✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Bruce Springsteen

Thanks for explaining the Wal-Mart thing, hadn't heard about that.

And thanks so much for the tips, bjaiken, that will be very helpful.

My copy of the new album is on its way. You know you can listen to it here

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=99173117

don't you? Unil the scraping is done, I mean. Yeah, you probably do, but just in case.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE! He killed it. My favorite Super Bowl half time performance of all time (and I loved U2's performance).

I like a lot of the music that tries to be smart and innovative but, in the end, there is no substitute for good old fashioned rock n' roll.

• 1 month later...
I like a lot of the music that tries to be smart and innovative but, in the end, there is no substitute for good old fashioned rock n' roll.

Couldn't have said it better myself. You might not like his voice or his overall sound but his live show is one thing you should experience before you die. Incredible. Saw him back in 84 and it blew my mind. Try to get your hands on his 1975 show at the Hammersmith Odeon in London. Fucking legendary! I'm going to see him April 29 at the Wachovia SPECTRUM in Philly. Over the years he has sold-out something like 45 shows there. And this one will prolly be his last there since they are tearing the building down later this year. Should be a great show!

I am going to see him either April 15 or April 16 in Los Angeles. I am not completely sold on his latest CD. I have only listened to it a few times, but it is not as immediate as "Magic," despite the fact that it appears to have the same pop sensibilities in its prodcution. I will certainly listen to it several times before the show, so perhaps I will have a better feeling at that time.

Yeah it's no Magic. I still can't get enough of that one because it's signature Boss stuff, like the classic 70s albums. But WOAD is quite good...a lil twangy but it grows on ya. My Lucky Day, Queen of the Supermarket, What Love Can Do, Life Itself, and The Wrestler are my picks. Outlaw Pete is rather different....a radio DJ compared the melody of that to KISS "I Was Made For Loving You". Rather strange but there is a similarity.

Yeah it's no Magic. I still can't get enough of that one because it's signature Boss stuff, like the classic 70s albums. But WOAD is quite good...a lil twangy but it grows on ya. My Lucky Day, Queen of the Supermarket, What Love Can Do, Life Itself, and The Wrestler are my picks. Outlaw Pete is rather different....a radio DJ compared the melody of that to KISS "I Was Made For Loving You". Rather strange but there is a similarity.

I didn't see Magic as being similar to his 70s stuff. I thought it was very pop oriented with a high level of production, along the lines of Born In The USA or Tunnel Of Love.

But yes, Magic is one of my favorite Springsteen albums. He is one of the best.

^Yeah you're right....def similar to BITU in those terms. I kinda group that one in with his older work because I bought all of his albums at the same time after his concert in 84.

Wow! I would have loved to see Bruce back in 84. He still puts on a great show, but that was his prime (IMO).

^It was an incredible show. First of all, he did like 6 or 7 sold-out shows on that one tour stop! That itself is unbelievable. Then he proceeded to perform for 4 FUCKING HOURS!!! No opening act, went on @ 8:30, played till about 10:30, had a short 20-30 minute intermission and then came back and played til 12:30 or so. I left the concert awestruck. From then on I always said Springsteen was the best concert I've ever been to (and I've been to A LOT).

Just found this, check it out:

http://www.stoneponylondon.net/usa/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...