested a few suggestions, so far nothing's come up. I am now even considering duplicating it but first there's a U2-fan meeting in Dublin this summer (july 19 - 23) and I'm taking it there for those attending who've never seen nor signed it (mainly the Europeans). After that, we'll see.

I must also admit I was dumbfolded the first second I read you'd love to sign it. But given what you guys are doing ... that moment only lasted for about 2 seconds. Who knows ... :-)

I'll tell Donna for sure :-).

And I think I want to have a closer look at what you guys have been doing

need to finish that book first, but I'll be back. thanks for the welcome, again :-)

• 1 month later...

Just a bump up to get this on folks radars.

Time to step up and help out with the 10th round of pledges.

In progress: Current donation sum: 06/05/2207 - present: $0.00 USD (will end approx. May 31th)

Completed:

#1 donation sum: 29/04/2006 - 21/06/2006: $334.23 USD

#2 donation sum: 22/06/2006 - 14/09/2006: $134.85 USD

#3 donation sum: 15/09/2006 - 09/10/2006: $71.26 USD

#4 donation sum: 10/10/2006 - 13/11/2006: $154.17 USD

#5 donation sum: 14/11/2006 - 16/12/2006: $80.37 USD

#6 donation sum: 17/12/2006 - 24/01/2007: $70.71 USD

#7 donation sum: 25/01/2007 - 19/02/2007: $66.46 USD

#8 donation sum: 20/02/2007 - 20/03/2007: $51.79 USD

#9 donation sum: 21/03/2007 - 05/05/2007: $66.46 USD

TOTAL DONATION SUM: $1030.30 USD