• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

SPRINGSTEEN ANNOUNCES US AND EUROPEAN TOUR

First shows with the E Street Band since 2002 include's London's O2

brucespringsteen010607_W.jpg

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band have announced their first full scale tour of the US and Europe since 2002/2003.

The 31 confirmed dates will include two nights at New York's Madison Square Gardens, as well as taking in Spain, Germany, Italy and France, Springsteen and co. will only play one UK date - at the end of the tour.

As reported two weeks ago, the new Springsteen studio album ‘Magic’ featuring the E Street band is due for release this October.

Springsteen last worked with long-time collaborators The E Street Band on 2002’s “The Rising”, but has released two albums since then, 2005's "Devils & Dust" and last year's "We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions".

The shows take in a full tour of the US, from October 2 winding up at the O2 Arena in London on December 19.

Tickets for the O2 go onsale this Thursday, August 30 at 9am, priced £47.50 & £57.50 (subject to booking fee).

Springsteen with The E Street Band will play the following venues later this year:

Hartford, CT, Hartford Civic Center (October 2)

Philadelphia, PA, Wachovia Center (5)

East Rutherford, NJ, Continental Arena (9/10)

Ottawa, ONT, Civic Centre (14)

Toronto, ONT, Air Canada Centre (15)

New York, NY, Madison Square Garden (17/18)

Chicago, IL, United Center (21)

Oakland, CA, Oracle Arena (26)

Los Angeles, CA, Venue TBA (28)

St. Paul, MN, Xcel Energy Center (November 2)

Cleveland, OH, Quicken Loans Arena (4)

Auburn Hills, MI, Palace Of Auburn Hills (5)

Washington, D.C., Verizon Arena (11)

Pittsburgh, PA, Mellon Arena (14)

Albany, NY, Times Union Center (15)

Boston, MA, TD Banknorth Garden (18)

Madrid, Spain, Palacio De Deportes (25)

Bilbao, Spain, Bilbao Ex. Centre (26)

Milan, Italy, Datchforum (28)

Arnhem, Netherlands, Geldredome (30)

Mannheim, Germany, Sap Arena (December 2)

Oslo, Norway, Oslo Spektrum (4)

Copenhagen, Denmark, Forum Copenhagen (8)

Stockholm, Sweden, Globe Arena (10)

Antwerp, Belgium, Sports Paleis (12)

Cologne, Germany, Koln Arena (13)

Belfast, Ireland, Odyssey Arena (15)

Paris, France, Palais Omnisports (17)

London, UK, O2 Arena (19)

• 7 months later...

Springsteen in Dublin

Hi all! Am going to see Springsteen in Dublin on May 25th - really happy about that as we get there on the 24th & that third show was added later. Can anyone tell me what's around the RDS Aena in Ballsbridge? We want to get to the area early and hit some pubs or restaurants. Thanks in advance!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
His new song sucks

He has no voice anymore

I have not listened to the new song too much, so I really can't comment. I know Rolling Stone gave the new album 5 stars, so at least someone thinks his new songs are good. Not that Rolling Stone is the "end-all-be-all," but it is at least some indication. Also, Metacritic has his new album at a 72, which is very respectable.

There is nothing wrong with Bruce's voice. I saw him twice on the Magic tour, and he sounded fantastic. I really enjoyed his last album and, as soon as I scrape some money together, I plan to go down and purchase his new one.

I have seen just about every major act in concert and, with the exception of U2, I have never experienced an audience interact with an artist like at a Springsteen show. It is a very spiritual experience.

We'll see how he does tomorrow at the Super Bowl. I did not enjoy his performance at the Obama concert, however, I know Springsteen is capable of a masterful performance on the big stage. I'll definitely be watching.

His new song sucks

He has no voice anymore

I have not listened to the new song too much, so I really can't comment. I know Rolling Stone gave the new album 5 stars, so at least someone thinks his new songs are good. Not that Rolling Stone is the "end-all-be-all," but it is at least some indication. Also, Metacritic has his new album at a 72, which is very respectable.

There is nothing wrong with Bruce's voice. I saw him twice on the Magic tour, and he sounded fantastic. I really enjoyed his last album and, as soon as I scrape some money together, I plan to go down and purchase his new one.

I have seen just about every major act in concert and, with the exception of U2, I have never experienced an audience interact with an artist like at a Springsteen show. It is a very spiritual experience.

We'll see how he does tomorrow at the Super Bowl. I did not enjoy his performance at the Obama concert, however, I know Springsteen is capable of a masterful performance on the big stage. I'll definitely be watching.

I like his new album!

Can't say I'm a huge fan (yet) and I haven't heard much more than the hits (yet). Love the Seeger sessions band!

I've always wanted to see him live but it's never been possible to get tickets. Until now!

There was a ticket scam, the promoter chose to work with a different ticket company and, lo and behold, tickets were available also for average sven.

And then the system crashed on the release day and it's still not confirmed how many tickets I have in total but that's a whole other story.

At least I have really good tickets to two of the concerts (he plays three nights here!).

Looking fwd to June! I really need to catch up on his work. Any tips on where I should start?

Btw: Wal-Mart?

I like his new album!

Can't say I'm a huge fan (yet) and I haven't heard much more than the hits (yet). Love the Seeger sessions band!

I've always wanted to see him live but it's never been possible to get tickets. Until now!

There was a ticket scam, the promoter chose to work with a different ticket company and, lo and behold, tickets were available also for average sven.

And then the system crashed on the release day and it's still not confirmed how many tickets I have in total but that's a whole other story.

At least I have really good tickets to two of the concerts (he plays three nights here!).

Looking fwd to June! I really need to catch up on his work. Any tips on where I should start?

Btw: Wal-Mart?

It's hard to recommend a Springsteen album because his style is so varied. I would recommend getting "The Essential Bruce Springsteen" (which goes beyond greatest hits) and then exploring the sound that you like best. Three classic albums are: Born to Run, The River, and Born in the USA. Remember to get yourself a lyrics sheet, as Springsteen is one of the greatest storytellers of all time.

The Wal-Mart controversy is over the fact that his latest greatest hits album is a Wal-Mart exclusive. Bruce is a big pro-union and workers rights advocate, which has caused some to criticize him for going with an organization that has a history of questionable employee practices. He has recognized this fact and said he made a mistake.